Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mudras for activating specific chakras?

Blog Entries

Mudras for activating specific chakras?

I got this idea into my head recently, and I wanted to ask if anybody has information to help with this:

I wondered whether there are mudras (hand gestures mostly) that specifically target a single chakra each to help for example meditating on it. Is there a gesture for each chakra?

I'm specifically looking for a mudra for the solarplexus chakra.

Thanks,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

Re: Mudras for activating specific chakras?

I found this: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

Can somebody comment on this?

The funny thing is - the one for the sacral chakra I saw either Daoist or Buddhist meditators do. And these guys also do concentrate on the middle of the body, which I'd say this corresponds to?

The solarplexus and heart chakra ones seemed to get something going.

Oliver

When you connect the tip of the thumb to the tips of the fingers of the same hand, to form a ring, you activate specific chakras. I am fairly sure that the "pinky" finger activates the heart chakra this way and the middle finger activates the third eye / ajna chakra. The others, though, I don't recall. Better just to try connecting fingers and see what you feel in your solar plexus chakra. For that matter, you could simply place your dominant / projective hand over your solar plexus with the intent to send energy.

Blog Entries

Funny thing happened today. Doing a bit of bibliomancy I asked "What is the most important thing for me to know from this book at the moment?", let the pages slide, put my finger in and pointed on a picture. And it was this:

[attachment=0:3qyddykl]mudra.jpg[/attachment:3qyddykl]

My finger pointed to picture 9b - part of a finger sensitivity exercise. My wife tested the gesture for me, and it is indeed a solarplexus mudra!

Thanks for the tip, Tom, as your reply helped recognising it.

Oliver

Chris_com28 Guest

I always thought that your pinky connected to your sacral chakra. Also your ring finger is believed to connect to your heart chakra.

I can't comment much on the site. I always felt more at home with just meditating on them, sometimes, the mantras. I've had a vision tellig me to keep it simple, which I try to do.

alwayson4 Guest

I know kechari mudra activates heart, throat, brow and crown chakras. That is why it is called king of mudras.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    I know kechari mudra activates heart, throat, brow and crown chakras. That is why it is called king of mudras.
    It is also very time-consuming to work your tongue to the point where you can pull it back into your throat and point the tip up to the top of your head. I've read that it can get to the point where it can be used for alternate nostril breathing by closing off the nostrils from inside with your tongue. A lot of people cheat by cutting the tongue with a razor blade repeatedly, risking nerve damage and infection, but this approach renderd the result less effective or even useless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    Chasing the "king" of something is a distraction from doing what I can actually do *now* to help my practice. So I don't do it.

Oliver

Chris_com28 Guest

http://www.geocities.com/kriyadc/kechari.html

Good reading. I remember my yoga teacher mentioned it briefly on his site. Though if I remember corectly there were other dangers if you cheated and cut your tongue.

Modest Guest

The 9b is used by Crowley in a painting at hermetic.com. He was realy into willpower. Mudras are awesome if you're lazy directing things with your attention.
    Try the peace sign i.e. smilling budha mudra with the thumb on the pinky and ring fingers. It works on the heart chakra.
    Does anyone know a mudra for the dan tien?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast