Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

alwayson4 Guest

Re: May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

Um, you dont need to read any books, once you have the light body i.e. have bypassed physicality

Thus the light body is also known as the stage of "No More Learning"

I never claimed to have the light body lolll

alwayson4 Guest

By the way, month long or longer total dark retreats and sungazing are also parts of thogal practice

Perhaps , like with other patterns of development in the human energy body , the rainbow begins in smaller areas of the body preshadowing the rainbow body .

Certainly the chakras are jewel toned centres in rainbow order ; red , orange , yellow , green , blue , indigo , violet .

And tiny chakras of rainbow colours manifest on the bridge and heel of the hands and on the ball and heels of the feet .The stones are rainbow coloured too but in a spiral rather than a linear pattern ascending in this order
    red earth stone of the belly
    orange star stone behind it
    yellow sunstone at the chest
    aqua green mother stone behind the shoulders
    blue moon stone of the head
    purple universal mind stone behind the head

So the average human is rainbow coloured at birth inside the spine of the energy body and they become more rainbow coloured with development lighting up the stones , the limbs and the phalanges et cetera .
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

alwayson4 Guest

I have been trying to figure out how this works.

I do not buy the official explanation about a crystal light "nerve" somehow connecting the eye balls to the heart energy center

Instead, I see that is has to do with auric vision. This is all speculation from this point....but here I go.

If you stare into the cloudless sky, you will see a neon blue band separating, the sky from the earth. This same color appears around us as the human aura. It is also the same color you see if you do the following:

Enter a meditative state.

Stand up, and go to a pitch black room. Wave your fingers in front of you. You will see a collection of blue pinpoints.

Now in the final stages of thogal, the practioner comes face to face with the following situation. And I quote from the "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya"...."the practitioner looks at his fingers on the hands, he or she sees all the fingers wrapped up with lights...."

Sounds like some sort of auric/clairvoyant phenomenon to me.

By the way since I like everyone here, HERE IS A FREE COPY OF "HEART DROPS OF DHARMAKAYA"!!!

http://www.esnips.com/doc/1f5c413e-2880 ... -Tradition)

You can download a permanent pdf copy to your computer via the download link!

Quote Originally Posted by amazingjourney
    I haven't got into reading about these, but my first reaction, and maybe I have missed out something important, was that it only speaks about our body. What about our consciousness? If someone who go in with no prior spiritual awareness and all he does is following the staring of the rainbow, and then achieve the rainbow body (or can he?) , what about his consciousness? Does it automatically raise to the high consciousness of the divine?
    I assume there are prerequisites before this practice?
    hello sir

your queston is complicated, only a verified teacher of the dharma can truly answer it but I can try my best.

by "body" this does not talk about the physical body at all, by light body it actually IS consciousness, pure consciousness,

and there is no raising of consciousness to the divine. the divine is here, now, ever-present. buddhism is about taking away, not raising or gaining anything, its like a really powerful laser that you point in the right direction (with the right view and the right teacher) and then it burns away ignorance until all that remains is the pure natural state, or light body, or Dharmakaya, or emptiness, or God, whatever you want to call it. these are all just words and concepts.. ideas. ideas can not bring you to the truth, truth is beyond ideas and words.

the methods of buddhism are ment to show you the natural, pure, and true state of consciousness.

yes, there are prerequisites. these are meant to eliminate selfish point of view and put you on the right path to finding your true nature. you can walk for eternity but unless you are walking in the right direction you will not find the destination.

you must develop bodhichitta (compassion for all beings) and understanding of emptiness (non-duality), dependent origination (interconnectedness), and no-self (no individual, seperate, permanent self exists). everything is compounded, connected, and dependent.

this is Buddhism 101, you gotta have the foundation first before you build the house. its all about having the Right View. this enables you to go beyond concepts, desires, and delusions. if you don't have the right view it doesn't matter what you do, you will still be in delusion. an example is how everyone wants to have an out of body experience only for selfish reasons and with the wrong view (that they are a separate and ultimately real individual, and that whatever you encounter is real) as a result many people only fall further into delusion because they think that they have discovered some new frontier with more individual and existing 'entities' and that all these mythological beings are real. this is very exciting for the deluded ego. anyone with an understanding of buddhism will see how this is false since the wrong view only spirals you further into samsara and suffering.

by the way, a really important point that was missed here is that the practice mentioned is part of the Dzogchen path of the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism. but all 4 schools have the higher teachings, the other schools have Mahamudra, which has different methods but the result is the same. the path is completely dependent on a student-teacher relationship, you can not learn Dzogchen through books. the reason is that the teacher 'opens you up' to your primordial natural state, and once you have recognized it, you find it again through such practices as thogal. so find a teacher. the teacher literally directly introduces you to your true and purest nature. how great is that?

