Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Being

Blog Entries

Re: Beyond Being

Quote Originally Posted by nightflyer
    My wife has a lot of pain from artheritis, do you think it would help her?
    I honestly don't know. The condition I have is based in the limbic system of the brain, and as far as I can tell, it's actually that your brain overinterprets pain signals, plus there's a sleep component (you don't get quality deep sleep, so your body doesn't have the chance to repair itself properly). A combination of gamma and subdelta waves (I find the subdelta most effective) is good for the limbic system, so that's why it works (or anyway, that's the theory).

Arthritis is actually a physical thing, so I don't know if it would or wouldn't help.

You could ask at the forums over at Transparent Corporation, though. They'd probably have some thoughts on the subject.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

nightflyer Guest

Thanks I'll get in touch with them. I wondered because of all those people who think Q-Ray bracelet's work on their artheritis.

Blog Entries

For conditions like arthritis, as I think it has an inflammation component IIRC, I would recommend Qigong. I'd think Dragon & Tiger would be good for that, somehow.

Inflammation IMO reacts rather well to energy work.

Take good care,
    Oliver

For conditions like arthritis, as I think it has an inflammation component IIRC, I would recommend Qigong. I'd think Dragon & Tiger would be good for that, somehow.

Inflammation IMO reacts rather well to energy work.
    Qigong or chi kung is a practice involving movement and regulated breathing which is designed to be therapeutic. In its origin, Qigong is a part of Traditional Chinese medicine. Qigong is mostly taught for health maintenance purposes, but there are also some who teach it as a therapeutic intervention or practice it as a medical profession.
    One would think, IMO, that if an exercise involves movement, which it is apparent qi gong does, one might be a little cautious in advocating it for a condition involving inflammation. Particularly given the recent admin warning about such recommendations & the fact that this is distinctly not a site of alternative medicine or practices. This is Astral Dynamics & the ongoing recommendations for practices not actually given by the author would seem directly contradictory to the following caution.

How about less of the 'this book says...' & 'this guru says...' & 'I read somewhere...' & a little more of what has actually been tried & proven by the person making the claims? Just because a movement exists doesn't mean it has any relevant information to contribute - recommending, on the basis of personal opinion, a practice that would clearly exacerbate the symptoms seems both foolhardy & against the direct instructions of the site admin. (see below)

Astral Dynamics is about a process that provides results yet the site is increasingly becoming one where everybody has a favourite guru to provide "The Way" It used to be about what people have tried & either it worked or not, but now the main posts are about who has the better library.

This post is about Beyond Being & the OP has expressed a desire to keep it that way - bringing in alternative practices of little provenance or authority (alternative not only to the post but also to the site) is getting beyond what the site is about.

Personally, given my investment in hemisync technology & what I see as its benefits, I'd rather the guru stuff stays where it belongs & I can read more about the Beyond Being process. For example, does it deal with the Gamma levels as OW seems to imply? Or is that just the NP program?
    Is healing a part of the program (either BB or NP) or is what is being talked about a side effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    This is a general warning to all: This poster has expressed a desire for guidance, however no one here, except for any psychologists that may be reading this forum, has any expertise at all on diagnosing mental or emotional illness. I do not want to see anyone trying to influence someone who is coming for guidance to stop seeing a medical professional or to stop taking prescribed medication. This will be met with swift and possibly final action. I hope this is very clear.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Blog Entries

So, have I been moderated now? It seems so.

Never mind I have experience with both Hemi-Sync *and* Qigong, both years now, also had my share of battling minor inflammation with Qigong, though certainly not with arthritis, and also never recommended this instead of seeing a doctor.

Oliver

And I quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by korpo
    While there is nothing about 'instead of a doctor' that doesn't cover the recommendation made. The proviso given is that arthritis involves inflammation & the recommendation is to do movement.

Moderation is as moderation does... Sorry.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

nightflyer Guest

"Never mind I have experience with both Hemi-Sync *and* Qigong, both years now, also had my share of battling minor inflammation with Qigong, though certainly not with arthritis, and also never recommended this instead of seeing a doctor."
    Thanks Karpo, yes I understood that you were not advocating Qigong over the medical establishment. However, in my wife's case the doctors & their pills have been no help. I'll look into Qigong.

nightflyer Guest

OlderWiser, I spent most of last night reading all replies on the Transparent Corp. furum. Unfortunately I think that you have to have bought the NeuroProgrammer Program to join the forum. I tried joining several times & they kept rejecting my email saving they have no record of it. On the other hand, thanks for bringing the forum to my attention,I now have the information from others experiences. When I bought the Beyond Being CD's I missed the forum information.

On the forum I read about 5 different people who had spontaneous out of body experiences using the Beyond Being CD #1 however they could not duplicate the experience. I don't find that listening to the CD's does anything to physicaly relax your body, so this could possibly be a reason. And for the first time in my life, I now have trouble going to sleep at night. I lay awake for hours tossing & turning. I have been listening to the CD's in the evening's, so perhaps there is something in them to keep you awake so that you don't miss your experiences. Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Hello, nightflyer.

After I had done some energy work I relistened to my TMI Hemisync tapes, and I could feel that they move energy, maybe subtly, but they do. So they might be considered to have similar effects to energy work, maybe some frequencies might impede on your sleep and be best listened to during the day and not close to sleep.

Maybe the effect is intended - mind awake/body asleep. This increases alertness, but may impact sleep. Sometimes after listening to a tape with an exercise to induce OBE I would not have the full experience during listening to the tape, but when I went to sleep I would wake up during the night having the experience. There might be some preset that should help with finding relaxing sleep or even a full sleep or a lucid dream preset, but not everyone is comfortable with sleeping with headphones on or sth like that. I tried some programs, and I don't remember which had which.

Dragon & Tiger Qigong is an exercise in medical Qigong. It works the acupuncture meridians. Its movements are slow, not sudden jerks, slowly work the joints, tissues and musles, and also flush these meridians of energy blocks. The concept is less like working out, more like a fluid, slow motion, and no sudden jerks or changes involved, so I guess your wife might be capable of doing an exercise like this without triggering instant pain. None of the movements is an extreme or a big stretch. All joints are supposed to move at the same rate, continuously turning at the same rate. I think something similar might help.

If you can find a Qigong practitioner with some expertise in medical Qigong in your town or area, (s)he might be able to suggest some exercises that directly apply to your wife's condition and teach her. An expert might be able to identify energy flows to work on for helping mitigate the pain or help easing the condition.

Take good care,
    Oliver

JoEMoNK Guest

Well I had a Chance to listen to the third CD and then the first the next day.

With the third Cd i got to listen to about 40 mins out of the full hour. Very relaxing and the sounds where soothing. Well listening to the CD I found it very easy to relax my body. It took a little longer for my thoughts to become minimal and my visual only consisted of green blobs making 3D shapes. I imagine as I continue with meditation and start raising my energy (I started reading the NEW tutorial ) that this will start to get more instance. Going through the whole hour might help as well.

With the First CD I didn’t have as much time but I listen to the first half of the full hour. Again I found it very easy to get my body to relax. Once I was able to calm my mind down I noticed that my mind was blipping in and out like I was almost falling asleep but with out the tired feeling.

I haven’t noticed any odd side effect after the session was over.

I'll post more as I have more experiences with the CD's

JoEMoNK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast