Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Psychosis or Enlightenment?

Blog Entries

Re: Psychosis or Enlightenment?

Glossary underflow error.

Oliver

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mix up different conditions as that. I recently heard something about schizophrenia that suggests that it is not a problem of "responsibility", but a different mode of perception. It is unclear whether it can belong into the same category as other things you listed - or whether it is of a different quality.

I do not get from your later remarks whether you think that the ability to cope has to be built/created or preexists and needs to be uncovered? In the Eastern model it preexists and therefore needs not to be created, just uncovered. Something that is created is necessarily finite. In the Eastern model this uncovered ability to cope or adapt is infinite, but can be attained in finite steps.

In the creation model you need to constantly create greater adaptiveness, build more adaptiveness, to deal with ever more complex structures. Like how neuro-scientists think about the brain.

But in the back-to-the-origin model you remove obstacles to a given ability to cope. Instead of increasing something to deal with something more complex, you reduce maximally to tap into the preexisting ability to copy with anything that arises. This requires undoing anything that pulls you away from that preexisting ability - the forces pulling are the ego, the preexisting quality the enlightened mind, termed "insight" or "diamond mind" or "the great stillness" or "emptiness".

Oliver

Why is it that enlightenment threads end up driving me crazy?

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Why is it that enlightenment threads end up driving me crazy?
    I'm already crazy. Enlightenment threads are just a reminder.

Blog Entries

I've been crazy. I can't say I recommend it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

It seems to be a mandatory part of the process to have all your mental and emotional structures torn away.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    It seems to be a mandatory part of the process to have all your mental and emotional structures torn away.
    Yes, actually, I agree. With some people it's more subtle, I suspect. I went for the full-blown, lock you up in the psych ward style of doing it, of course. I've always been a "jump in the deep end and hope you figure out how to swim before you drown" sort.

For some others, I think it's more of a long, slow simmer rather than a full-on boil over the top.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

The slow simmer rather than full immersion would indicate to me that the person is avoiding the process rather than participating in it. It isn't fair, really, that spiritual practices are so often presented as a way of feeling better or having a more functional life or better relationships.

Jananz Guest

By fixation on conspiracies and knowing answers, I was really talking about that which is unintegrated, unbalanced and cannot be rationally validated. For example saying that extraterrestrials are working with the power elite to devitalize the populations into a slave class is "unbalanced." While saying that the dark forces of exploitive capitalism naturally work to destroy the populations they exploit is perhaps a more rational approach. We live in a systemically psychotic world and so figuring out a sane approach to dealing with our current collective insanity is the greatest challenge I think humans have ever faced.

What we call the negative ego is the "spirit" repressing conditioning. That which contorts Eros and encourages the perversions of Thanatos. Thus the psychosis of the age is the enculturation of Death (or the culture of death as Gabriel Cousen likes to say).

That which perverts and stems the "flow" of spirit is the reactive conditioning that developed in response to a zillion factors we encountered while living in the culture of death...such that like me, we loose touch with the thread of living-truth that shows us a path of nurturing and fulfillment in life.

To encounter a flow of experience that really does feed us, we have to clean out this shell of former reactivity (negative ego) through the fires of transformation. Thereby we can set up a sympathetic resonance with the Unified Field...otherwise known as Nonduality...or Divine balance and union. The Star of David is composed of an upward triangle (fire or spirit) and a downward triangle (water or matter)...the interlocking of these represents union.

The people at Hexahedron 999 found that biophotons in water exhibit a star of David shape. It is perfect poetry that the spirit which animates matter could be described as a balanced tension of opposites that promotes "flow" of energy and stimulates change or evolution.
    [link removed: please see FAQ/rules for guidelines on the posting of links, thanks]

"Resistance to change is difficult to overcome, even when the rewards are the fruits of the tree of life. Only intense heat can move human nature from its inborn inertia and love of the status quo. You may have to turn up the heat (rubedo) to prevent cooling and separation the body from soul. The Phoenix however, is rejuvenated by immersion in fire. The alchemists may have to invite new passions and aggressions, forcing confrontations on vital questions that the white lady (anima) might prefer to cool. Therapeutic support means feeding the fire." The Modern Alchemist, Richard Allen Miller.

Timotheus Guest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast