Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meditation and NEW

knucklebrain Guest

Meditation and NEW

Can you combine the two? I have noticed recently that when I sit up in a chair and do NEW with my eyes closed and some meditation music on, I can get my whole body buzzing.

Anybody else experience this? This was awesome. Last night I was buzzing so much. My legs, arms, torso did not exist. Is this what is supposed to happen with new?

Is this a precursor to OBE?

Thanks, Kevin

Dan36oy Guest
    Yeah I get heavy buzzing and/or flowing sensations and my entire body takes on an amorphic quality during meditation and nei gung exercises. It is very awesome.

I'd say give NEW a shot during meditation. Releasing energy blockages and thus tension can only further any attempts at reaching a deeply relaxed state. I would guess that the results gained from NEW or any other energy work would increase greatly while done in a meditative state as opposed to casually stimulating energy centers while say working at the office. Either way it is a win/win situation.

BiggyMatt Guest
    Yes, in my experience you can and should combine the two when the opportunity presents itself. In my own experience when doing NEW in an altered state of conciousness ie:meditating, varied levels of trance I am able to better focus my awareness there by by ability to move and manipulate my energy increases. I also believe that in Astral Dynamics Robert speaks of this and also says that the very act of going into one of these altered states of conciousness automatically increases the flow of energy(not positive but I'm 99% sure I seen it in there).

Christian Guest
    I've combined meditation and energy work for about two years and it works fine. It's good for releasing energy blockages and clearing energy pathways, such as Ida, Pingala and Sushumna to make the energy flow more freely.

Christian

violetsky Guest

Re: Meditation and NEW

Dear knucklebrain,

One major goal of meditation is quieting of the mind and increasing awareness of all that is. Many people use breathing to focus and concentrate on to help silence the mind. Equally one can use body awareness actions to focus on and silence mind chatter.

Buzzing indicates smaller energy centres opening up but that likely there are blockages upstream so the energy cannot flow fluidly and energy flow is a little choppy or buzzy.

Fantastic to hear you really getting into this. It is a lot of fun and darn cool.

Very Best Wishes,
    violetsky

Donald McGlinn Guest
    Meditation goes hand in hand with energy work.

Apparantly the best method is to meditate at an angle of 37 degrees which will also produce the most effective way to have an OBE too.

knucklebrain Guest
    Well, what is odd is that I have never had this happen while meditating in 1/2 lotus style. By my legs getting cramped, it's like sitting there listening to music with my eyes shut. It plain SUCKS. Now after I really thought about it, when I sit in the chair, feet on floor, proper posture, listening to music and doing the full body circuit, I go freekn numb. Now in my mind that is progress. I need to go numb.

I wish I could go numb like that 24/7

So if I can sit in the chair and get in that state all the time (even did it at work for 15 minutes today) I say screw sitting lotus, it sucks. I'm just kind of upset that I've wasted so much time sitting on the floor when I could have been progressing all this time.

Now one might ask the question where I want to progress to? I don't know, but when I just sit on the floor and nothing happens, day in, day out, I have to ask why the hell I'm doing it in the first place.

If I can sit and do the NEW FBC in a chair and get my body buzz going, well that I think is awesome. What do you think about this?

Kevin

Rydel Guest
    I personally do not do energy work while meditating VERY often. The sensations seem to be more pronounced when I am in a trance state, but I tend to do it before I begin to meditate/trance, as it sort of helps in relaxing my body, and the increased energy movement makes the transition much more smooth.

The way I remember Robert Bruce saying this was that it is better to do NEW mostly in a normal condition rather than in trance states most of the time. This is not as fast, but it gives the channels a chance to expand and develop and get used to the increased flow of energy through them. It is possible to end up with the channels more constricted than they were to begin with if they don't adapt well enough.

Dan36oy Guest
    I agree Rydel. I separate the two in my daily practice, though I tend to focus more on energy work.

Kevin, it really makes no difference whether you meditate in full lotus, sitting on a chair, standing or even during sex. The point is stillness and an empty mind. Meditation is a hard thing for some to do for any length of time. There are times I cannot meditate for more than 15-20 minutes or so without my mind wandering and me becoming agitated to the point that I go do something else. It may appear nothing is happening while you meditate, and it is possible that nothing is. If so just think of that hour or whatever you spend meditating as a chance to get away from the stress of every day life. Though I suspect more important things are happening whether you know it or not, and it is an inner journey that you will have to discover on your own.