Thread: Peripheral Vision and Third Eye Stimulation

josh Guest

Peripheral Vision and Third Eye Stimulation

I found some interesting information on third eye stimulation exercises.

Apparently, according to this guy and his website cubicles were created because of psychotic mental breaks created by peripheral stimulation in open desk work environments. He calls it "Subliminal Distraction." in vision and psychosis.net

His research more or less confirms that peripheral stimulation, and particularly the mirror form, can help open up the third eye. He mentions that Qi Gong and Kundalini Yoga produce the effects he talks about. He is, however, not very supportive of this. He is part of the "how to prevent, bury, ignore, and discard this forever" team.

The initial peripheral vision exercise I started out with and had the most noticeable effect with was from Dan Scorpio:
    in angelfire.com
    Basically you stand in front of a mirror with your body turned to the side and perform every possible movement you can think of. I only did this for maybe one hour a day for three days and the effects were very noticeable. I can understand how the author of the "Subliminal Distraction" website would feel this could produce "psychotic episodes." The overall hysteria on this website surrounding these peripheral mirror exercises is worth noting but, I think, unfounded. As long as you go slowly and take on chunks that you can handle you should be safe. You wouldn't expect a beginner skier to start out on a black diamond and then say they had a traumatic "episode" and to avoid skiing forever; you start out on the rope tow on a small hill and then work your way up to the beginner slopes. Why would this kind of work be any different?

If your awareness is way outside the body and you don't know it but stimulate the third eye into opening then you will definitely start experiencing strange stuff. If your disposition is to run away or freak out then that will be a big problem. However, I can definitely appreciate this guy's work since it confirms the effectiveness of a whole set of exercises.

Blog Entries

Re: Peripheral Vision and Third Eye Stimulation

Quote Originally Posted by josh
    Apparently, according to this guy and his website cubicles were created because of psychotic mental breaks created by peripheral stimulation in open desk work environments. He calls it "Subliminal Distraction." in vision and psychosis.
    That sounds highly unlikely. I worked in different arrangements with different desk arrangements, and cubicles are unheard of here. Also consider seamstresses in sweatshops, spread all over the room, or an old accounting office with the desks, or any kind of old-fashioned schoolroom setup.

So, while the exercise gives you a result, the reasoning from that website seems more like urban legend.

Oliver