Visualization is a powerful technique. "Seeing" and "perception" both create a large amount of energy, which ultimately fuels how your reality exists around you. "Seeing" in the minds eye can be just as powerful, but the difference is that it can be powered using consciousness rather than being based in the unconsciousness (where most of the sensory perception details for the outer reality are stored).

This is a practical method to achieve changes in your life, and alterations to your personality. I wrote an article on this on the old forums a while ago but I decided to write this one from scratch. Since, I have discovered that visualization is more than just a technique to be used for these purposes.

In fact, I believe I have found a direct link between "inner knowing/intuition" and visualization, as well as other things. I can not fit all of the features of this technique but I will cover the basics in this thread.

The 33-day method is a technique I have developed to create change. I do not believe a more thorough definition at this time is required, as it would complicate things.
For this method two things are required:
1) A calendar of any sort
2) A few minutes of your time at least a few times a month

To begin
Make sure you do this today: Sit down and close your eyes. Imagine what you would like to change. It is a good idea to start with something about yourself. See yourself as you would ideally be, what you would consider to be perfect. Focus on "details". All you have to do is imagine and continue imagining for around 5 minutes. You should remember your visualization, but if you do not it might be useful to write it down.

Next: Mark 33 days after this day on your calendar.
Day 2: Repeat the exercise focusing on the same one thing or "area" of things you would like to change.
Do the same in Day 3 Day 5 Day 8 Day 13 and Day 21.

You can do it according to this timetable or as little or as often as you want. The amount of time spent equates to the effectiveness of the output. If required mark when you would like to practice on your calendar. On day 33 retrospect to 33 days ago and how you felt before you started the visualization and the changes that you visualized. Notice the results.

You can continue for longer, or expand the scope, or change to something completely different from now. Based on your experiences this model, do whatever works right for you. The model is completely mutable.

I will post two more sections below this detailing how to increase visualization strength and potency if there exists an interest.

Sasha

Edit: The full article (longer and more extensive) is now available it its latest version from my website for anyone interested:
http://www.psitraining.org/ar-imagination.php