Thread: Your stance

QusryBey Guest

Your stance

I'm just wondering what position you guys put your body in when doing energy raising work. I don't have much success when I sit in full or half lotus or even indian style with my back straight, also can't do it well while lying down as it makes me fall asleep. I do it sitting in an armchair, with my back leaned up against the back of the chair as straight as possible. Is there some sort of progression I need to work to, like to be able to do this work in full-lotus or whatnot? thanks!

Blog Entries

Re: Your stance

All the lotus positions are usually unnecessary. They come from cultures that are used to sitting on the ground, kneel or similar things. Straight-back chairs can be nice, everything that keeps your spine reasonably straight is usually good. The rest isn't really important IMO.

Oliver

Blog Entries

I just do whatever. Sitting up in a chair (which is usually how I meditate), lying down, just whatever, really. So long as the spine is relatively straight, it's fine.

Even if I wanted to sit lotus (or half lotus) style, I can't. Bad knees and fat thighs, deadly combination for that sort of thing.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I usually do it on a recliner or chair. Just more comfortable, as I have the same problem with fat thighs OW has. In my case it's fat thighs, bad back so the half or full lotus are out.
    If you are concerned with the input of earth energy, remember that the feet are inbound energy conduits. So 'suck it up from there'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The key is to be comfortable. Generally positions where the spine is straight(er) avoid putting pressure on the internal organs and spinal cord making moving and using the energy easier (does not affect energy raising that much). I often raise energy when laying (various), sitting (chair style), or standing. Its also very possible to do it while walking or lounging. Also an environment that is minimizes contact with your body helps in that it avoids inadvertent energy drains (beds and chairs are usually not a problem).
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

star Guest

When you get comfortable with energy work you can also mold your enviroment. Feel out your meditatve space and change it to suit you energeticly. Removing gunk from the atmosphere and add in energy structures of your own or programs or whatnot.