Thread: A white dog

Shannanigans Guest

A white dog

I was reading over my dream journal today and I noticed that I have been having several reoccurring dreams about a white dog. The most recent one was a few days ago.

The dog is always white, but not always the same size. In my dreams it always belongs to someone else. In all of the dreams it is usually just there not doing much, but in this most recent one, it was playing and then tried to bite me.

Anyone have any insight?

Alaskans Guest

Re: A white dog

Different animals have different personality trends, so animals end up representing these traits in dreams.

"Dog
    To see a dog in your dream, indicate a skill that you have ignored or forgotten, but needs to be activated. Alternatively, dogs may symbolize intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. Your own values and intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and succeed. If the dog is vicious and/or growling, then it signifies some inner conflict within yourself. It may indicate betrayal and untrustworthiness.�If the dog is dead or dying, then it indicates a loss of a good friend. Alternatively, it represents a deterioration of your instincts. Also consider common notions associated with the word dog, such as loyalty ("man's best friend") and to be "treated like a dog".

To see a happily barking dog in your dream, symbolizes pleasures and much social activity. If the dog is barking ferociously, then it represents your habit of unnecessary barking at people and the situations around you. It could also mean unfriendly companions. To dream that a dog bites your on the leg, suggests that you have lost your ability to balance aspects of your life. You may be hesitant in approaching a new situation or have no desire to move forward with your goals.

To dream that you are buying a dog, indicates your tendency to buy your friends or buy compliments/favors. Alternatively, it suggest a need for you to find companionship."

"White
    White represents purity, perfection, peace, innocence, dignity, cleanliness, awareness, and new beginnings. You may be experiencing a reawakening or have a fresh outlook on life. However, in Eastern cultures, white is associated with death and mourning."

White dog is all the best aspects of dogs.
    I think that it doesnt do much and that it is always someone elses means you are distanced from what the dog represents.

I had a white cat offer me a white mouse. I interpreted it as offering me help in resolving an ego problem I was struggling with.

I wish I could help more.