Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Karen659 - OOB experiences

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Karen659 - OOB experiences

I thought I'd change to another topic post so that I can keep track of all my experiences here. (I initially started another topic post separately if you wish to read my first posts called "OOBE - False awakenings and possible retrieval? " at http://forums.astraldynamics.com/vie...hp?f=4&t=11446 )

I will just keep adding my experiences here and would welcome anyone with any insight on my travels. I love to share what I have learned, and am eager to learn more from those who pass through here. Post a reply here, send me email, or visit my blog (~karen659.blogspot.com -see link to right of this->).

This was the latest experience, not much compared to others I've had, but still interesting to see I am still learning how to handle this astral realm. Thanks for reading! -Karen

8/4/08 Meeting Children in Astral

I was again on my ‘traveling’ couch attempting to get OOB with the desire to ‘meet someone’ when I became aware of being awake, yet still ‘resting’ on the couch. I distinctly heard someone coming down the stairs by me and knew from past experiences that I should remain quiet and unmoving to see what would happen in case this was another false awakening.

(I have learned that when you THINK you are awake and just lying there, and then hear or feel something different happening <even such mundane things as someone coming into the room>, you do NOT wake yourself up immediately. Remain quietly aware of what’s happening and just go with it – if it’s real life, you’ll know soon enough – but most times, it’s a false awakening for me)

The footsteps coming down the stairs were quick and ‘young’ sounding, and my feelings registered this as a young person (I think rationally it could possibly be my 18 year old daughter who is the youngest one around).

The young female (as it turns out) comes directly to me on the couch and I don’t move a muscle knowing I have to be patient to see what will happen. She bends at the waist and lays her head on my chest, and I realize she is much smaller than my daughter would be (maybe age 10-12?)

I feel only loving thoughts coming from her as we speak and felt her ‘hug’ me with her head on my chest. We are discussing something about a ‘game for ages 11-12’ (?). I was having difficulty understanding every word but the words were soothing, gentle and comforting, both hers and mine. I remember telling her something like “well, go ahead and we will figure out how to make it work”.

There was a dramatic change in this experience at this point when I next became aware of someone (a young person again) jumping up down the back of couch!! I felt it was another child, but cannot be certain if it was the same one or another. The jumping continued up and down, up and down and was getting to be rather annoying.

I remember saying ‘Stop Now!’ very firmly and rather loudly (at least I thought so) but the jumping continued. I repeated “STOP NOW!” even more firmly and the ‘person’ sat down on back of couch just above me, now blowing cold air on my face. I felt it was intentionally trying to annoy me, and I pushed against it with my ‘hands’ to make it stop. I remember I could actually ‘feel’ this energy presence in such a physical sense that I became just a little bit unnerved (twinge of fear) at the thought of what was happening.

(I do try to stay calm when faced with uncertain energy, however, for some reason, this one felt more irritating than usual and I feel I responded perhaps too ‘physical’ and emotionally than I should have.)

I said, “STOP NOW, it’s cold!” which made me think of being surrounded by warm white light. The energy faded with the white light and I woke up completely, not sure of what just happened.

In hindsight, I think maybe I didn’t handle it well by getting loud and physical, instead of talking and seeing what it was that she wanted. My instinct to stop the annoyance, after having such a wonderful interaction with the first child, maybe led me to a more ‘physical world’ emotional reaction, instead of staying with the calm, unemotional temperance that is required in the astral realm.

Blog Entries

Re: Karen659 - OOB experiences

Hello, Karen.

For instance, I can remember being adamant that a surface was solid, completely and utterly impenetrable, and to prove it, slammed my hand down on the counter to show how sturdy it is. Yet, at the same time, I knew I was out of body so I should not be able to do so. I remember the ‘feel’ of that solidness, only to change the next minute when I was told to raise my vibration and awareness to be able to gently glide my hand right through that same surface!
    Part of the effect is explainable by the model of the different energy bodies. Let's say you're in an etheric environment (dense) with the etheric body (dense). It is solid. But if you're there with the astral body (subtler) you can pass through. When you raise your vibration you might pass to a different body altogether (from dense to subtle), even if you feel the change to be more continuous. Of course you can see this model more like an aid for understanding rather than the whole truth.

