Thread: A question about shielding

Akashic_Librarian Guest

A question about shielding

Note: The original post by Alex was deleted, but was copied and preserved in the topic entitled "Shielding" which is Stickied. These are the comments surrounding the original topic.
    -Admin

viewtopic.php?t=2479&highlight=

I am reffering to psychic shields that can be used to repel Negs and such....

I have heard they are very useful, especially to Empaths and Telepaths and healers (all the skils i wish to learn over time) and i was wondering if anyone has any experience in using these. Also any technques on how to create/program/use them would be great.
    _~#~_

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    Well. I adapted your cocoon idea to basically a golden egg because i have very little time to meditate (school work and what-not) and i found the cocoon idea took too much concentration to visualize but the egg was easier. Yes i have noticed something. People seem to be alot nicer to me and thgey stop second guessing me all the time. (MAN HOW DID I COPE WITHOUT A SHIELD ), i also wanna make the kinda shield that makes them "NOT" see you. But i am gonna get good at a basic shield first. Once again thanks for the advice.

Re: A question about shielding

Quote Originally Posted by Akashic_Librarian
    I am reffering to psychic shields that can be used to repel Negs and such....
    There is another approach where the intent is to block encroachments as they occur. This requires other abilities involving extending ones area of awareness outwards in order to better sense an encroachment and then respond by blocking it and maybe doing a little follow up. There are pros and cons, the shield idea is probably easier to implement when a beginner but it is also energy demanding in that the goal is for it to be active all the time. It can also result in a person being somewhat insulated from their immediate and beyond environment but for some that is a preference. The awareness led method does require keeping up a degree of attention which at first can be fairly mentally demanding, with experience it becomes more automatic just like ones skin will sense a touch so something on ones extended periphery is also noted. Being distracted such as having a drink or two can compromise it but the same can also be true for a wrap around shield.

As ones awareness connects more and more to the more general consciousness layers so this method gets better and better across a broad spectrum of experience not just defence.
    Mick

Tempestinateapot Guest
    Whenever I feel attacked, I take back my own power. I also use this affirmation everytime I meditate or astral travel. Here is what I say (in my head)..."I AM THE ONLY AUTHORITY IN MY LIFE, I surround myself with protective white light. NO ONE except the I AM (or whatever term you personally use for God, if you believe in a form of God), my HIGHER SELF (the part of you that remembers your connection to God, and that you are one with God), and my Spiritual Guides who have only my highest purpose in mind are allowed in my aura." Then, I imagine blasting anything dark or negative in or around me out of my aura or personal space. Then, I imagine white light streaming in through my physical body and energy bodies.

Doing these things, even if it feels false, needs to be done persistently. You are re-wiring your brain towards taking back your own power, and it takes time. Stay with it! If you feel yourself giving in to the negs, tell yourself it's ok, you are ultimately going to be fine. Persist, persist, persist...especially when it feels hopeless.

This is the basic shielding that I do. The rest of the time, I believe that I am protected, and that seems to suffice. I am an empath, especially around anxious people. In that case, I have to use imaginary steel walls between us. Almost always after doing this, the anxious feelings that I have picked up go away.

rave_master_naruto Guest
    hey you said that is requires energy to maintain the shield. Are there any ways not to use our own energy to maintain the shield? .....

Quote Originally Posted by rave_master_naruto
    hey you said that is requires energy to maintain the shield. Are there any ways not to use our own energy to maintain the shield? .....
    Absolutely. For shields requiring energy, the energy can be sourced from others (with cooperation or coercing).

Some types of shields do not require additional energy, this topic is well covered in:
    Astral Dynamics Forum Index -> Psychic Self Defense Forum -> Shielding
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Aoup Guest
    I have made many of shields and have been doing it since i was born. My dad was kind enough to teach me how to protect myself whenever i try to do anything. I have pretty much always used alex's ways of doing it and i find that when doing the visualisation whatever the cacoon is made up of (such as one time i used dirt) can also effect the way the shields work....try it if you get a chance you can never have to many shields.