Thread: The perfect Technique...

sherbaugh.joshua Guest

The perfect Technique...

This works for me It may or may not work for you.

Instead of doing all that climbing down a ladder stuff just simply tell your mind about 15 - 30 times that when you are deep enough you would like to be aware that you are sleeping and or deep enough.

Then just simply fall asleep I always know when i'm asleep and my mind wakes me up when my body is asleep and I can do whatever Cheers.

Blog Entries

Re: The perfect Technique...

Not every person reacts to direct commands - so this method might work for you, but not necessarily for others. This is a fact from hypnosis and its practice.

Oliver

sherbaugh.joshua Guest

How does not everyone react to direct commands? Everytime you lift a foot or do anything its by some sort of command from your body. I think everyone does operatate by direct commands but sometimes their subconsious does not like direct commands perhaps they just have to learn to talk to their own subconsious. Some peoples subconsious given the phrase "DO NOT SMOKE ITS BAD FOR YOU" Interpruts it as "DO SMOKE OR ITS BAD FOR YOU" things like that... which is also a fact from a hypnotist... so then why cant they just alter the message to their subconsious to make it work for them?

Blog Entries

It depends on their preexisting subconscious programming.
    If you were raised (not you, you know this) by a parent who constantly second guessed and overrode everything you said or thought, making you wrong about everything, you may have a built-in inner voice that makes you second quess yourself.
    That's why self analysis is so important, and old beliefs must be discarded before self-programming.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

People smoke for far more complex reasons than their subconscious misinterpreting a command. Addiction is a multi-faceted problem, and nicotine is incredibly addictive, on a par with heroin. People do things that they know are bad for them for a huge variety of reasons, in fact.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sherbaugh.joshua
    How does not everyone react to direct commands? Everytime you lift a foot or do anything its by some sort of command from your body. I think everyone does operatate by direct commands but sometimes their subconsious does not like direct commands perhaps they just have to learn to talk to their own subconsious. Some peoples subconsious given the phrase "DO NOT SMOKE ITS BAD FOR YOU" Interpruts it as "DO SMOKE OR ITS BAD FOR YOU" things like that... which is also a fact from a hypnotist... so then why cant they just alter the message to their subconsious to make it work for them?
    They might be able to alter it. That however requires a bit more knowledge, though, to do this right.

The technique you described is called "affirmation" and is included in the bundle of technique Robert teaches, but it's usually best to learn a whole set of them to approach a problem from many angles to find out what works best for you (everybody being different and such) and also tell your subconscious in many different ways how important a thing is to you.

It also depends on whether you use a visualisation for deepening or for exiting, like Robert's ROPE.

While affirmations work fine for some, for others they don't. Simply retraining your sleep patterns to become conscious at certain moments by default is not always a good idea. Can mess up your sleep.

Oliver

sherbaugh.joshua Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    They might be able to alter it. That however requires a bit more knowledge, though, to do this right.

The technique you described is called "affirmation" and is included in the bundle of technique Robert teaches, but it's usually best to learn a whole set of them to approach a problem from many angles to find out what works best for you (everybody being different and such) and also tell your subconscious in many different ways how important a thing is to you.

It also depends on whether you use a visualisation for deepening or for exiting, like Robert's ROPE.

While affirmations work fine for some, for others they don't. Simply retraining your sleep patterns to become conscious at certain moments by default is not always a good idea. Can mess up your sleep.

Oliver
    well written and I didn't even know it was a tought technique haha thank you for the input perhaps I can go read up on it.

I tried the technique and I got (somewhat delayed) results. What happened is, I had a dream that I remembered vaguely (I think I was remembering a level from Unreal Gold), and then at some point my mind woke up (maybe around 2-3 AM?). I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I think I may have had 2 OBEs in quick succession - I remember getting the feeling to get out of bed, and I did so, cautiously, wondering whether my physical body would actually move or not. It didn't - I could feel getting off the bed and reaching down a leg to touch the floor (carpet) as if to see if it is real, but the leg wasn't a physical one. I got up and walked a bit towards my bedroom door, but in a sort of mind-split sense I guess. I'm not sure about the second (perceived) OBE, but I think I may have briefly achieved astral vision (though from my body - i.e. I could see through closed eyelids for a second or two before my awareness snapped back to the physical body and I opened my physical eyes).

I remember having another dream after the above experience, but in the morning when I woke up I didn't spend enough time affirming it so I lost all the details - I spent too much time affirming what little I could remember from the first dream (castle, basement, water, piranhas). I reached for my dream log and jotted down what I could, then went to the bathroom, and then went back to bed briefly - I had another brief dream which I also remembered partially and wrote down. I finally woke up for real and went about my day, ending up almost being late to school .

One final note - I think the reason the technique is useful is because any sort of statement repetition seems to be a good way to block out thoughts and center the mind. I will try it in the future, since I think repetition is much more potent than breath awareness (it's too easy IMO to fall asleep when doing breath awareness).

Andy

alwayson4 Guest

This works for me It may or may not work for you.

Instead of doing all that climbing down a ladder stuff just simply tell your mind about 15 - 30 times that when you are deep enough you would like to be aware that you are sleeping and or deep enough.

Then just simply fall asleep I always know when i'm asleep and my mind wakes me up when my body is asleep and I can do whatever Cheers.

This is how I projected in the beginning.