Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ohm Mantra in the Astral Plane?

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Ohm Mantra in the Astral Plane?

I had a thought...
    If in the astral plane karma is a little bit more exaggerated, and some meditations require being unspoken, as in, to be heard from within at a certain chakra so it reverberates into the non-physical realms.... what if you did an Ohm or Mah mantra while in the astral plane? Would it manifest a lot more effectively that way? Logically it seems to make sense. I full intend on trying this out the next time I project, though I really don't know what the effects might be... Any thoughts? Anyone?

Blog Entries

Re: Ohm Mantra in the Astral Plane?

I have heard reports that energy work and healing is more effective in the out-of-body-state. I have experiences that energy work is more effective in trance states, though in these cases I would rather correlate this with relaxedness and clarity of focus. And I've heard people report that some think meditation is more effective in dreams - which are an OBE-style experience of their own.

So - I guess the answer is "Quite probably."

Oliver

Blog Entries

Greetings,

I have tried it. I've read "The Daily Lessons" from the Kauai's Hindu Monastery, and they say that the Mantra is pronounced "Aw as in law, oo as in zoo, mmm"
    Each syllable vibrates certain chakras.

While in the astral, chanting this produces profound effects, ripples, vibrations; unexplainable for me. But you can feel its "power" for it invades everything. The chant can become automatic; chanting itself through you. It can produce a deeper trance.

However, it is not a toy and has a purpose. I would suggest deepening the consciousness with the mantra. I wish to learn more of its purpose and apply its lesson into my daily life.

Grant

Timotheus Guest

alwayson4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    I have heard reports that energy work and healing is more effective in the out-of-body-state. Oliver

How can energy work be effective out of body? Any energy work done by the real-time/astral double is useless, as the double is, um, the double!

I think you meant that affirmations, manifestations, magic is more effective out of body

Jaco Guest

But there is a connection between the double and the body. So there might be a possibility of influencing energy body by an astral double. We're talking about thoughts and intentions, right? I think - therefore it is. Might this be right?

Blog Entries

Some people (as in, ahem- me, ) believe that the projectable double is just a more 'dense' gradation of what some call the astral body, and a less dense gradation of what we call the physical body- in other words, it's like saying that the color red is a less fast 'double' of blue light, and that blue light is a faster 'double' of yellow light. In other words, just because we perceive it as separate doesn't mean it is.
    In other words, calling it a double merely brings home the idea that it's closest to the physical, as opposed to the mental body, which is nothing like the physical.
    Of course, that's my opinion.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

alwayson4 Guest

I know that consciousness seeds are transferred to the double during the daily astral wind, and subsequently these seeds are integrated into the energy body, upon resorption of the double (actually this is the whole reason why projection even exists in the first place). And I know some have received empowerments in the astral, which were also subsequently relayed to the energy body.

But I dont know if you can do something on your OWN incentive to the double, which will be relayed to the energy body. That would be very interesting actually.....hacking the double. I mean in theory its possible, because the universe sends in consciousness seed "programs" into the double based on what the double has in it already.

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Is there any limit to what you can do with chants/intentions in the astral?

If they are so powerful, I mean could you seriously upgrade your reality on the physical plane or say even your physical body? Say you wanted a thicker head of hair, wanted to be more muscular, cure an illness, attract wealth, a lover, jumpstart your psychic abilities, etc...

Would this take an incredible amount of power and devotion to accomplish?
    I know this question must sound really superficial, but I was just curious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    But I dont know if you can do something on your OWN incentive to the double, which will be relayed to the energy body. That would be very interesting actually.....hacking the double. I mean in theory its possible, because the universe sends in consciousness seed "programs" into the double based on what the double has in it already.
    I don't think astral double and energy body are really different aspects. This takes the "copy" idea too far, as I personally don't think they are copies. Robert uses the term "copy" to show that the original consciousness never leaves the body "empty" like some magicians believe. I believe consciousness is perfectly capable of being in several "places" at once - in fact I think it always is without creating a real "double".

Robert did not describe karmic seeds to be distributed to the double in specific, as in his writings the double exists only in conscious projections. The seeds are distributed to our higher aspects manifest in our higher energy bodies. He only experienced this process in the state he would describe as being out in the double.

I don't think there is any difference between the aspects of us travelling consciously in other planes and our energy bodies. It is all just a function of being aware. Without a certain level of awareness, no conscious memory is created. This is even true of most of the thoughts you will ever think which go straight into oblivion as far as the conscious mind is concerned, and only influence the unconscious parts of us. You are not more aware of them tomorrow than of your last astral trip you forgot. No "download".

To put it another way: I think at the consciousness level there is not even something like a location. Your consciousness is part of everything and related to everything, it is just selective according to certain rules of what to perceive. That's why people can have samadhi experiences - they just shut down the filters and see things at this level. They couldn't if this wasn't already preexisting, if consciousness wasn't already connected they could not tune into that. "Travelling" in other planes might just be another selection of what we see at the moment - while being all things simultaneously.

That's why I think Robert is perfectly right with "the physical body is never left empty" - it all exists in parallel on different levels. This "my soul goes here and there" type of thinking he disproved with his mind split observations was too much bound to the ideas of time and space - a limited perspective. I don't think there's a double or even two consciousnesses involved in projecting, it's all happening at once to the same consciousness. But as Robert says, and I believe so, too, the brain is like a radio, and even though several experiences bombard it at the same time, you have to mostly stick to one station (remember one experience over another) or sometimes they mix weirdly (mixed "downloads").

I believe Robert provides good abstractions to understand what happens during the projection process. And accurate descriptions of his experiences. I would not subscribe to "this is exactly what happens" but more to "this is an excellent way to understand better what is going on before than in the old model". A map is not what is mapped. A model is not the world.

Oliver