Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: About "Just Sitting"

Blog Entries

Re: About "Just Sitting"

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper
    don't' get me wrong, I still feel it at times, but I don't see how i can care for other people without also despairing somewhat for them also. I'm not sure if that has caused me to have any blockages.
    You got me wrong. I am saying that despair is a blockage. Despair is a typical block-embodied conflict between "is" and "should be". Without any conflict in your mental space that you want things to be different than they are, there would be no conflict, no despair.

IMO your despair is the symptomatic feeling associated with an mental-emotional blockage. By focussing your attention on the sensations of the blockage you actually start to release it. This process of releasing the blockage removes the obstacle to the energy flow bit by bit, and the heightened energy flow, the unimpeded energy flow, this is what brings about the spiritually inspiring feelings.

As I said: The dam is not the river.

Despair is a block in the flow, not enabling the flow, but preventing it. Facing the despair is a method of dissolving the block, thereby enabling flow. That's why you have less despair now - you have dissolved most of the block that caused despair. The symptom (the feeling of despair) vanishes with the underlying cause (the block in your energetic flow).

IMO you have declared the dam (the blockage in your mental-emotional space) which causes obstruction (and despair) to be the enabler, while in fact it was more an obstruction. Not even a special one. For other people it is anger, sadness, etc. A blockage is a blockage.

Oliver

sleeper Guest

are you saying that people shouldn't be happy? because they aren't.

conflict seems to be the state of reality. Beyond a lobotomy, i'm not sure how I could get conflict out of my brain, unless I stop paying attention to reality.

Blog Entries

Conflict may exist "out there" but does not need to exist within you. You can accept the world as it is at any time, you don't have to internalise conflict, or resist your perceptions of the world. A blockage is often "inner conflict" - some part of yourself living in denial about the facts.

Despair - the state of the world saddens you. Is there any purpose to this? Does you being in despair help anyone? If you weren't in despair, could you do something better? The despair has one and only one purpose - to tell you that within you something is not right. Something is not smooth, flowing.

What I wanted to say is this: You declared the problem (despair) to be the cure. To be more precise, facing the problem is the cure. There's a big difference in cause and effect relationships here. You don't have to feel despair to become spiritually free. But if you feel despair, exploring it and facing it (like any other "negative" emotion) moves towards being spiritually free.

Oliver