Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Being

nightflyer Guest

Re: Beyond Being

A friend introduced me to meditation 8 years ago; 45 minutes into it I had a tunnel experience which was mind blowing to me at that time. Beginning the next day I started a daily practice of 1 to 2 hours of meditation. In the next week I found the Monroe Institute & started the Gateway series. The same week I started taking a yoga class & about 2000 I came across the book Astral Dynamics and started doing NEW. I try to practice all of the above on a daily basis.

nightflyer Guest

The rain drops last 10 to 30 minutes. Today I listened to the first CD and didn't get them at all. Although I tried I did not manage an OOB which isn't a surprise because normally I phase. I had little snippetts of things. I think 12 different things that I either could not understand or didn't make any sense to me. They were like very fast pictures of things. I'll try again tomorrow.

JoEMoNK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nightflyer
    A friend introduced me to meditation 8 years ago; 45 minutes into it I had a tunnel experience which was mind blowing to me at that time. Beginning the next day I started a daily practice of 1 to 2 hours of meditation. In the next week I found the Monroe Institute & started the Gateway series. The same week I started taking a yoga class & about 2000 I came across the book Astral Dynamics and started doing NEW. I try to practice all of the above on a daily basis.
    Well your experienced and I'm new. It should be interesting to see how the cd's will effect me compared to you... even though two different people in the same situation may have been totally different

JoEMoNK Guest

The rain drops last 10 to 30 minutes. Today I listened to the first CD and didn't get them at all. Although I tried I did not manage an OOB which isn't a surprise because normally I phase. I had little snippetts of things. I think 12 different things that I either could not understand or didn't make any sense to me. They were like very fast pictures of things. I'll try again tomorrow.
    I’m not sure what CD to start with. I guess I'll decide when its time

nightflyer Guest

I'm not sure if this still goes here or under meditation.
    Tonight I was meditating while listening to the first CD of the Beyond Being Set and noticed that it was stopping my internat chatter for 8 to 10 minute periods, without trying on my part. When I am trying without this CD I usually last 2 to 3 minutes.

JoEMoNK Guest

I'm not sure if this still goes here or under meditation.
    I think we should keep all the talk about Beyond Being here. That way if anyone looks up Beyond Being in this forum this thread will pop up and show our experience
    Tonight I was meditating while listening to the first CD of the Beyond Being Set and noticed that it was stopping my internat chatter for 8 to 10 minute periods, without trying on my part. When I am trying without this CD I usually last 2 to 3 minutes.
    I last a few seconds but I’m just starting. I hope these cds are not too much for a beginner

Blog Entries

I can maintain a meditative state much longer when I use NeuroProgrammer or MindStereo (same technology as the CDs). I also find it much quicker to "get there", although with regular use, I've found that I've kind of "trained" my mind to slip into a conscious trance a lot more easily than it did once.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

nightflyer Guest

OlderWiser, what else do you use Mindstereo for?

Blog Entries

I listen to music while I'm working, and I use a sub-delta brainwave pattern to manage chronic pain. It works, too. In fact, it works so well, that after months of using it regularly, the chronic pain isn't all that chronic any more. I'm shocked and surprised, but very pleased.

I also sometimes just put it on alpha if I'm working on something creative (digital art, design, etc.), and if I'm feeling groggy and can't concentrate, I'll do a Beta session to wake my brain up. Happily, my life is such that I don't have to be stunningly alert for most things, and I don't do the Beta too often (it can make you anxious if you're not careful).

I have a long history of anxiety/panic disorder, chronic pain/fatigue, and post traumtic stress disorder, but using the combination of brainwave technology and meditation has eased most of that stuff. I'm huge fan, to say the least.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

nightflyer Guest

My wife has a lot of pain from artheritis, do you think it would help her?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast