Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cat

Fish Guest

Cat

Another dream.. this time my cat was attacking my foot and I couldn't get him off! He tore me up. Not sure if I chased him off or not before I woke up!

My cat is white with tan blotches, right foot is the one he had his fangs into.

Here's the dictionary entry: (I was wondering what y'all thought about these as well)

To dream of a cat, denotes ill luck, if you do not succeed in killing it or driving it from your sight. If the cat attacks you, you will have enemies who will go to any extreme to blacken your reputation and to cause you loss of property. But if you succeed in banishing it, you will overcome great obstacles and rise in fortune and fame. If you meet a thin, mean and dirty-looking cat, you will have bad news from the absent. Some friend lies at death's door; but if you chase it out of sight, your friend will recover after a long and lingering sickness. To hear the scream or the mewing of a cat, some false friend is using all the words and work at his command to do you harm. To dream that a cat scratches you, an enemy will succeed in wrenching from you the profits of a deal that you have spent many days making. If a young woman dreams that she is holding a cat, or kitten, she will be influenced into some impropriety through the treachery of others. To dream of a clean white cat, denotes entanglements which, while seemingly harmless, will prove a source of sorrow and loss of wealth. When a merchant dreams of a cat, he should put his best energies to work, as his competitors are about to succeed in demolishing his standard of dealing, and he will be forced to other measures if he undersells others and still succeeds. To dream of seeing a cat and snake on friendly terms signifies the beginning of an angry struggle. It denotes that an enemy is being entertained by you with the intention of using him to find out some secret which you believe concerns yourself; uneasy of his confidences given, you will endeavor to disclaim all knowledge of his actions, as you are fearful that things divulged, concerning your private life, may become public.

Insights? Thanx

Mystikal Guest

Re: Cat

I think that dictionary entry was written by someone who doesn't like cats. >.>

Anyway, given that it was specifically your cat in the dream, I wouldn't be too fast to attribute it meaning ascribed to some hypothetical generic cat.

Blog Entries

I've dreamed of my cat plenty of times and I can tell you for sure that it doesn't symbolise anything like what that dream dictionary says. I absolutely adore my cat, and if she were to attack my foot in a dream, I would have to assume it meant that, perhaps, something I love was coming back to "bite me" (like some hobby or interest or habit, maybe).

Point being, dream symbols are quite personal. I don't put much stock in books that claim to know what my (or anyone else's) dream symbols mean. Dreams are far too intimate and personal to be summed up by some random stranger in a book.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Fish Guest

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense.

Blog Entries

I have something to comment- this btw is history and in any decent book about the history of cats.
    Throughout ancient history, cats were thought to be connected to the spiritual world. In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods (we all know ancient egyptian bast and bastet, for example) and in the post christian era, cats were favorites of Mohammed, who declared cats were sacred and it was prohibited to harm any cat.
    So, in the premedieval times, as muslims thought highly of cats, the catholic church declared the cat as 'of the devil' and demonized them, making them sexual consorts of witches and everything was blamed on them. Even in modern times there are some 'neoconservative christian' websites which will attempt to justify the cat slaughter that contributed to the bubonic plague with bad science and still want to blame it on cats.
    [rant]So chances are that the source in which you found that horrible interpretation on what cats signify was written by someone who has some religious disposition towards the demonization of cats- frankly, I wouldn't trust anything from a dream dictionary that has that for an entry.
    [/rant].
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

6. Re: Cat

thats from dreammoods.com which i think is the most accurate

Cat
    To see a cat in your dream, signifies much misfortune, treachery, and bad luck. However, for the cat lover, cats signifies an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity, and power. If the cat is aggressive, then it suggests that you are having problems with the feminine aspect of yourself. If a cat is biting you, then it symbolizes the devouring female. Perhaps you are taking and taking without giving. You may be expressing some fear or frustration especially when something is not going as planned. If you see a cat with no tail, then it signifies a lost of independence and lack of autonomy.

To dream that you chase the cat away, signifies that you will overcome your obstacles.

To see a white cat in your dream, denotes that you are going through difficult times.If you see a black cat in your dream, then it indicates that you are experiencing some fear in using your psychic abilities and believing in your intuition. You may erroneously associate the black cat with evil, destruction, and bad luck.

Blog Entries

That makes so much more sense, since the cat is associated with the feminine, and in some circles the unconscious is seen as feminine.

Fish Guest

Thanks for the input!

I dreamed of my cat last night again, maybe I projected with him, I'm not too sure but it was a quick short thing and he was walking on a path in front of me, he stopped and turned around and looked at me like, "aren't you coming?" then that was it.

Blog Entries

This could very well be it. I find (and this is from my own limited experience, so don't take it as if I knew what I'm talking about) that cats are very experienced at AP and are much more familiar with the environment. I have projected with my cat once before and she took me to a place or state I had never been before and I'm 99% sure that she was showing me what she sees. In this instance she was my guide. So I wouldn't be that surprised (unless this is the first alarming stage of my becoming the crazy cat lady, lol) if you are finding you that your cat knows where you're supposed to 'go' next and is not-so gently nudging you in the right direction. As any cat owner knows, they're sweet, but have their own ideas of what affection is.

al.luciddreamer Guest

I have a feral cat that I took in as a kitten. She, also, appeared prominently in my dreams last night! But she kind of blended with the cat I grew up with, from 1963 to 1985 (A VERY OLD CAT!). See my dream at the following web address and perhaps there is some connection --
    http://www.dreamjournal.net/index.cf...ream_id=117545