Also nobody starts out with Thogal, this is an extremely advanced practice. it's like giving a fighter jet to a 5 year old. There is a retreat center in upstate NY that has a 7 year program (one month per summer) where you learn Dzogchen. the site is here http://retreat.palyul.org/ the first 3 years are dedicated to preliminary practices.

you start off with ngondro which are prostrations (kills pride and inspires motivation and devotion) and visualizations connecting you to your teacher and purifying you of psychological imbalances. then you do Tummo (fierce woman) which is inner heat yoga, similar to Kundalini. the realizaton here is the union of emptiness and bliss, and further purification. only after do you learn Trekchod and Thogal, the practices of Dzogchen. its a commitment but well worth it. personally I find the tibetan path to be the most advanced and complete out there, and with the least risk of falling off the path

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0range
    but anyone with an understanding of buddhism will see how this is false since . the wrong view only spirals you further into samsara and suffering.
    If you assume Buddhism got it perfectly right and no other view exists.

Oliver

hi Korpo

all wisdom traditions point to the same non-dual truth, Buddhism just explains it better in my experience. check out the works of Ken Wilber, he's done a great job in researching all traditions and showing what they all have in common. the three state of consciousness gross (physical), subtle (astral,OBE), causal (formless) but it is the non-dual or 4th state that pervades all 3 and unless you have knowledge of this 4th state and understand that is your true nature, you can get easily sucked in to the 3 states and claim them as your home.

Blog Entries

In my experience Buddhism as a belief system and system of techniques has advantages and disadvantages as any other belief system. If you want, you can define its singlemindedness, its focus on a singular goal, as advantage.

Then again, I found as many ego-bound practitioners in Buddhism so far as I would expect in other traditions. There are many traps in Buddhism, too, and if I would try to find a reason why this is so it is possibly the intellectual appeal of its doctrine. I found this attracts many people who practice the word and only the word of Buddhism, an intellectual Buddhism, and supposedly (who knows in the end?) going nowhere soon, as they get trapped in a mental sphere just as much as anyone else, but this time enabled by Buddhist doctrine.

In the end I believe that Buddhism as any other religion, doctrine, spiritual idea or inspiration does good and harm, but more good than harm. Then again, I believe there is massive evolutionary potential in astral projection just the same, if one has the intent to do so. It is not more ego-bound than other approaches. There is a rare few who actually sit down for their first meditation and have non-egoic motives.

Oliver

alwayson4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 0range
    alwayson,

there is a good communty here that might interest you
    http://www.lioncity.net/buddhism/

do you have a Dzogchen teacher that you correspond with? where do you live?

You cannot talk about secret practices on that forum. They banned my IP address because of this

There are no Dzogchen teachers where I live.

There are something like 9 separate levels of Buddhism, from the Theravada / Hinayana all the way up to Dzogchen. They use many of the same terms, but they define those terms differently at each level. Bodhichitta is one of those terms that has caused me the most confusion. At the Mahayana Buddhism level it refers to the desire to obtain Buddhahood for the purpose of liberating all sentient (having sense-perception) beings. At the Vajrayana level, Bodhichitta can actually refer to Kundalini in the form of "drops" of energy flowing through the channels of the energy body - and some author really confused me by saying that although Bodhichitta is vital to attaining Buddhahood, without the proper preparation Bodhichitta can kill the practitioner. At the Dzogchen level, there is a tendency to define the term Bodhichitta in terms of what it literally means - Bodhi, meaning wisdom or enlightenment, combined with chitta, meaning mind-stuff. Your Bodhichitta is the core of your being which is already enlightened and cannot be trapped in Samsara. Activating Bodhichitta in this case is connecting with that basic level of sanity and allowing it to act on your entire being. You can argue that it isn't really necessary to activate or generate Bodhichitta from the point of view of this level, because an interest in doing so means that your Bodhichitta is already active and working through you. From a Christian point of view, you might refer to it as having Christ or the Holy Spirit in your heart, working through you. Jesus has often been quoted as saying that the Kingdom of God is within each of us. In any case, once you have identified the part of you which has always been sane, centered, and grounded, the important thing is to keep coming back to this until the habit is firmly established.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast