Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meditation and NEW

knucklebrain Guest
    Thanks for the input chaps. I just find the state I'm in when I do NEW very nice. That's the state I need to be in as I'm wound very tight and it's nice to be able to actually feel my body buzzing like that. I did not however know how to progress it to the point of OBE.

It's just nice to actaully have something happen after all the work. I did it again tonight and it was wonderful. Completely straight, total body buzz. Now I'd like to perhaps concentrate on opening up some chakras or actually feeling them.

Kevin

tyciol Guest
    To be quite honest, what IS a meditation? I consider doing NEW a meditation, or really anything psychic a meditation. Heck, I call reflecting upon my day or gathering my thoughts a meditation.

The thing is, at least until you get it down instinctively where it's unconcious (not sure if it's possible but that'd be awesome), NEW is a focused concious effort, so if you're thinking of the meditation of non-thinking where you let all thoughts pass by you and empty your mind, then no, you CAN NOT do it, because it's contradictory. You can't think of nothing and do something that requires thinking simultaneously. Thus the necessity of instinctiveness.

If you're just thinking about a topic or following thoughts that pop into your head, or some kind of other thinking or work, or even relaxation, fine, but focusing on moving energy through the body sounds to me like it would be another thing to clutter the mind. Before and after would rock though.

Rydel Guest
    To be quite honest, what IS a meditation?
    Meditation is focusing on one thing or nothing (thereby silencing the mind).

Donald McGlinn Guest
    Meditation is an altered state of consciousness.

It has many forms and many levels and a lots of methods.

Donald

tyciol Guest
    To me, meditation is to think on something specific, usually to exclusion. Instead of thinking about a dozen things like the computer or our music or a girl or how hungry we are, we focus on only one thing.

Even if that one thing is nothing.

Christian Guest
    I used meditation as a way to get better sleep but I ended up feeling my chakras and havÃÂÂ♥ng some sort of kundalini activation. Now I meditate and use NEW and I don't think one can say that NEW is a meditation because NEW doesn't bring a meditative state, at least not for me.

It's also easier to move energy if I'm in a meditative state, so a meditation technique could be a good way to start until a relaxed and meditative state is achieved and then proceed to move energy.

knucklebrain Guest
    Well, for me, NEW is meditation and energy work combined in one. When I meditate, I basically just SIT and breath and nothing happens. It's a complete waste of my time to sit 1/2 lotus, with my ankles aching and my mind racing, when I can sit in a chair, do NEW, get my body vibrating every time and lose track of time and space. When I'm in this state my body simply does not exist.

This is the exact state which I thought meditation would bring. So I'm all done with meditation, as I said, it's a complete waste of my time. After doing 20 minutes of the NEW FBC, I can then relax and work on breathing and just enjoy being NOTHING, which is far better than I feel from anything in life.

I'm just happy because I am able to enter this state, every time, without fail pretty much, without the aid of drugs, which is a first for me. I doubt I'll ever get my chakras to work, and I'm pretty much convinced that the whole chakra thing is BS. I can do NEW, I can stimulate various parts of the body with MBA, however I'm pretty much convinced that trying to find, open, spin, whatever my chakras is a complete waste of time.

Anyhow the insight is appreciated. I'm trying to get the wife into doing NEW, but she has the attitude towards NEW that I have towards chakras. I know I shouldn't have the attitude I do, I'm just sad or jealous a little bit, maybee a lot when I read of stories of third eye openings, and all the other chakra related stuff that eludes me. I simply can not feel them, and after a year, I'd say it's just time to give up on them and concentrate on energy work instead.

Kevin

Christian Guest
    I think if you want to do serious improvement you should give chakras a shot. It's defenitely worth finding, feeling and working with them. It has helped me a lot in releasing mental baggage, balancing my mind and improving overall well being.

For me it took a year of daily (mantra)meditation before I started to feel my chakras and I think it takes different time for each individual before they start to sense their chakras. Just keep up with your meditations and sooner or later you will start to sense your chakras and be able to work with them.

Rydel Guest
    I think if you want to do serious improvement you should give chakras a shot. It's defenitely worth finding, feeling and working with them. It has helped me a lot in releasing mental baggage, balancing my mind and improving overall well being.
    I would suggest working with the new secondary system and full body circuits for a few months before working on individual chakaras though.

nparker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald McGlinn
    Meditation is an altered state of consciousness.

It has many forms and many levels and a lots of methods.

Donald
    Hi Donald..!
    Please, advice a link (or links...) from where gather info about forms, levels and methods for to meditate efficiently.
    Thank you very much...
    Natalia Parker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast