Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

Mike Dooley Guest

Is it just me...

Is it just me or do other people at times get burnt and take breaks from their studies?

Blog Entries

Re: Is it just me...

It depends on what their studies are, I suppose. But yes, focusing on only one thing for the longest time will eventually make you sick of it, no matter how much you like it.
    I'm sure some sage somewhere said something clever about this.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I'm sure some sage somewhere said something clever about this.
    Yeah, I know. It sounds funny, but this is one of those times, when somebody needs to say something wise. I have taken a break from astral projection work, but I keep myself busy by listening to audio books from Dr. Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra. I got one from the library for tonight called "Quantum Physics for Quantum Healing." It is a dialogue between Deepak Chopra and Amit Goswami. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Blog Entries

I know that there can be hard or disappointing times, but I never stopped. Mostly habit and momentum. I cannot say I ever got "burned", though.

Looking back, almost every time I had these phases where I thought nothing was progressing there was an insight that made new sense of it. The rules of the game changed and I needed to adapt.

For example, a year ago I had no idea why I suddenly would have wild mood swings, spontaneous anger, laughter, feelings of disassociation or sadness. It took me a while to connect this with my meditation and realise that I was tapping into old feelings. It required better grounding. After adapting to that not only my blues was gone, everything went to a new level, too.

Kamalashila writes that sometimes people ignore the things that come up during meditation, and look the other way, and try harder to "meditate". This leads to more rigidity, to the point where meditating as a practice becomes unhelpful and unfulfilling. He thinks it would be more aptly described as going through the motions. Rigidity is a special problem in anybody's practice, as it cannot be overcome by perserverance (which is part of the problem), but only by opening up to the new, IMO.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

My drive and interest in pretty much everything waxes and wanes. When I start to lose interest in something, I don't push it, I just find something else to do for a while. Eventually I come back to the things I love and the things I need.

As far as spiritual work and progress, I've had long periods of "rest" where I didn't do a great deal. A sort of plateau, if you will. Things slow down or speed up and I just go with them when they do. I think there's no point in forcing the issue. When it's time, it'll come back and sweep you away with it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    My drive and interest in pretty much everything waxes and wanes. When I start to lose interest in something, I don't push it, I just find something else to do for a while. Eventually I come back to the things I love and the things I need.

As far as spiritual work and progress, I've had long periods of "rest" where I didn't do a great deal. A sort of plateau, if you will. Things slow down or speed up and I just go with them when they do. I think there's no point in forcing the issue. When it's time, it'll come back and sweep you away with it.

I keep trying not to push it, so it will happen naturally. But I got a copy of Energy Work, and my Mom is coming into town tomorrow with some new stones and crystals for me, so this patience may wear itself thin real quick.

It would help, if things weren't so noisy around here. I wish I could do things, when I wanted to do them. I know that I should work around these things, but with kids next door yelling for Trevor, who moved out last year, and the cops and ambulance hear every night, I have to wait until almost midnight, until things quiet down. I hate the city.

Blog Entries

I recommend earplugs, the small rubber kind that you get at Home Depot. Even if you don't project with them, you'll sleep better.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I recommend earplugs, the small rubber kind that you get at Home Depot. Even if you don't project with them, you'll sleep better.
    I've been tempted to do that, because yelling at the little brats doesn't seem to work.

Blog Entries

Yeah, earplugs will do the trick. And then, if I were in your position, I'd set out some intentions, blessings, and wards to keep them away.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Yeah, earplugs will do the trick. And then, if I were in your position, I'd set out some intentions, blessings, and wards to keep them away.
    I have tried stones, sage, etc., but I can't control what goes on outside my apartment. Most of the commotion is from people that are just passing through. I don't want to move. I love this place. I just hate the location.