Thread: BWGen

soulseeker Guest

BWGen

I was having problems installing the brain wave generator and was hoping that someone would be able to help me. The problem is that during installation it asks you to test each earphone to see if you can hear the signal being played only in one single ear. When I test the left earphone I can hearing the continuous ringing very clearly. When I take the earphone off my ear I can still hear the ringing (very barely mind you) in my right ear. The installation wizard tells you to make sure that this does not happen, but I am unsure of how to go about correcting the problem. I am very weary of using BWGen presets, because I am afraid of "messing up" my brain. So, I want to make sure that I am using it correctly. Also, what are the special effects that it asks you to deselect (such as 3D sound, etc. I can find these no where on my sound and audio devices menu. Thanks in advance.

BriMercer Guest

Re: BWGen

Sound cards have various special effects (e.g., echo effects) that can allow signals from the left and right channel to bleed into their opposite channel. Consult the software Help file in your sound card software (usually accessible from the Control Panel; if nothing else, double-click the "Sound" icon).

Failing this, you might want to set your sound source as "earphones." That should do the trick, if the above didn't fix the problem.

If you've done this and still experience the problem, it may be that your sound card just allows a little bleed over and there's nothing you can do about it. I had an old computer that had this problem. I should add, it didn't impead the effectiveness of the BWGen signals. You should be good to go, despite the cross-over.

The experts on the BW Gen software can be found at http://www.bwgen.com.

I hope that helps!

Brian

soulseeker Guest

It helped a lot, thank you for the reply. I will see what I can do to fix the problem, but if you think that all is well if I can't fix it then I will try the BWGen and see what happens. I'm just a little concerned with effecting my brainwaves, but I am open to anything and am doing the whole 90 day program as sort of an experiment for myself (during the summer, when I have few distractions). I am not a complete believer of OBE nor am I a skeptic. I am trying to do this with an open mind to see what experiences i can get. I have posted several questions already and am very pleased of how helpful everyone is here on these forums. Thanks so much.

Blog Entries

Hi soulseeker. The way the BWGen works is by listening to two different sounds and letting your brain create a third tone that you entrain to. It is the same as listening to music and entraining (that is, matching the beat to) the sounds as you listen. The only effect it can have on your brain is that it will take you to the specific frequencies for deep relaxation, and nothing more, unless you are epileptic. If you are epileptic there are some frequencies you shouldn't be exposed to, by hearing or even visually (as in no strobes, for example.)
    So even if you have a defective computer or sound card that doesn't separate the tones properly, the worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work at all, and doesn't relax you.
    But listening to sound, which is what our ears are made for, will cause no permanent change at all.
    The change is in your awareness- if it works and you get to that level of relaxation without falling asleep, you learn how it feels to be that relaxed while not asleep, and you can then reach the same without the sound help.
    But there is nothing in these tones that can do anything, since there are no subliminals or hypnotic suggestions in the presets themselves.
    I am not a complete believer of OBE nor am I a skeptic
    That is the best attitude- believe only in what you experience.
    Cheers, CF.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

al.luciddreamer Guest

I've been trying to find out for a long time now, and no one seems to know, if there is a BWGen program for the Mac ... or something that is its equivalent. If there isn't, is there a place we can buy mp3s that can run in loops on an iPod? I actually would prefer the latter, to be perfectly honest, because I don't have time to learn a new program.

Blog Entries

No, as far as I know there are no Mac BWGen programs, but there is a way to run them on a Mac with a 'Virtual PC' program:
    viewtopic.php?t=3675
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.