Hey everyone,

I wonder if anyone can give me some insight into whether I might have been the agent in some poltergeist-like phenomenon.

When I was a child I used to hear a kind of rapping in the walls and ceiling of my bedroom, especially in the evening when I was in bed. When I asked my mother about it, she said it was just the house settling. (We lived in a fairly large wood frame house that was about 50 years old.) I accepted that explanation and continued to apply it even after I left home and continued to hear rapping sounds in the different places I lived. At one point I began meditating and noticed that I often experienced a kind of increasing, tense, anxious energy just before the rapping sound would appear in the room I was in. Again, I assumed a simple physical explanation- like maybe I was picking up some subtle vibrational energy in the framing just before it got released. As to why it should manifest as anxiety I couldn't explain.

But later when I read about poltergeists and the link to individuals with unconscious emotional conflicts, I started to wonder. Without going into details, it turns out I fit that profile as a child and young adult. (But, thankfully, not anymore.) What do you think? Was this poltergeist activity? Has anyone tried to determine if wood frame houses make those rapping sounds as part of a simple physical process?

Ben