Thread: False awakenings, a plummet, flying and nudity

Blog Entries

False awakenings, a plummet, flying and nudity

Was using rhythm napping on Thursday night. Had multiple dreams of the false awakening type but they were difficult to recall. At some point my eldest son joined me on the bed. I felt him there as a real physical presence: a big, clumsy thud beside me. Convinced he’d woken me from my dreaming, I explained I was trying to get lucid and probably told him what I’d just dreamt (can't recall well). He responded as he would in life and I said I was going back to bed now because it was too cold in the guest bed. I didn’t ask him why he was out of bed but I did realise then that I was experiencing a false awakening and that my body was still asleep in the guest room. I can’t recall what occurred after this (maybe I was more tired than I thought). There were similar false awakenings but I'm unsure of their number and exact nature.

Later I find myself on a bus with my husband driving. He is an attentive and encouraging presence and, I strongly suspect, what Kurt Leland would call a facilitator/guide rather than a dream character. I chat to him about what I’ve just experienced in the way of false awakenings and he looks interested, but I don’t ask him why he is driving a bus or why the way is unfamiliar but feels right.

Next I find myself in a dream. A young woman I work with is showing me her watch. She says her mother made it. I look at it and see it has dolphins on it but no numbers. I say it’s a nice watch but I always prefer watches with numbers. She shows me it again and says, “It does have numbers, see?” I look. Now it has some numbers and its background says something about California. I’m looking at a watch (another method I’ve used for reality- checking) that keeps transforming but I’m too far-gone to twig. She tells me that another teacher is being kind and helping her write her exam paper. I don’t recognise him but I accept that as a result of being new to the school. (Clearly, her test was for me! I wonder who he was?)

I awaken. It’s 5.30 and too cold so I go back to my bed where I know I can tap into G's body heat. I know there’s still a good chance for lucid dreaming.

I’m driving into some kind of snowfield/ fun-park with the family. G warns me that the first thrill ride is the drive in. I go over a small hill and there’s a sense of fun. Then there’s the next hill and I expect it to be a bump like the first. It’s not; we have come to the edge of a steep precipice. We seem to teeter momentarily and then we’re plummeting. G says something about my mistake. We land in water and are perhaps partly cushioned by some inflatable device. We crawl out, unperturbed.

A teenage attendant waits to help us down a metal ladder. He has a measuring stick to gauge our height and weight. (I think this is something to do with measuring awareness as I teeter on lucidity). I tell him my height to be helpful (this is accurate information). Now we’re free in the fun-park and I know I’m dreaming. Still lucidity isn't total as I tell the "family" that we're dreaming, as if they are real.

I begin to fly immediately, as do they. It’s the usual fun, even though the kids get in the way sometimes. I land and decide to change my appearance. Jennifer Anniston comes to mind (go figure- maybe something about being a "friend") and I face my family and say, “Whom do I look like?” No response. They’re being dull dream characters now but I’m too distracted by the fun I’m having to attain a higher state of lucidity. I don’t know if I’ve successfully transformed or not and I'm quickly distracted from finding out.

A man who mistakes me for a fun-park attendant takes my attention. He asks if I can put an announcement over for someone to meet him. I play along, reach towards a brick pillar and make a walk-talky type microphone appear in my hand. I put over an announcement for the person to meet the man beneath building 8 (?) He is possibly the other teacher in the former dream.

Dreaming takes over. I seem to be naked and very, very thin for much of this night’s dreaming. Sometimes I’m aware of it and bothered, improvising clothing. At other times I’m indifferent to it. Most likely it’s because the night is cold. My extreme thinness probably represents the need for more blankets. Fairly normal dreams follow this sequence.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: False awakenings, a plummet, flying and nudity

I think you and I have gone to the same place (again). I'll see if I can dig around for the experience I had in "the" Fun Park.
    Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by CF's dream
    (I) left this dream environment and went into another one, and in it I was in a car with my hubby and son. I was
    reclined in this car and we were driving back from vacation, in a tourist area where part of the view was of an old
    crumbling amusement park, could have been Coney Island. We were driving over the bottom rail (it sounded like
    you were on a wood roller coaster) and you could see the ruins of an old broken down roller coaster that seemed
    to float in the air. We looked at it as we drove past. I commented on the apparent precariousness of the way, and
    my hubby said this was officially part of the road. I woke up with a certain amount of angst.
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11228&p=86718#p86718

In my dream we were driving on hilly terrain: Rolling hills (no snow, though), and the vacation spot we were coming from (or going to) seemed to be California because of the similarity of the terrain. There was a point in the dream in which we were over the rails on a tree. (I'm not sure why I didn't originally write this in my journal, but it is what I recall, which is why this dream made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end).
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: False awakenings, a plummet, flying and nudity

Well, as you indicated, it wouldn't be the first time we were hanging out in the same terrain. We must be due for another encounter (that we both remember) sooner or later. I hope it's sooner!

I'd say the snow was there as an indicator of my physical body being cold in bed. I must admit, I wondered about the California reference. Apart from foreseeing the recent storms in the American Midwest, American references don't usually pop up in my dreams but occasionally other countries do, so I didn't think too much about it. Now it looks like a clue.

I have been to fun parks before in my dreams. Sometimes I've been in those tubular slides you find at water parks. I had a strange experience with one such dream a couple of years ago. It was very brief. I found myself lucid and possibly out of body as I was sliding down the tube. As I became lucid, I discovered I was zooming in towards a friend and she became aware of me. When she reacted with terror I immediately withdrew and woke up. The next day she told me she'd dreamt of me but didn't say what she'd dreamt and I didn't pursue it because there were others present and because she wasn't the type of person to whom you'd tell such experiences anyway. Because the experience was early-ish in my explorations and so brief I dismissed it somewhat, but it stayed with me nonetheless.

I commented on the apparent precariousness of the way, and my hubby said this was officially part of the road.
    I think that's pretty evident!
    Williams)

Blog Entries

California

The topic of ghosts and other phenomena came up in the staff room a couple of days ago. I didn't start the conversation and only joined it as someone asked the others if they'd ever experienced a ghost. I piped up, of course, and because I did I discovered a few very spiritually open-minded people in my faculty. One thing led to the other and we were discussing other experiences such as lucid dreaming and OBEs.

The young woman who showed most interest in the conversation is referenced in an earlier entry. I've copied it here:

Next I find myself in a dream. A woman at work is showing me her watch. She says her mother made it. I look at it and I think it has dolphins on it but no numbers. I say it’s a nice watch but I always prefer watches with numbers. She shows me it again and says, “It does have numbers, see?” I look. Now it has some numbers and its background says something about California. I’m looking at a watch (another method I’ve used for reality- checking) that keeps transforming but I’m too far-gone to twig. She tells me that another teacher is being kind and helping her write her exam paper. I don’t recognise him but I accept that as a result of being new to the school. (Clearly, her test was for me! I wonder who he was?)

It occurred to me driving home that I should have told her about this dream as she would have liked it. (Later I did). It also revived my memory of the Californian reference. I wonder if it was a coincidence, then, I had heard about the Californian earthquake on the news that morning.
    Williams)