Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taking Robert Bruce seriously

Taking Robert Bruce seriously

Sorry, but I only joined to make this post.
    Finally getting the highly acclaimed Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach To Out-of-Body Experience got me expecting a wonderful book. And it was exactly that. Until Chapter 8-Imagination Versus Visualization:Using Your Imagination.

To quote:
    You must feel all these movements as you construct them in your mind's eye. Do not try to see this happening, imagine and feel it happening. If may help if you consider that you are using your projected double's arms and hands to perform these actions.

I will continue to read until the end, but when a book hasn't been proofread, and a typo like that can slip through, even just ONE, it tends to take some of the credibility away from its author.

Blog Entries

Re: Taking Robert Bruce seriously

AD was proofread by the company that published it, Hampton Roads, if I remember correctly. It obviously got through, though. Is this an older publication of the book, or a new one?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    AD was proofread by the company that published it, Hampton Roads, if I remember correctly. It obviously got through, though. Is this an older publication of the book, or a new one?
    It's fairly recent because the inside first page makes mention about Energy Work being released in July 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Linus
    Sorry, but I only joined to make this post.
    Finally getting the highly acclaimed Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach To Out-of-Body Experience got me expecting a wonderful book. And it was exactly that. Until Chapter 8-Imagination Versus Visualization:Using Your Imagination.

To quote:
    You must feel all these movements as you construct them in your mind's eye. Do not try to see this happening, imagine and feel it happening. If may help if you consider that you are using your projected double's arms and hands to perform these actions.

I will continue to read until the end, but when a book hasn't been proofread, and a typo like that can slip through, even just ONE, it tends to take some of the credibility away from its author.
    The only problem I see is the "If may help" in the second sentence rather than "It may help". The use of feel, imagine, and then feel are correct. Anyway, nice of you to go so far out of your way to miss the point being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Anyway, nice of you to go so far out of your way to miss the point being made.
    Ironic. I understood what RB was saying, but unlike CFTraveler I think YOU missed what >I< was saying.

Finally getting the highly acclaimed Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach To Out-of-Body Experience got me expecting a wonderful book. And it was exactly that.

So clarify it for me.

*AHEM*

Finally getting the highly acclaimed Astral Dynamics: A NEW Approach To Out-of-Body Experience got me expecting a wonderful book. And it was exactly that.

sleeper Guest

Ben, are you going through a tough time in your life?

What I mean by "clarify" is that you should express the same idea in a different way, and possibly simplify it down to the core message. This assumes that your goal is actually to communicate.

Blog Entries

I hate poor editing probably more than most people, and I'm extremely pedantic when it comes to published writings (I've been known to write to magazines and newspapers to correct them when they use obviously wrong words, for example, like mixing up "infer" and "imply" or "flout" and "flaunt"), and misplaced apostrophes drive me nuts, BUT poor editing is just an annoyance, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the book or article is complete rubbish. Unless the grammar/language use is consistently poor and is carried throughout the book, I simply assume that, being human, someone, somewhere, just made a minor mistake. These things happen.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.