Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Casting Love

Blog Entries

Casting Love

For some time now, I've been sending love to people. Sometimes people I know, sometimes total strangers. Sometimes people I like and care for, sometimes people I really don't thinking highly of. It's had a remarkable effect on me, overall, and has led, I believe, to the breakdown of many, many spiritual, emotional, and mental blocks. I feel that my overall awareness and "vibration", if you will, has increased in a multitude of ways. I'm generally a happier person, and I've also been experiencing actual physical healing (chronic pain and fatigue), as well.

I very much recommend this practice. I just send a blessing of love to people I see (silently; I'm not a kook who walks up to random strangers and tells them I love them or that they are loved or whatever ), to people I read about, to people I know but haven't seen in a long time, etc. At first I would say to myself, directed to the person, "I love you and I bless you" but I found that a bit lengthy, especially when I was doing it while driving (every other person I could see driving or walking). I've now practiced it enough that I can just will the blessing, without any verbal cue to myself. I can actually feel a sort of "flexing" of my heart chakra sometimes. Very interesting.

I also had astounding experiences when I tried sending love to God/Spirit/Universe/Whatever. It reflected back to me, magnified each time. I had to stop after just a short time because the bliss was unbearable, but now, all I have to do to induce bliss is to quickly just "cast love" to the Divine, and it comes back magnified. It's an almost instantaneous way to raise my own vibration. It feels amazing, and it appears to be extremely healing.

Lately, I've been working on sending love to my very estranged mother, not for her sake (though if it helps her, I'm okay with that; I don't really care one way or the other), but for my own. I figure if I can make myself send love to her (or to my ex-husband's wife, who is just as bad as my mother or maybe worse), I'll really get a good workout, so to speak...

I have hopes that by sending Universal love to these people who have (in my subjective interpretation) injured and wronged me, then it will come back to me (from the Universe, not from them) and I can be healed. It's sort of one step beyond forgiveness, as I see it...

Anyway, I just was inspired and thought I'd post this. Do with it as you will.

Blessings.

Another site with some really helpful information on the topic of Universal love:

http://www.soulprogress.com/html/Unific ... tep1.shtml
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

lightningbug Guest

Re: Casting Love

can I just say that I love this forum? really, can I say that? I love this forum.

I've searched high and low to meet people like you. I remember years ago when I was still a teen, I was all into what I felt was spiritual love. Even going so far, as to have a real rejection of the marriage vow to 'forsake all others'. Because I thought, forsaking all others, thats anti-love and should not be included into any vow of love.

I went to love forums. Relationship forums. Christian forums. And the love that these places presented to me, angered me. And now that my vocabularly is better, I can say, the love these forums presented was completely duelistic. Just horrible.

The views that they held, damaged me in a way. Friendship was so important, still is. But then, I was so obsorbed in this duelistic love that these places presented, I actually became afraid of marriage. That which would separate me from friends, I felt. Or that which takes my friends away from me.

I remember posing the question, amongst christian gals. "Do you think placing your husband above all others, goes against Jesus command to love everyone?" And they argued with me. "If you love everyone, then that love becomes insignificant. And it would be like loving no one."

And I got angry, and I answered "How can you know that? Have you tried loving everyone?"

They pretty much did what a lot of married couples in college did to me, if I ever brought up the notion that maybe romance didnt have all the answers. They showed off their shiny wedding rings, as a way of saying "this ring means I know more about love than you". And they told me, one day I would fall in love with a man, and I would understand. And on that day, I would be willing to forsake all others, for that one man.

I couldn't. I couldn't never be that way. So I closed myself up. I never really spoke about love again to anyone. I was really confused. But still believing, there must be a way, you can still have intimate and meaningful relationships, without forsaking anyone.

thank you for your enlightening post, I think I finally understand something that's been bothering me for years and to think, I only joined this forum to have wildly selfish adventures in the night

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lightningbug
    I remember posing the question, amongst christian gals. "Do you think placing your husband above all others, goes against Jesus command to love everyone?" And they argued with me. "If you love everyone, then that love becomes insignificant. And it would be like loving no one."
    Yeah, that's purely conditional love. I love YOU because of X, Y, Z, but I refuse to love THAT person because of A, B, C. It is dualistic, it is judgmental, as well. It's actually the opposite of what Jesus was actually teaching. Love your ENEMY, don't judge, forgive people who wrong you even if it ends up being seventy times seven times...

