Thread: Energy work while icing: just don't do it

ejr23116 Guest

Energy work while icing: just don't do it

I have chronic tendonitis in each elbow. This could in fact be caused by energy blockages, I don't really know. But back when I was working out frequently I just figured it was due to overuse. Anyway, my elbows were sore Saturday night so I decided to ice them down for 20 minutes like I have done many times before. However, this time I decided to run an energy loop through my arms for a few minutes while icing...bad idea.

I got frostbite! I couldn't believe it. It was like my elbow was frozen to the core. I guess energy work really does increase the efficiency of other modalities.

Blog Entries

Re: Energy work while icing: just don't do it

I've found that energy work is very helpful for tendonitis and related things. I've got elbow trouble and my wrists and one shoulder sometimes give me problems, but circulating energy around these trouble spots does a great deal of good. I haven't had a flare up in the elbow for ages now, and when I feel the wrist start to go, I just do energy work on it and it settles down again.

I've had less success with other kinds of pain, but for anything that involves actual inflammation, energy work is certainly helpful, sometimes immediately so.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

ejr23116 Guest

How about in healing burns? Do you think energy work will help a burn heal faster? I have several burns on my elbow from the frostbite, one is borderline 2nd degree.

Blog Entries

You may as well give it a try. It can't hurt. But do take care to keep the burns properly dressed and so forth (just common sense ).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

The trouble with energy work is that it is so good for controlling pain and discomfort. This is also why it is advised not to fall asleep on a heating pad. Next time put more insulation between the ice and your elbows. Wrap your icepacks in towels, for example.

Caelrie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejr23116
    How about in healing burns? Do you think energy work will help a burn heal faster? I have several burns on my elbow from the frostbite, one is borderline 2nd degree.
    I can use energy work to make injuries like this heal faster even in others, not just myself. I've noticed that an injury tends to make people pull their energy away from the site, route it around instead of through. Energy work (Scientology has a wonderful touch assist for this) on the area in question, redirecting the energy pathways back through the injury instead of around it will lessen pain, chance of infection and increase healing speed rather dramatically.