Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meditation? What is it?>!?!? :O

Quote Originally Posted by oath
    Really, acting more like boys than mystics. (no offense, Truth is dangerous sometimes, that doesnt change my opinion and admiration of it though)
    This comment was not necesary, don't let me see it again.

Jaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I've seen it quoted that in the next generation (perhaps ours) genetic understanding of aging will be such, that we should be able to double our current lifespan. I have a feeling we might miss out on this though
    Double lifespan? It has been done already on... nematodes and mice
    But worms and rodents are not humans... To double human lifespan there must be experiments on... humans of course And there are going to be experiments on humans in that matter, as there are now in some other cases The question here is not "if" but "when" Will it take a generation? Hmm, hard to tell I do not know what those giant bio-tech companies are doing in their labs
    Biotechnology, medicine and pharmaceutics are a big business. Tens or even hundreds billions of dollars are in stake here
    Long and healthy life is a dream for many, and you can earn a lot of money on dreams...
    But enough of this off-top...

Apex Guest
    I believe that technology will only be able to extend the waking lifetime so far through the manipulation of the physical body. At some point, technology, and the mind itself, will have to work with the nonphysical body to extend it even further. This is where meditation comes in. Meditation has been shown to extend age past the life expectancy alone. Effective meditation used in conjuction with advanced technology has great potential.

Blog Entries
    Chris wrote:
    I agree with this. During periods when I go to the gym daily (I know ) it is a lot easier to project.
    Maybe this will motivate me to start working out again- Maybe I can make it one of my affirmations... :cry:
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Donald McGlinn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oath
    Really, acting more like boys than mystics. (no offense....
    Oath,

Comments like this are not welcome in the forums. It is derogatory and goes against forum policy.

Putting someone else down to make a point simply weakens your argument. If you disagree with someone, use facts not put downs.

Saying "no offense" doesn't give you the right to make these kinds of comments.

Please keep this in mind

Donald

oath Guest
    Okay sorry everyone :cry:

nparker Guest
    Hi friends..!
    May be my experience don´t match with meditation concept but (anyway...) I'm only submitting to you in order to gather an opinion (from yours) than give an opinion (from mine) about thread inquiry...

I´m from a country where Spanish is the main (99,99 %: the very main, of sure) speaking language. In order to read forums like these and taking into account my poor knowledge of english, a tactics used by me in order to deal with unknown expressions (beside translator online service use) is to read confuse statements with a mind devoid of thoughts... and understanding of it easily arises. Then, I get understanding through an intuitive path, though. The most of times, this is most effective than do a sistematic and mechanical translation (word-by-word) of text.

This fits to meditation concept..?

Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Sorlac
    I believe that technology will only be able to extend the waking lifetime so far through the manipulation of the physical body. At some point, technology, and the mind itself, will have to work with the nonphysical body to extend it even further. This is where meditation comes in. Meditation has been shown to extend age past the life expectancy alone. Effective meditation used in conjuction with advanced technology has great potential.
    The drug companies want us to believe that we can live forever. But in truth, most of the medical advances over the past hundred years have been at the lower end of the scale. A hundred years ago, few people lived beyond childhood. As a result, people live longer. But the life expectancy of a forty-year old man today really isn't much better than it was a hundred years ago: As infant mortality decreased, adult mortality has actually risen. The drug companies, of course, would say that is due to pollution and poor lifestyle.

So the 120 to 130 years some expect may not pan out...

Quote Originally Posted by I, Sophroniscus
    The drug companies want us to believe that we can live forever. But in truth, most of the medical advances over the past hundred years have been at the lower end of the scale. A hundred years ago, few people lived beyond childhood. As a result, people live longer. But the life expectancy of a forty-year old man today really isn't much better than it was a hundred years ago: As infant mortality decreased, adult mortality has actually risen. The drug companies, of course, would say that is due to pollution and poor lifestyle.

So the 120 to 130 years some expect may not pan out...
    Last night listening to Matt Drudge on a local radio station, I heard him say that doctors now project that as many as half of all adults will develop diabetes and that the lifetime one may expect will probably decrease over the next several years...

Blog Entries
    And if the chemical companies continue to develop new poisons and pass them off as 'natural' and put them in children's marketed foods then we will have new diseases to contend with.
    Example: Sucralose (Splenda): Put in children's candy and juices- What is it? Sugar that was messed with. How do you ask, was it messed with?(you'll love this Sophroniscus) They put Chlorine in the sugar molecule so the body doesn't recognize it as sugar and supposedly won't be able to assimilate it. The problem is that it does assimilate some of it.
    And there you have it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.