Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: this is important stuff

Akashic_Librarian Guest

this is important stuff

This site i found has ALOT of e-books on a wide variety of subjects to do with Magik and mysticism. Please be warned some it could be classed as dark magik. http://www.hermetics.org/ebooks.html Please use it wisely

Quantitativefool Guest
    Thanks for the link.

What books do you recommend and are you a practicing Hermetic?

-Stu

Chris Guest
    Nice link I was going to post it a while back in the other book thread, but for some reason I wasn't too comfortable in doing so.

Apex Guest
    Good deal, thanks.

Recommend any books?

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    Personally i recommend ALL of them. Despite the fact that some of them go into explicit Devil summoning . There is a book on astral projectino which i think is quite good. (there is only one so you need no name :p) Also the books by Heinrich Agrippa on Alchemey are good.

~Quantativefool. No i am not practsing Hermetics BUT i am fascianted by them and i love LEARNING about it but not putting it into practise.

Hope this helps people.
    _~#~_

marcus_spotzl Guest
    holy smokes you can summone the devil
    thats awsome

Quantitativefool Guest
    Not really the devil (or the highest form, being Gamegeon) but demon lords and stuff..yeah, you can. If you do any approach though I'd recommend Enocian calls-you call an angel and it bind the demon for you..less risk.

-Stu

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    To be hnoest i wouldn't try it. It sounds like something very dangerous to me. BUT if i could have a demon working for me...ohh...the possiblities

Matthew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantitativefool
    Thanks for the link.

What books do you recommend and are you a practicing Hermetic?

-Stu
    Off that website, I would recommend "The Golden Chain of Homer." There are some very clear spots in this work. However, it overflows with condensed genius, and the terms may become difficult to the novice or even intermediate alchemist.
    For the budding Hermeticist, I would suggest a recent translation of the Corpus Hermeticum entitled "The Way of Hermes." Almost 2000 years old, it is the foundation of Hermeticism. It starts out:
    Once, when mind had become intent on the things which are, and my understanding was raised to a great height, while my bodily senses were withdrawn as in sleep, when men are weighted down by too much food or by the fatigue of the body, it seemed that someone immensely great of infinite dimensions happened to call my name...
    I think this would be right up the alley of anyone in this forum It goes on to discuss the mystic's astral journeys under the tutelage of the Nous. There are many other dialogues in the Corpus as well. I cannot stress the importance of this document enough as a foundation textbook of the Western Tradition for the last two millennia.
    -Matthew