Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Ghosts Seen Wearing Clothes?

Re: Why Are Ghosts Seen Wearing Clothes?

Why do ghosts wear clothes when they don't need them?

Why do humans consume things that aren't good for them, like massive amounts of chocolate especially if they don't need it? Why do humans turn to drugs or abuse alcohol if their bodies don't need them to live?

Because emotions have their own logic and need in spite of what "intellectual" logic says.

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Why do ghosts wear clothes when they don't need them?
    why do humans wear clothes that they don't need?

3. Re: Why Are Ghosts Seen Wearing Clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    why do humans wear clothes that they don't need?
    To hide my ugliness from the world!! HA!

why do humans wear clothes that they don't need? sleeper
    And there is my chuckle for today...thank you.

GhostMan Guest
    It is plausible that the energy from the apparition is a residue from the transition to the spiritual world like an 'echo'. One example that seems to relate to Ghosts appearing in clothing is similar to the transformation of water crystals. Scientist Dr. Masaru Emoto photographed the transformation of water crystals when formed from the sound of words. His work in the book 'Messages from Water' was featured in the movie 'What the Bleep Do We Know!?

In theory according to Biologist, author, and investigator Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, his research states that memory resides outside the person's brain. Therefore it could be possible the 'image of ghosts in clothing' is like a visual echo of the mind from the person's soul or morphogenic field.

Does Memory Reside Outside the Brain?
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/science-technology/sheldrake-morphogenic-field-memory-lashley-collective-unconscious-3486.html

http://www.sheldrake.org/homepage.html
    Last edited by GhostMan; 28th June 2011 at 01:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hi Gang,
    Maybe, if they're in the Astral Zone, they are a thought form and thus are seen as remembered or thought about. Just like the thought forms are talked about in the Treatsie ON Astral Projection
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by GhostMan View Post
    It is plausible that the energy from the apparition is a residue from the transition to the spiritual world like an 'echo'. One example that seems to relate to Ghosts appearing in clothing is similar to the transformation of water crystals.
    Yes. This is referred to as a residual haunt (as opposed to an intelligent haunt). Usually the echo is very weak which is why this type of haunt usually is associated with tragedy (which has a high emotional energy to it). The extra energy makes the imprint stronger so less sensitive or untrained people can perceive it.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

yortyort Guest
    This is very weird to have been brought up because I was just thinking of this today! I was thinking about material objects and it brought up a quote like "The less you have in your life, the more you gain in your afterlife", and I wondered why the souls of deceased people would have material objects. Then I thought of this video game I played in which a persons electric field was being played over and over and I had to follow it, so I came to the same conclusion that the ghosts we see could be "recordings".

Some ghosts interact with the people that spot them. Some even manifest telekinetically. So I would not say that all of them are just emotional imprints of the locality or 'recordings' that overlap for some reason in timespace.

We also should see the difference between spirits and ghosts. Ghosts remain earthbound and never moved on, spirits are just 'going down' manifesting here for rare purposes.

As regards the clothing or looks: The same question could be asked of ourselves why do we wear clothes when we dream? Our dream bodies most of the times wear clothes. If they are naked it is interpreted to have some 'special' meaning which makes it the non-default for me (unless we wear unusual clothing which then has also to be interpreted).

So for me it is clear: it is how we see ourselves and want to be seen as humans (of our time), especially when interacting in an environment with other humans, except for private intimate or personal hygiene purposes when we put our clothes off (well, at least usually).

Therefore I believe that it's just the way the soul of the ghost who clings to their old life sees itself and wants to be seen by others. Of course they could take on any other form and shape, but this is the visual they transmit to you because they do so, not consciously perhaps, but many ghosts just go on leading their (old) life, and this a typical image they saw themselves as.

It is also often noted that ghosts look younger than they were when they died (about their mid-20ies to 30ies). This is also another indicator of our own preference. When I was in the astral and paid attention to my appearance I also noted that I am slightly younger than I am now (also in dreams when I spottet myself in a mirror or even could see myself from a remote postion as 'neutral' observer).
    This collector of useless clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Volgerle
    As regards the clothing or looks: The same question could be asked of ourselves why do we wear clothes when we dream? Our dream bodies most of the times wear clothes. If they are naked it is interpreted to have some 'special' meaning
    Point well broached.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast