Thread: A Primer on Negs - How to Recognize a Negative Entity

A Primer on Negs - How to Recognize a Negative Entity

Scymitar wrote this little gem:
    I have been working on discernment of many forms a lot over the past six months, and here's my 2 cents on the matter:

Because these entities have access to a kind of 'list' of a person's negative weaknesses, i.e. insecurities, lust, anger, etc. they often use methods that will exaggerate these qualities that are part of your personality. IOW, they look for chinks in your armor. This makes it very difficult to discern what is a neg attack and what is your own negative nature coming to the fore on it's own. Which is why, imho, it is extremely important to address these aspects of yourself so that you might reduce the incidence of attack as much as possible. Not deny them, but to accept them, know them inside and out, and as RB says, to make them obedient to your positive aspect.

What I have recently learned is that there is a sense of exaggeration, there are thoughts that will pop into your mind that don't seem to belong, there is a certain vibe you feel, and one can also feel temporarily cut off from thier positive nature. When it's just a passing negative thought, these are easily swept away when one consciously makes the attempt. Neg induced stuff is more persisant. Also, lately, I have noticed a sense of nausea during attacks. Others have confirmed this symptom as frequently being indicitive of attack.

A huge piece of wisdom I have heard over and over again is "Know Thyself", this is key to being able to discern what is you and what is not you. Only recently am I truly understanding just how important this is. When one is under attack for so long, one looses the sense of their true self, thus making it easier for the neg to hang up the 'home sweet home' shingle. A lot of what DK talks about has to do with this very nasty part of attacks - the loss of connection with true self.

For me, because my clairvoyance seems to come and go spontaneously, it is very important to develop the ability to sense and feel the energy around me. Doing this will help a great deal with defense - if you can't see 'em, you can at least still develop the skill to feel 'em. On a rare occasion, I have had spontaneous clairvoyance during attack and have seen intruders, but nothing very detailed.

In short - know all your parts, the good, the bad and the ugly. Facing and confronting them makes it less likely they can be used against you. If the attempt is made, it is not so emotionally charged and easier to fight off. Learn to feel your environment and get a sense of what is around you. Learn to pay attention to your thoughts and emotions and look for patterns.

Also, I have noticed a sense of external manipulation when it's a neg attack and not just a blue mood. It can be a subtle feeling, but if one pays enough attention and is observant enough, one learns to discern this sensation.

Regarding the mentally ill - I don't know enough about this to make an intelligent comment. All I do know is that sometimes it's neg induced, sometimes it isn't and sometimes it's both.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 7th April 2012 at 03:45 AM.

Dsmoke Guest
    For a long time, I thought I was the only one who would spontaneously get horrible images and impulses to pop into my mind. After awhile, I recognized that these things were not coming from me. They were exaggerated, too reflexive and seemingly related to someone else's idea of what would upset me (i.e. close but not quite right). It was easy to ignore it after that, and I seldom get these symptoms anymore. I never investigated the possibility that it was a neg.

I found out recently that a lot of people I know have this happen to them. I had no idea. I wonder if this can relate to what Scymi is talking about?

Murraya Guest
    Aren't we also connected to the earth memory ? You could read the past events that is still alive in the air?
    (i do it in dreams)
    When i hear bad and uncommun things i just don't listen, turn away and immediately think it is the good and the evil that sleeps inside of us all, i just don't want to follow evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmoke
    For a long time, I thought I was the only one who would spontaneously get horrible images and impulses to pop into my mind. After awhile, I recognized that these things were not coming from me. They were exaggerated, too reflexive and seemingly related to someone else's idea of what would upset me (i.e. close but not quite right). It was easy to ignore it after that, and I seldom get these symptoms anymore. I never investigated the possibility that it was a neg.

I found out recently that a lot of people I know have this happen to them. I had no idea. I wonder if this can relate to what Scymi is talking about?
    I think it very well could relate. There are many reasons for negative thoughts, not all are generated from negs. What I have learned so far is that when it is neg related, one has a sense of another presence, a sense of manipulation. It can be subtle, and when one is used to entertaining negative thoughts and used to that negative energy in thier personal environment, it can feel just like your own self.

When it is neg related, these thoughts can be accompanied by a sense of an attempt of emotional exaggeration and manipulation which can be quite persistant. That's why, imho, it's so important to develop a sense of your surroundings, to be able to know when there is an intrusion. Even if you can't see them, you can still feel them. In my experience, the room looks darker, smaller, the environment feels close, there's just a certain vibe I feel. Plus, when I'm at home, my cat gets spooky and sometimes meows these long forelorn meows, lol.

If you have third eye abilities, try to see your environment, you might spot something too. My third eye is inconsistant, but sometimes it's lot stronger when under attack for some reason. One time I actually saw one in a spidery insect form. Other times, if what I saw was real, I couldn't make out any detail, just kind of a vague form. This is not to say that all attacks will occur with a neg being in your space, some, I think, can be done remotely - in this scenario, knowing yourself might be the most useful tool of discernment?

As I say, there are many reasons one can experience negative thoughts, some are just a part of being human; being connected to others, sensing something in the psychic environment, our own negative side coming out in the form of doubts, fears, judgements, etc. That's where the knowing yourself comes in. The better you know yourself, the easier it is to tell what is you just being poopy, what is you being manipulated. It's all about discernment.

Again, it's very important, imo, to pay attention to what you are sensing in your self and your environment when they occur. Are you feeling an intensely negative emotion pop up suddenly too? What does your space feel like? Is it easy to switch gears and sweep it away or does the thought/emotion seem persistant? Do you feel a sudden energy drain (like within minutes from fine to super tired)?

This is only what I have learned so far and does not cover the entire spectrum of neg attacks. Hope this helps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Murraya
    Aren't we also connected to the earth memory ? You could read the past events that is still alive in the air?
    (i do it in dreams)
    When i hear bad and uncommun things i just don't listen, turn away and immediately think it is the good and the evil that sleeps inside of us all, i just don't want to follow evil.
    I think we are connected to A LOT, and can sense things from quite a few sources.

Negs don't always say bad things. I had an experience with some 'trickster' negs a while back. They would try to gain my confidence by telling me stuff that was accurate and/or good as well as tell me things I wanted to believe was true. They actually liked to try to pose as my higher self.

In dealing with my particular situation, I had to really look at what I judged as good and evil. What can seemingly sound 'good', if you look a little deeper, sometimes is nothing of the sort.

Something that I think is a vital skill is learning to discern the source of what you hear and learning to discern any hidden or underlying intent. The content of what you hear isn't always the best way to tell if it's coming from a source with your highest good in mind.

A Primer on Negs: How to Recognize a Negative Entity

G'day!

When a significant neg interferes with or attacks persons, their minds become polluted, with bad thoughts and fantasies arising in the mind.

This can happen to anyone from time to time and this does not mean that people are under attack.

The deciding factor here is the amount of pressure involved, if the bad thoughts cannot be easily silenced, and if they reach obsessive levels, or interfere with sleep etc.

A naturally occurring random bad thought can be pushed away without too much trouble, and the decision made that one does not wish to think about that. If this does not work, one should immediately be alerted and watch for other symptoms.

Tip: it is a big, big help to mentally state "I choose not to think about that!" "I choose to sleep, or to think about (subject of choice), etc." This should be repeated with feeling every time disturbing thoughts arise. This statement of choice helps on the subconscious level as an affirmation, and also encourages the higher self to engage and help healing any related problems.

Just the process of observing such negative thoughts and trying to see where they come from can be enough to silence them.

RB.