Thread: Diffculties with raising energy/body awareness in the arms

QusryBey Guest

Diffculties with raising energy/body awareness in the arms

Hi all. First post here. I've already read Energy Work in its entirely so now I've gone back to practice all of the exercises. I faired well with all of the preliminary stages except for the energy ball exercise for the arms - a flicking from fingers to shoulders. In the book it says that one should feel this energy or body awareness at each stage, meaning as it moves from each stage, from the fingers up to the shoulders and downwards back again. This is difficult for me, I have a hard enough time as it is creating a body awareness at my shoulders, so feeling this energy coursing through my arm's interior as it moves from A to B is practically unheard of for me. Is there anything I am doing wrong here? Are you all actually able to feel this wave of energy move throughout your body or can you just flick around your body awareness? Flicking the awareness - or the energy bounce - isn't difficult for me, but what is, is feeling this energy cruising in my body. Sure the sweeping effect has some outcome, but I feel dismal without being able to feel this energy move throughout my body without any tricks. I appreciate your reading this and look forward to the responses it elicits. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Re: Diffculties with raising energy/body awareness in the arms

Quote Originally Posted by QusryBey
    Are you all actually able to feel this wave of energy move throughout your body or can you just flick around your body awareness? Flicking the awareness - or the energy bounce - isn't difficult for me, but what is, is feeling this energy cruising in my body.
    What do you mean by "flicking"? Switching the awareness from point to point?

Quote Originally Posted by QusryBey
    Sure the sweeping effect has some outcome, but I feel dismal without being able to feel this energy move throughout my body without any tricks. I appreciate your reading this and look forward to the responses it elicits. Thanks!
    When a part of your body is - for any reason - blocked up, sensations are severely reduced. This does not mean energy does not run when you do an exercise, but it requires a certain trust in that the energy exercise will work still. Since you have seen energy work at work in other body parts, I'd say it should be easy enough for you to trust the exercise.

As the exercise reestablishes, bit by bit, energy flow in the limb, sensations will return, on and off, and then finally more stable. Feeling inside the arm is a result of persistent practice and will happen, practically inevitably, if you carefully and gently practice. Stay aware of subtle sensations, as the energy flow may be weak at first. A slight feeling of growing warmth or cold, a shiver of electricity, a feeling of air or wind can indicate the start of energy flow.

First of all, relax. It will happen. Trust the exercise, do the "trick", and over time you will no longer need "tricks".

Take good care,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Diffculties with raising energy/body awareness in the arms

One thing to point out: The energy body bounce is not designed to produce strong sensation- that's why you start slow and then pick up speed. At the point you're bouncing with some level of speed you should already should have gotten feedback when you were doing it slowly. So at this point it's about training your awareness to course through the area (that is inside the limb involved). If you don't think you're getting enough feedback (and that is subjective) slow it down 'til you do, then go fast again.
    Once again, the bounce isn't supposed to feel as strongly as regular energy moving, which is how it starts out.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.