Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Suggestions please..

Re: Suggestions please..

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto. It's about the effect thoughts have on water and therefore the body. It's not preachy, not quite spiritual. But the book is a step in the right direction, especially for those who need to start looking at what what we create for ourselves. Lots of pictures. Beautiful book.
    i was looking at that very book yesterday funnily enough Mishell.
    Beautiful, indeed... that night be a great place to start.. cheers.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

If we're going that way (and I don't know that depressed people read when they're going through a tough period- in my experience you read when you're feeling better) I would suggest the movie "What The Bleep" (the first one)- the reason is that it's interesting (and 'science fictiony' enough) and if he's going through a passive cycle this may just peak his interest in this type of thing.
    I was going to suggest "Discover the Power Within You" (I think by Eric Butterworth) but I can't remember if it's preachy or not. I'll have to find it and skim over it again, as it is a New Thought publication.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

cheers,i'll have a look at all of these.

Blog Entries

Oh, yes, What the Bleep is VERY entertaining, and not at all threatening. What a good suggestion!
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

my friend has a copy...excellent...

johnbrent Guest

Aren't there some groups for depressed or something???
    I have been depressed long ago and got AA to help me with my stuff

yeah.
    he's been to counciling.
    the problem this time wasn't so much that he was depressed.that's what started this cycle off.now he just doesn't look after himself.
    he's stuck in this "victim" role he's created for himself..i just want him to see that for himself.
    anyhoo,things have stablised a bit in the past week or so..
    sending some reading material his way this week...

Blog Entries

There are various groups for depressed people that are available in your community. Get your local paper, and in the 'community' section there should be a series of listings for different things. Look for "Support" groups or a similar theme, and you will find a variety of organizations. There is one called DANAS (I think they're national) which stands for 'depression awareness network etc.'- if not, there should be something similar.

he's stuck in this "victim" role he's created for himself..i just want him to see that for himself.
    Neil, if depression is what started this cycle, then it's not as simple as 'looking after himself'. This is how you start, and go on from there. I do believe that someone to talk to is helpful, and friends can push you in the right direction, provided you're ready for that. To realize things about your personality (and you're describing codependency, something I'm intimately familiar with) and to do something about them are two different things, and depression keeps you from the action part of the thing.

So I do recommend a support group for the depression and a condependency (CODA or some similar group) group for when you've emerged from the depression part of it.
    The thing is that, even though depression can be biochemical, it can also be a defense mechanism against some other problem (maladaptive mechanism, obviously) and if it has become biochemical then you need professional help. But for milder depression, and if Neil is right about codependency, there are things you can do to move away from the debilitating paralysis of depression towards wholeness.
    Peace and good luck.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.