So, it's not so much "being out of body" but "which body you are being in in which environment" that determines your degree of freedom. At first this would only seem true for the degree of freedom of movement. But the same is true for the mind. "Higher" bodies on "lower" planes also enable you to seemingly break the rules in that the higher body is not bound by the rules of the plane as it is not of that plane. And similarly, you also carry a degree of knowledge and lucidity that surpasses that of the surrounding plane. You come down to the etheric plane with the astral body, you can have a much higher degree of lucidity, because to the astral body filter on your conscious awareness it is much more apparent what the nature of the etheric plane is.

Similarly, higher vehicles place less and less filters on your consciousness. It's like removing layers of thin cloth to let the light of your consciousness shine through.

Yet usually we don't experience the presence or absense of such filters/bodies directly, we just experience a difference in capability, clarity and lucidity that we cannot quite explain. Furthermore, until the higher vehicle is more fully developed it might at times seem less or even way less capable than the lower ones due to the limitations experienced during the process of mastering it. It's like trying to detect that you lived in a colored soap bubble all the time by changing the color once in a while, and sometimes the bubble is more obscured and less, but you have never seen reality without one. It's not easy to spot but over time the skill develops.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Hey, Karen.

To continue on with this theme, I had an experience again this morning that gave me food for thought. I feel right asleep last night and didn't wake too much during the night...but gosh, this morning, when I woke I was intensely 'living within a dream' and I felt that disoriented and lost feeling..(as I have done lots of times!) ...until I realized where and when I was!! lol
    I can relate. Once, when "returning" from a meditation I had to remember who I was, then where I was, following the clues I could pick up on, till it all flashed back and it seemed normal again. I take this as a hint of being really deep before that happened, and I guess so were you.

Amazing experience.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Karen, I have read others who have had circumstances similar to yours as have I. I might save mine for my blog sometime but I'll tell you my sister's.

When we were little I saw her standing at the wall unit, playing with its mirror. I saw her reach in and then suddenly withdraw her hand with a start. When I asked her why she did that she said it was because her reflection had taken her hand. I wonder if she remembers that. I'll have to ask her.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

5. Re: Karen659 - OOB experiences

Wow, Bee! this is awesome!! It's really is great to know that I'm not the only 'looney' out there that knows she saw this 'pass-through' solidness! lol Do ask your sister...but depending on her age at the time, and her 'life experiences' since, she may not recall....but happy to know YOU did!!!...Now, share your experience and let me know the link when you do! Thanks so much!

6. Re: Karen659 - OOB experiences

7.14.11 RESPONSE to Pass Through Truck Experience

This is what I wrote in response to a request as to why I feel this 'Pass Through Truck Miracle' occurred in my life....it might be insightful for others so I'll share it here too...

As for why it happened, I'll likely not fully know in this life, however, I do feel it may have been one of the 'built in' exits that could have been pre-planned into my life. We take much effort in-between lives, IMO, to create all types of options to be shown to us when necessary depending on what choices we make in this life. It's hard to imagine, but I believe that every single choice we make here has been seen before and a pre-planned set of experiences designed to maximize our learning here was created. This includes 'life exits' that may be needed.

At the time of this truck miracle (1999), I was in turmoil, emotionally exhausted, and going through a bad divorce. I was on my way to sign papers that I felt to be totally wrong to do so, yet had to do....(ok, so the details were that I was on my way to sign papers to mortgage my house, the one my father built for me as payment for taking care of his mother, to pay my soon-to-be ex his half of it!!! totally not fair in my eyes!)....

