Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to understand quantum physics

Chris_com28 Guest

Re: How to understand quantum physics

One way of helping people understand quantum physics was that video i posted, because it allows you to see that quantum physics doesn't obey the laws of physics.
    That's one of the things I like about them videos.Though I didn't like the way it didn't go into different explanations for it. They seemed to be stuck on the Copenhagen interpretation. Though the video was good at explaining the 2 slit experiment. I found cool site once where you perform the experiment yourself in an interactive animation.

but seeing this video pointed out that the idea of quantum physics is formed around the ideas taht observation affects reality and that the underlying physics of nature aren't 'normal'.
    That's the Copenhagen interpretation. It's an interesting interpretation, but isn't the only one in quantum physics. Though it is good to understand both of them.

Everytime i read quantum physics i tried to apply science to it, but it just doesn't match up, now i know that to understand quantum physics i need to think of it in a different way
    That's why it's said that it's easier to teach some one quantum physics who doesn't know classical physics.

Chris_com28 Guest

One way of helping people understand quantum physics was that video i posted, because it allows you to see that quantum physics doesn't obey the laws of physics.
    That's one of the things I like about them videos.Though I didn't like the way it didn't go into different explanations for it. They seemed to be stuck on the Copenhagen interpretation. Though the video was good at explaining the 2 slit experiment. I found cool site once where you perform the experiment yourself in an interactive animation.

but seeing this video pointed out that the idea of quantum physics is formed around the ideas taht observation affects reality and that the underlying physics of nature aren't 'normal'.
    That's the Copenhagen interpretation. It's an interesting interpretation, but isn't the only one in quantum physics. Though it is good to understand both of them.

Everytime i read quantum physics i tried to apply science to it, but it just doesn't match up, now i know that to understand quantum physics i need to think of it in a different way
    That's why it's said that it's easier to teach some one quantum physics who doesn't know classical physics.

even Jesus' parables didn't cover everything, it just needed to show one point, having too many points often makes it confusing. this video pointed out a crucial fact for me. I don't think anyone truly knows why quantum physics works, just like astral projection. And what's this business about "new age versions"
    They don't really have to cover everything. They could just include the possibility for other interpretations. Though you're right about it being confusing. I think that's why people choose the new age version, because it's easier for them to understand.

Fish wrote:
    I've thought that before myself about everything being a part of each other. Deep stuff.
    oh yeah, i was meant to say it seemed to be similar with another thread about reality is an illusion.
    It reminds me of when I used to think to myself out the nature of reality. I came to the same conclusions. I then realised that this was a common idea. I then latter was able to experience this for myself.

Fish Guest

Experience it how?

Hibby Guest

interpretations? i never knew about any interpretations when i watched this video. I remember seeing another video where they represented the experiment using photons and instead of waves, they showed the photons becoming two, one in each slit and then becoming one at the point of impact on the board.

Blog Entries

interpretations? i never knew about any interpretations when i watched this video
    He's talking about the Copenhagen interpretation (measurement affects or creates the outcome) vs. 'Many Worlds' theory, which instead of observation affecting/creating the outcome, all outcomes happen but you only experience one- the rest of the possibilities (which could be almost infinite) exist in a series of parallel realities. These are two ways of understanding QM, but I'm sure not the only way.
    So you see, there are more ways to skin a cat (sorry about the pun, couldn't resist) but you only experience one.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hibby Guest

yeah i've only discovered the different interpretations on wiki after he told me, but what i'm trying to say is that the video doesn't neccesary give a single interpretation, what it shows is nature of quantum physics.

Chris_com28 Guest

Experience it how?
    Well it's quite a longs story and I hate repeating myself, but I'm in a good mood at the moment so I'll tell you.
    It basically started off as a good day, maybe a great day. Anyway I was in a good mood all week which was weird for me as I'm usually in a very bad mood. I was actually euphoric. Anyway, I'd occaisonally get stressed because of my phonophobia. What I would do what focus on my higher chakras to sort of raise above it. I found it helped. Once I was sitting watching TV and the phonophobia got to me again. I then focused on my higher chakras and something amazing happened. It was like I went into a lucid dream. Reality no longer seemed real. It was as if I was in a dream, but I was wide awake and fully functional. Everything seemed to trivial. I was also aware of this reailty above us and that out of this maxtrix was where we really were, just like in a lucid dream. I flet we were all trapped in a bubble. Though people on forums tried to tell me that we aren't trapped I can not shake that feeling from me. From then on I really didn't give a c*** what people said about the nature of reality, I know what I experienced and that's that. I found there was no real need to worry as we were all safe outside this bubble of fear and hate. It was all a bad dream or like in the Matrix; just a VR program.

yeah i've only discovered the different interpretations on wiki after he told me, but what i'm trying to say is that the video doesn't neccesary give a single interpretation, what it shows is nature of quantum physics.
    It may have not direclt said it, but it at least hints at it. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great videos for the newbie, but they should mention that there are many interpretations. Like CFT said, they don't even hint at the possiblity of multiple worlds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_com28
    It was like I went into a lucid dream. Reality no longer seemed real. It was as if I was in a dream, but I was wide awake and fully functional. Everything seemed to trivial. I was also aware of this reailty above us and that out of this maxtrix was where we really were, just like in a lucid dream. I flet we were all trapped in a bubble. Though people on forums tried to tell me that we aren't trapped I can not shake that feeling from me. From then on I really didn't give a c*** what people said about the nature of reality, I know what I experienced and that's that.
    I've had a similar experience. Not precisely like that, but close enough that I recognise it. And yeah, it does make you stop caring what other people say about the nature of reality.

It was all a bad dream or like in the Matrix; just a VR program.
    Yeah, that's a good metaphor. I love that film, so many good metaphors in it.

I also sometimes think of it as The Sims.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Fish Guest

[quote=OlderWiser]
    It was like I went into a lucid dream. Reality no longer seemed real. It was as if I was in a dream, but I was wide awake and fully functional. Everything seemed to trivial. I was also aware of this reailty above us and that out of this maxtrix was where we really were, just like in a lucid dream. I flet we were all trapped in a bubble. Though people on forums tried to tell me that we aren't trapped I can not shake that feeling from me. From then on I really didn't give a c*** what people said about the nature of reality, I know what I experienced and that's that.
    I've had a similar experience. Not precisely like that, but close enough that I recognise it. And yeah, it does make you stop caring what other people say about the nature of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by "Chris_com28":2xrcj988
    It was all a bad dream or like in the Matrix; just a VR program.
    Yeah, that's a good metaphor. I love that film, so many good metaphors in it.

I also sometimes think of it as The Sims. [/quote:2xrcj988]

Yep. Similar has happened to me. While it's happening you know it's all very much more reality than perception.

MichaelL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby
    theres even a theory that everything may in fact be one, that space separating objects is merely a result of our perception. A lot of quantum theories are in a way "catching up to spiritual theories". To think that science and spirituality may one day become one is really something i'd be holding my breath for.
    Science is the name given to that part of nature that man can explain to himself.

"how can one particle be in two places at once?"

It isn't. The particle doesn't exist. Remember that the most fundamental state of reality is consciousness, one infinite consciousness. This consciousness can be thought of as a kind of energy. From localized condensations of vibrational patterns of this energy, what appears to be a particle is formed. Its not really there, it just appears that way like the crest of a wave appears to be something unto itself before it is absorbed back into the ocean. It is the act of observing that causes the localized condensations in the first place. So it is the consciousness observing itself.

Entanglement can also be explained this way as two particles are not connected over a distance, it is just two regions of the same energy that are linked somehow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast