Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Why can't I love?

Re: Why can't I love?

"how to expand your love' by the 14th Dalai Lama (that's the current dalai lama) was a very useful book for me in a time of my life when i felt a bit incapable of love. it has alot of really good meditations and explains how most people day to day definition of love is very superficial and selfish for example you love somone because they are nice to you, they are pleasant presances for you to be around, you gain joy by being around them. while on the other hand you hate somone who makes you feel bad, or doesn't help you, or doesn't make you feel good. it is selfish to base love around what people do for you. you should love everyone equally, from your mother, to the president, to your best friend, to fidel castro. god is love-love is god!
    Toward The One, The Perfection Of Love, Harmony, And Beauty
    The Only Being, United With All The Illuminated Souls
    Who Form The Embodiment Of The Master
    The Spirit of Guidance

2. Re: Why can't I love?

Look at it differently: you have not been betrayed by LOVE. Your LOVE has always been pure and genuine - you haven't lost anything. It's the person who had betrayed you lost something. Love is (supposed to be) an altruistic feeling and is (supposed to be) directed to another person regardless of what you get back from it. I know that now it's gone, but wasn't it beautiful for YOU, when you felt it?

Again, you haven't been betrayed by LOVE

Blog Entries

Re: Why can't I love?

Quote Originally Posted by embrace View Post
    It's the person who had betrayed you lost something.
    Then there's another step into "overview", which is that it's only your definitions and beliefs that make whatever that person did a "betrayal". In other words, it's contextual. Remove the context, no more betrayal.

Betrayal is based in the idea of having rules and expectations about how someone else is supposed to act. When and if they don't act that way, it may be interpreted as anything from mildly annoying through the deepest of betrayals. Remove the idea that there are rules that someone else has to follow and you remove most of that.

I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't have expectations for relationships, by the way. I'm just looking at it from a somewhat more meta perspective. "Betrayal" is very much in the context of beliefs. Loosen those beliefs, ease those expectations, betrayal is not so much of an issue....

This is, of course, true of everything, not just relationships.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4