And on that day, I would be willing to forsake all others, for that one man.
    Including children? What about your siblings? Should you stop loving them and never love your children...? See, this view is extremely narrow and doesn't make any sense. It's a modern day romantic notion, and it's actually got nothing at all to do with spiritual love.

I've got nothing against marriage (I've been married three times ), but "forsaking all others" isn't in the Bible (that's from the Reformation-era standard marriage ceremony concocted by the Anglican church), and I've always taken that to mean that you won't sleep around, not that you'll shut down your emotions and be unloving to the rest of the planet.

thank you for your enlightening post, I think I finally understand something that's been bothering me for years and to think, I only joined this forum to have wildly selfish adventures in the night
    You're very welcome, I'm glad it helped. Perhaps you're the reason I felt inspired to post it.

Oh, and I can tell you, there's nothing wrong with having wildly selfish adventures in the night, either.

I bless you, and love you, and I wish for you all the healing you need and all the growth you seek. And so it is.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

sleeper Guest

I don't have anything to add here, except to say that what you're doing is very beautiful and rewarding, and I love doing it also

Thank you for the lovely post. I know it's been a while since you made it, but love doesn't have anything to do with time anyway. I think I shall try your experiment (on anyone/everyone rather than just the cute guys, like I usually do, lol).

I love you!

(no, i'm not going to say it out loud to people either, but you started it so at least i know you won't think i'm some nutcase)

--Kelsey
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Blog Entries

Thanks, Kelsey. I love you, and I bless you.

Blog Entries

Something I tried lately:

All of a sudden I felt like I could just bless strangers on my way to work and home (I ride the equivalent of a subway and pass through main train station). Not only was it a good feeling, and by applying it to the beautiful and the ugly, the old, the young, the average, female and male, it also started to blur the distinctions I make between people a bit. It runs against the grain of prejudice.

Then I realised it also reduces the feeling of perceiving other people as annoying - for "invading" your personal space, being rude, whatever there is. Beats calling them names in your head for sure, and feels better, too.

And then I thought: Well, sounds like a thing OW would come up with. And here's the thread.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    And then I thought: Well, sounds like a thing BW would come up with. And here's the thread.
    Aww, I love you, too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Lately, I've been working on sending love to my very estranged mother, not for her sake (though if it helps her, I'm okay with that; I don't really care one way or the other), but for my own. I figure if I can make myself send love to her (or to my ex-husband's wife, who is just as bad as my mother or maybe worse), I'll really get a good workout, so to speak...
    Yikes, I'm actually quoting myself, but I decided it was worth putting in a caution regarding this. It's not intended to scare anyone off, but only to make them aware of some possibilities.

In sending love to my very estranged mother, I accidentally created a "live" psychic tie to her, without my realising it. I had cut ties to her in the past and I always practice general psychic shielding, but in thinking of her too much and sending energy (love is the highest form of energy), I re-established the tie.

She, being who she is, then proceeded to drain my energy, because she's just that sort of person. She doesn't do this consciously, but she certainly is an energy thief, whether she knows she's doing it or not. It took me a while to figure out how she got past my sheilding, etc., when I had cut ties to her previously, and then I realised that the way I was sending love to her was actually creating or re-activating the link.

Took some time to get rid of her (again), but I will say that it led to even more significant healing on my part, and to me coming to a place of very significant forgiveness where she's concerned (and I put up some very specific shields against her, because forgiveness is one thing, but allowing an energy vampire to get near you isn't a good plan ).

I don't believe that it was the sending of love that was the problem. I think it was the way I was doing it and the fact that my mother has long been in the habit of draining me of as much energy as possible, and the moment the opportunity presented itself, boom, there it was. I'm not entirely sure what I was doing "wrong". Maybe nothing. Maybe it was necessary for me to re-establish the link so that events would unfold so that I could reach the state of forgiveness and thereby gain healing, which was, after all, my intention to begin with....

I'm not sure what sort of caution to offer, actually. My mother and I are a special case, with a karmic connection that goes back a long, long way. I certainly haven't had any sort of backlash or problem with sending love to anyone else, and I do certainly still practice this regularly. I think in this case with my mother it was a combination of intent and old karmic stuff that had to be addressed, and the end result was good, even if it was kind of uncomfortable to get to there. So I suppose my caution would be to just be aware that this practice can bring about intentions in ways you might not expect...

Blog Entries

This topic has been split. The split off part (which had to do with psychic protection and psychic vampires and suchlike) is here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13667

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast