This is something that has been happening to me- I don't know if it even belongs on here but I couldn't find any other spot, so here it is:
Maybe a couple of years ago I was meditating and got into the hypnagogic state- and started seeing the images flash by- but one image was different- it was a few drops of liquid falling into a surface as you would see it from the top from about a 45 degree angle- you see the drop fall, the ripples on the surface extend out and you see about 3 drops, then you focus, and the whole scene goes away. It looks like a "negative" image- the drops and ripples look light (white/pink) and the background looks dark (dark pink, the color of your eyelids). Even though the colouring is not realistic the look of it is. (It's like watching a movie in sepia-negative.) I have had the same imagery in the hypnagogic state now at least three times this year that I remember. It is always the same which is why I'm wondering if it's something physical going on in my optic nerve or eyeballs. So, is this something that happens to others?