I remember reading once where we sometimes pre-plan certain points in our life where we are given the opportunity to 'exit' this life depending upon our degree of need or desire. This could have been one of those, and the fact that the crash didn't happen was because I was stable enough to know that my young children (at the time) were the reason I had to remain and wanted to do so. You can see that I had no idea this was going to happen, as I repeated with certainty that 'he's going to hit me!'

Also, I have to clarify at the time, I was not as involved in the astral travel nor have the understanding that I have now. Those were the times when life was my family, and the few dream experiences I had and such were nothing more than that. In hindsight now, I can see that I've been guided to this point in my life for various reasons.

I do have to say, that this wasn't the first time I had 'divine intervention' that stopped me from a catastrophic outcome. One other time when I was just a young woman of 25, I was saved from certain disaster with my first encounter with 'voices' within a dream. If interested, I can share that too...

-Karen
    www.karen659.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by karen659 View Post
    One other time when I was just a young woman of 25, I was saved from certain disaster with my first encounter with 'voices' within a dream. If interested, I can share that too
    about my age , so i for one wouldn't mind hearing of it.

Blog Entries

Hello, Karen.

I agree with what you say about exit points. I had similar ideas come to me, I guess it was last year.

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

I agree with the exit point concept too.

You know, Karen, I'll share it here since you just revealed something private. I hope you don't mind.

My experience occurred when my husband left me for a period. I had a 4 year old and a three month old and it was the worst time of my life and also a time of unprecedented psychic activity. I haven't published any of that here because I'm still with my husband and we're very happy and I don't like dragging that stuff up from the past. I can send you a pm if you want to know other events from that period.

Anyway, I'd been to stay with my mum in another state, which was a stupid thing to do because I've never enjoyed her company and she's never been a supportive person in any sense. My neighbour had come to pick me up from the airport, over an hour's drive from where I lived, and the baby had cried for most of the trip.

When I got home, I was already a nervous wreck. It was then that I discovered I'd deadlocked the front door without taking the key. So, I was trapped outside with my kids. Getting a locksmith was a last option because a. I didn''t have money to spare and b. it was a Sunday. Before I'd left, I'd bolted some glass sliding doors so that they were partially open, allowing the house to air. They were key locked but I still hoped, irrationally, that I could slide a hand in with the key and unlock one or jimmy it open. I'd already locked myself out of the house accidentally a few times before. I'm not kidding, I was often addled during that period, stressed to the max and getting up through the night to feed the baby. Another neighbour had put his ladder up to my bathroom window on those occasions and climbed in for me. That wasn't an option now.

So, I changed the baby on the back deck and grabbed the shovel and tried to pry open the glass door. It wasn't smart but I was really upset and frustrated. It wouldn't budge and all I was doing was marking the metal frame. Then it was all too much. I stood there and cried and cursed and hated my life and felt cheated in every way possible. That's when I saw the bolt slide down as if invisible hands had unlocked it and pulled it down. There was no logical reason for this to happen but it did happen. I was so amazed that I threw the door aside and fell on my knees in gratitude to whatever force had done this.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

10. Re: Karen659 - OOB experiences

OMG! I had no idea I had responses to my post! I'll have to check my settings here!! So sorry for any delay in getting back to everyone!

Oliver - Thanks for the comment, and yes, I DO believe in these 'exit points' as you call them...it just 'feels' right!
    Psionickx - I'll get around to writing that one up too...just have to get this last OBE posted first!

and Bee....Oh my!! that was an AWESOME story!! I'm truly happy you shared that, and you know, with all my other forums too, I'm getting a lot of feedback that there is SO many similar situations happening, yet many never speak up about them until now!! I would love to hear more about your life, it sounds as though you may have a lot to share! Never hesitate to PM me if you feel like talking or discussing...or better yet, email me!! I'm always available! You HAVE to now have this same 'knowing' that we are NOT alone here, that we ARE being watched and guided, and that we only need to ask when we need something! Thank you for sharing and please keep in touch!