Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is there a guide on doing kriya yoga anywhere on the net?

Blog Entries

Re: Is there a guide on doing kriya yoga anywhere on the net?

Couple of things to add- I too used to think that some things shouldn't be hidden, because it breeds cultism, but after 'I've seen what I've seen', I can understand why some people shouldn't be taught certain things, unless it can be known they're ready.
    I just got done reading Autobiography of a Yogi, and from his description of what happens in an initiation you can figure out who can handle a samadhi experience, which according to my perception is what you get in an initiation if you are ready.
    Imagine being 'shall we say' too young or too unstable to get one right off the bat without prior instruction?
    Think of how many people come here terrified because they woke up to a spontaneous projection and think they were dying or were being attacked by some unseen entity?

In pre-2000 India, in a culture where everyone meditated as part of their daily routines, where they have an understanding of a greater reality and experience is expected, not looked at with suspicion (well, not too much), these initiations were precursors for instruction- so it doesn't surprise me that 'being led to it' isn't enough.

Of course, having to pay a hefty price for the instruction gives a different sting, but that's a whole 'nother theme.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Of course, having to pay a hefty price for the instruction gives a different sting, but that's a whole 'nother theme.
    Yes. That's actually more the sort of thing that bothers me, although I do always go "Hmmm" with any sort of "secret knowledge".

You make a good point though, about tremendous spiritual experiences and the totally unprepared. I nearly died from my spontaneous Kundalini awakening, so I certainly see what you mean.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

But you are both comparing spontaneous experiences to ... what? Having the same experience after bad instruction or reading a book? Having the same experience after being taught by a competent and caring teacher? Not having the experience at all because the technique to induce it remains secret?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Initially, I was just saying that sects/groups/whatever that have "secret knowledge" tend to make me nervous.

Then I read what CFT said about people needing to be prepared for receiving major spiritual events, and conceded that it's entirely possible that some groups keep things guarded until they know an initiate is capable of withstanding the spiritual event.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    But you are both comparing spontaneous experiences to ... what? Having the same experience after bad instruction or reading a book? Having the same experience after being taught by a competent and caring teacher? Not having the experience at all because the technique to induce it remains secret?

Oliver
    What???? *scratches head*
    What OW said.
    I'm not sure what the question was.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

alwayson4 Guest

I did find a renegade guide to kriya yoga on the internet:

http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/

Blog Entries

I read a bit of the FAQ, and while I find the author's drive to overcome old thinking genuine, he is in some ways overeager and IMO not always factually correct - not about Kriya, but in general.

One answer seems to me like he doubts a direct mind teacher-student transmission is possible, even that attunements or other things are possible. While I can understand his desire to demystify, I don't believe that's accurate.

I believe a highly developed teacher (a master) can do exactly this - transmit into the student to let it blossom when the student is ready. I actually think this happens with all of us all the time, but subconsciously and uncoordinated. If somebody masters her or his own mind, then this process should become very refined. It is certainly possible to work with other people's energies and induce changes, and I think attunements do work as well. They do not work miracles, but all these things can speed up a person's development by giving it direction and a boost. IMO of course.

Still I like this author's attitude in general.

Oliver

Nostic Guest

I can totally understand not wanting to give out certain knowledge to the general public. I can understand it although it has been kind of frustrating for me. I can't even count the number of times I've reread "The Science of Kriya Yoga" chapter in Autobiography of A Yogi. One thing I can say, as you develop along the path, the details of that chapter make more and more sense. You start understanding the concepts on deeper levels.
    Frankly, I imagine if I were self-realized, I'd only give the fine details of my knowledge to those who were extremely serious about the path they're taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostic
    I can totally understand not wanting to give out certain knowledge to the general public. I can understand it although it has been kind of frustrating for me. I can't even count the number of times I've reread "The Science of Kriya Yoga" chapter in Autobiography of A Yogi. One thing I can say, as you develop along the path, the details of that chapter make more and more sense. You start understanding the concepts on deeper levels.
    Frankly, I imagine if I were self-realized, I'd only give the fine details of my knowledge to those who were extremely serious about the path they're taking.
    Try comparing that technique with the microcosmic orbit meditation from chi kung. Babaji imported it from them into Kriya Yoga. The chakras are associated with planets and different sections of the orbit are associated with constellations. In the Kriya Yoga version of the microcosmic orbit a single time through the orbit is a full year of "natural evolution" compressed into thirty seconds. The thing is, there are a lot of other details I was unable to patch in. I couldn't even get yes/no answers about this because I have not received Kriya Yoga initiation. They wouldn't take what I have received as an equivalent. It just seems weird to me that they have been so successful in being able to keep anyone from truly spilling the beans. All I have been able to do has been to chase shadows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nostic
    Begs the question: Why?

Oliver

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast