Thread: Now What In The World Was THAT About...

Psi Guest

Now What In The World Was THAT About...

I don't have much time to post today and haven't been an active member of the community since before the split away from Astral Pulse but hopefully someone out there has better skill at interpreting a dream than me...

I've been out of my old home for almost 2 years now and my family moved out of the house the dream occurs in. I still remember it well because I lived there for almost 8 years. The dream itself involves myself and my father and a young male around age 20-25 that I didn't recognize.

My father and I are talking in his bedroom down a short hallway from the front door. The dream began at the end of the conversation so I've no clue what it was. I hear a noise down the hallway and gain the mental impression that we have a thief in the house. I start down the hallway, my father behind me, and come up to the front door. The door is wide open and just a little to the right is a coat closet. I see someone wearing a lavender polo shirt and jeans walk into the closet right as I round the corner. My father doesn't see this at all regardless of my calling it out and continues into our living room at the back of the house.

I flip a small switch as I step into the closet and come face to face with a young male I've never seen before hiding there. I don't recall sharing words with him right away but I reach above him and pull down a large flathead screwdriver and press it to his throat. At this point in time I have the impression that the police are coming. Don't know why. The young man pushes into me trying to get past and I bounce him back into the coat hangers with my left hand, my right keeping the screwdriver trained at his neck. At this point, the impression that I've warned him what will happen if he does it again becomes very strong.

Here's what gets me: This guy has no fear of me whatsoever even though I'm armed and he's not because my impression in the dream is he doubts I would hurt him. The other thing is while this guy is here to steal from me, he has no other truly nasty characteristics. He hadn't tried to hurt anyone, simply steal.

The young man tries to push past me again and in one swift motion, followed by an audible pop, I bury the screwdriver into his neck. He has a look of stunned horror on his face at what happens, as if a man armed with a screwdriver stabbing him was at the very BACK of his mind as a possible outcome to the situation.

Any remaining logic takes a sidestep at this point because my father returns to me to tell me the police will be here in moments, while I stand there supporting the young mans entire dead bodyweight with one hand. He is dead, that shocked look on his face remaining. I personally feel no remorse for what has happened but I am very shocked at the outcome.

The dream falls out and comes back with me being upset that the young man is dead, me crying even, but I still don't regret doing it. What makes it even more eerie is the fact that this happened and my dream self feels bad about him being dead, but not the least bit concerned, maybe even happy, about slamming home the screwdriver.

I am not worried about interpretations or what others might think because I very seriously doubt I would ever do anything of this caliber.

Background information: I'm married, been in the Army for 2 years in June, haven't been to combat yet but plan to in the future. I'm an Infantryman. I have no children.

Blog Entries

Re: Now What In The World Was THAT About...

My interpretation would be that all characters are aspects of yourself- your dad is the 'older, more mature' side of you that would tell you to 'get a hold of yourself' and wait for the police (official authority). The part that wants you to think before you act.
    Your present self is the part of you that is always in transition, that can choose from the past or the future to act.
    The burglar (younger male) is the 'immature' part of you- essentially not a bad person but has boundary issues- sort of how teenagers are-certain character traits are not 'settled in' yet.
    I would say that you used the screwdriver to kill the burglar as a symbol of trying to become more mature, the screwdriver is an 'adjustment' tool- so you don't feel guilty about the act of trying to grow up but are subconsciously grieving for the 'youthful carefree' part of yourself you killed. You feel you did it for a reason- but don't worry, that part of you isn't really gone- it just will have to be set aside for the types of activities you will have to be doing. After all, combat is no child's play and you do want to survive.
    Anyway, that would be how I would interpret your dream.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.