Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

alwayson4 Guest

Re: May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

Bodhichitta is for AFTER you have direct experience into emptiness.

Once you KNOW there is no absolute self, you kind of lose all motivation.....thats when bodhichitta comes into play.

Using the bodhichitta, you fuel yourself towards Buddhahood via either kundalini (mahamudra completion stage) or thogal or both.

alwayson,

please cite a valid teacher that says bodhichitta is only for after you have direct experience of emptiness

Quote Originally Posted by 0range
    alwayson,

please cite a valid teacher that says bodhichitta is only for after you have direct experience of emptiness
    There are two levels of Bodhichitta, relative and absolute. Relative Bodhichitta is the one that wants to obtain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings. Absolute Bodhichitta is where Emptiness shows that truly there are no sentient beings there to lead to Enlightenment. In order to have Absolute Bodhichitta it is necessary to perceive Emptiness.

Blog Entries

I consider Tom to be a valid source, for whatever it's worth.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

alwayson4 Guest

Back to my speculation....

It seems to me, that thogal is about seeing into the regular blue human aura, and dividing it out into the rainbow spectrum.

This is just my speculation....

I hope everyone reads the third chapter of that book I gave ya, and gives me their opinion. The topic of thogal keeps me awake sometimes

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche
    (C) 1992 by Rigpa Fellowship
    HarperSanFrancisco
    ISBN 0-06-250793-1

p.167

Only when the master has determined that you have a thorough grounding in the practice of Trekchö will he or she introduce you to the advanced practice of Tögal. The Tögal practitioner works directly with the Clear Light that dwells inherently, "spontaneously present," within all phenomena, using specific and exceptionally powerful exercises to reveal it within himself or herself.

Tögal has a quality of instantaneousness, of immediate realization. Instead of traveling over a range of mountains to reach a distank peak, the Tögal approach would be to leap there in one bound. The effect of Tögal is to enable a person to actualize all the different aspects of enlightenment within themselves in one lifetime.(7) Therefore it is regarded as the extraordinary, unique method of Dzogchen; whereas Trekchö is its wisdom, Tögal is its skillful means. It requires enormous discipline, and is generally practiced in a retreat environment.

p. 398

(7) Through the practice of Tögal, an accomplished practitioner can realize the three kayas in one lifetime (see chapter 21, "The Universal Process"). This is the Fruition of Dzogchen.

yup Tom,

what i was getting to was the relative bodhichitta, which is necessary as a foundation. there's no point in even speculating about advanced practices when the right aim isn't there. i.e. let's mentally masturbate over ideas and concepts.

The Words of My Perfect Teacher by Patrul Rinpoche p219

"Both the intention and application aspects are relative bodhicitta. Through traning for a long time in relative bodhicitta on the paths of accumulating and joining, you come at last to the path of seeing, where you have the real experience of thusness, the natural state of all things. This is the wisdom beyond all elaboration, the truth of emptiness. At that time you arouse absolute bodhicitta."

alwayson4 Guest

Some people here....cough...me...have experienced both types of bodhichitta.

I also practice thogal as much as I can.

Blog Entries

Moderation Notice

0range, I removed your post. It was too way over the top rude to stay here. This is an official warning.

Given your past conduct towards others, I was actually betting you would post something like you did.

Oliver

alwayson4 Guest

Has everyone tried looking at their hands in the dark?

An easy way I have found, is wake up in the middle of the night, walk into a pitch black closet, and then wave your fingers in front of your face.

Sleeping partially is an easy way of getting into a psychic state.

If you do this, you will see pinpoints of blue light representing your fingers

It really is a cool thing and may be related to this whole thogal thing.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast