Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Watchers.

According to some sources (Biblical and others) "The Watchers" are 'Fallen Angels'.

http://www.infidels.org/library/magazin ... front.html

"The writer of 1 Enoch, for example, called angels "watchers" so often that the first section of this book (chapters 1-36) has been called "The Book of Watchers." This term was used in reference to angels nowhere in the so-called canonical books of the Bible except in Daniel. In relating his dream of the tall tree that reached into heaven, Nebuchadnezzar told Daniel that he had also seen "a watcher and a holy one" come down from heaven and give orders to cut the tree down, chop off its branches, and scatter its leaves and fruit (4:13). This "holy one" concluded his orders to destroy the tree by declaring that his sentence on the fate of the tree had been rendered "by decree of the watchers" and ordered by "the holy ones" (v:17). In his interpretation of the dream, Daniel also referred to the angel as a "holy watcher" (v:23)."

http://www.piney-2.com/Apoc1Watchers.html
    Enoch Book 1: Watchers.

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/stream ... enoch.html
    The Pseudepigraphical Book of Enoch

star Guest
    Hopefully their not a bunch of ONA members that can project, that would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by McArthur
    According to some sources (Biblical and others) "The Watchers" are 'Fallen Angels'.

http://www.infidels.org/library/magazin ... front.html

"The writer of 1 Enoch, for example, called angels "watchers" so often that the first section of this book (chapters 1-36) has been called "The Book of Watchers." This term was used in reference to angels nowhere in the so-called canonical books of the Bible except in Daniel. In relating his dream of the tall tree that reached into heaven, Nebuchadnezzar told Daniel that he had also seen "a watcher and a holy one" come down from heaven and give orders to cut the tree down, chop off its branches, and scatter its leaves and fruit (4:13). This "holy one" concluded his orders to destroy the tree by declaring that his sentence on the fate of the tree had been rendered "by decree of the watchers" and ordered by "the holy ones" (v:17). In his interpretation of the dream, Daniel also referred to the angel as a "holy watcher" (v:23)."

http://www.piney-2.com/Apoc1Watchers.html
    Enoch Book 1: Watchers.

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/stream ... enoch.html
    The Pseudepigraphical Book of Enoch
    This only accounts for a small number of them from what I have seen.

TheAlmightyZenTaco Guest
    What's this ONA?

Ivo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyZenTaco
    What's this ONA?
    Order of The Nine Angles.

Bleah...

TheAlmightyZenTaco Guest
    Hmmm. I was hoping for a little more than just the explanation of the acronymn. What is this Order of the Nine Angels?

From the sound of it, not something good.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read about them. They sound like a pleasant lot.

"Never love something so much you cannot see it die."

Ivo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyZenTaco
    Hmmm. I was hoping for a little more than just the explanation of the acronymn. What is this Order of the Nine Angels?

From the sound of it, not something good.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read about them. They sound like a pleasant lot.

"Never love something so much you cannot see it die."
    Here you go: http://ona.satanicwebsites.com/

All you ever needed to know about them.

Diabolus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan36oy
    Fascinating stuff. ZenTaco, the discription from your first post sounds like a good plot for an awesome book. I agree with Donald, I'd love to hear a story or two from your experiences.
    That's funny you mention that, because that's the sort of thing that I was going for in my novel.

I had the idea there were 5, pretty much looking like TheAlmightyZenTaco's display picture, except without the scythe. I can't see it all too well, so I'm not sure if there's something at their heads, but if there is, I don't mean for that to be in the description. Generally I just put them in black robes where you never see their faces. Basically like Cowled Wizards in games like Baldurs Gate.

That's purely my fictional point for my book. I have absolutely no knowledge of the real watchers, and I'm guessing there's likely to be more than 5 if they're supposed to be watching over the whole universe, and sometimes pinpointing single people, as in TheAlmightyZenTaco's case. The world in my book is very small in comparison to anything, so 5 are actually quite adequate

I won't go into any detail about my novel because of it's complexity, but it's just basically a fantasy novel with LOADS of magic involved. The only problem I got is the motivation to write it. It's in my head, but I just can't get it out onto paper (or doc). The plot is pretty complex and long so far as well. I bet a lot of you would really like it, it's just a shame I cannot write it. I'll probably try to after exams, while I'm in college.

These 'Watchers' seem really interesting though. From what I heard in this post about them though, I don't think I'd want to be encountering them much. But they do take my interest...

TheAlmightyZenTaco Guest
    Well, if you ask me, they aren't very intresting. They go around doing nasty things like shutting off chakras and sticking funny devices in your head.

They are about as intresting as being hit by a train.

EDIT: Actually, from the outside, I can see how they could spark your intrest. But being involved with them on a daily basis is really simply just a drag.

It's sort of like war films. It looks exciting on screen, but see how much fun you are having when bullets are being flung at your head at three hundred miles an hour!

The real experience is simply something different. And it requires alot of endurance to put up with their nonsense.

Diabolus Guest
    That's quite fascinating. What do you mean exactly by devices in your head?

I think this is a bit unreal, but from a few posts back someone said about their 'servants' being the grey alien things. And from a post about what Donald had said, I think he mentioned seeing one of these. The surprising thing was, he said that it woke him up by having it's finger in his head. And that it just kept looking at him, and didn't have a reaction.

This goes exactly with what the previous post mentioned about these. I dunno if I'm looking into this too much, but does anyone else see the connection?

I would really like to know what you mean about the devices though. That sounds pretty horrific actually

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast