Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Meditation and NEW

Christian Guest
    knucklebrain:

I've also posted a post at under the thread Breathing Disciplines that you started regarding mental baggage, chakras and kundalini.

Rydel Guest
    Please, advice a link (or links...) from where gather info about forms, levels and methods for to meditate efficiently.
    Well I'm not Donald but I may be able to help a bit.

I suggest going to google and putting in a search relating to meditation or such, and you'll find a plethora of web sites pertaining to different forms and methods for meditation.

Happy searching!

Christian Guest
    Rydel: Yeah, I think that's a good advice. But I didn't come across my energy system the right way I started meditating knowing nothing about chakras, energy bodies or kundalini, I just wanted to get better sleep. So one day I experienced a kundalini awakening which I was not ready for. I went to a hypnotherapist who moved energy in my body and that's the way I learned to move energy. And I later read on the Internet about chakras and kundalini and took it from there. I knew nothing about NEW at that time. And I had to work on my chakras to balance myself because they have a strong link with kundalini.

But it's probably safest and best as you say to work with the secondary chakras before moving on to the seven primary ones.

nparker Guest
    Hi Donald..!

From the viewpoint of your definition, if meditation is an altered state of conciousness, I must give you reason, since the single act of to concentrate in a subject of our selection is statistically speaking an act of to be abstracted from the normal flux of our existence.

All are altered states of conciusness, then, though.

Sleep is another. At sleeping time our conscious mind is disconnected, and a special actitude of conscious mind prior to sleeping state is needed for to access to sleeping state.

When we eat, we are in a special state of conciousness, we are concentrated in eating. That’s no good idea to be engaged in examination of problems at eating time, although eating is a process almost automatic.

When we are watching TV, we are in a state of receptiveness, like an hyponsis state; an state of open mind. From a statistically viewpoint is an altered state of conciousness, clearly different from another (like those of eat, reading, sleeping, etc.)

When we are meditating… what we are doing, so..?
    So, you must to clarify your definition… though.

My best regards.
    Natalia Parker

violetsky Guest
    Dear tyciol,

True, too much has been dumped under the word Meditation. New words with clearer definitions likely would be helpful.

Clearing the mind and stopping mind chatter is very helpful when doing the NEW method because mind chatter can be thought of as a consumer of energy and a distraction from what we are doing. Ideally you focus your energy and feel what you are doing without mind chatter or talking yourself internally throught the steps.

First time doing NEW a person may need to thinking with words in their mind as they follow instructions. But with just a small amount of practice one realizes that mental words are not required to move energy and actually just become a distraction. One can move into a deep feeling and sensing state with total silence of mental words. This is when we really start feeling our energy body and finding the blockages etc.

Best Regards,
    violetsky