Thread: Emotions during lucid dreaming

Mekhet Guest

Emotions during lucid dreaming

Hello! I've only recently realized that I usually lucid dream, like, every morning. That time when you are not awake nor sleeping, when you can choose to return to your dream, knowing it's a dream? I think it's lucid dreaming right? Sometimes when I shift position in bed, if I really try, I can resume whatever dream I was having.

However, when you break that barrier of awareness, don't you lose the magic and spontaneous trait of the dream? It happens to me all the time, I don't want to know I'm dreaming, I just want to dream and let the dream take it's natural course. I don't want to be in charge. I once tried to resume a dream by consciously making someone appear, but it didn't feel natural. Maybe this has to do with the subconscious? When you are aware of the dream the subsconscious manifestation is dulled.

So, first, this is LDing right? Do you feel the same when you realise you can manipulate your environment at will? We many times talk about lucid dreaming itself, and difference between dreams, but I don't know if we ever talk of the transition and the emotions inherent to it.

Blog Entries

Re: Emotions during lucid dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhet
    Hello! I've only recently realized that I usually lucid dream, like, every morning. That time when you are not awake nor sleeping, when you can choose to return to your dream, knowing it's a dream? I think it's lucid dreaming right? Sometimes when I shift position in bed, if I really try, I can resume whatever dream I was having.
    Lucid dreaming is knowing you're dreaming. If you can go back in and control the dream it would be called WILD, or Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming.

However, when you break that barrier of awareness, don't you lose the magic and spontaneous trait of the dream?
    You do, but some systems postulate that lucidity is a natural progression of consciousness cultivation- so just because you can control dreams doesn't mean you have to- after all your subconscious is the conduit for the message- what you do with it is up to you.

I don't want to know I'm dreaming, I just want to dream and let the dream take it's natural course.
    Here's some food for thought- have you considered that dreams don't always have a natural conclusion? In other words, depending on what part of the cycle you dream (and you dream almost all night long, whether you remember or not, and this includes non-REM phases of sleep). When you dream at the last part of the sleep phases (At the last part of the second four-hour phase) you naturally wake and have more chances of becoming lucid, so that in the case of the last two hours, lucidity is a natural part of waking up. So if you only become lucid at those times, don't worry- you have been dreaming nonlucidly for most of the night anyway.

So, first, this is LDing right? Do you feel the same when you realise you can manipulate your environment at will? We many times talk about lucid dreaming itself, and difference between dreams, but I don't know if we ever talk of the transition and the emotions inherent to it.
    No, you don't feel the same because you are using a different part of your brain (and some would say your mind), when you experience the dream. But the message, if there is one, is there, and you can remember it and try to figure it out; and then, if you wish, you can influence it. After all, after some development, you find that you learn to control your environment, whether you want to or not. And if you're going to, it's better to do it the right and responsible way, IMO.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Mekhet Guest

Thanks for the heads-up I think the main thing here is "you control IF you want to". That magic sensation is still there if I choose not to interfere. So great! And thanks.

ranlinra13 Guest

Dear Mekhet

There is a difference in your Brain waves with some Lucid Dreams and the Conscious Dreaming that you are speaking about.

Lucid Dreaming could occur in your sleep state when your Alpha and Theta brain waves occur simultaneously. But in most Lucid Dreams (information from experience, working with others and confirming with some sleep study information online) occur with the Alpha and Delta brain waves occuring simultaneously. This is why many people experience partial Lucidity, then a feeling in the dream like they are drugged, then conscious again.

Conscious Dreaming or Journeying also occurs when you consciously re-enter a dream. This also occurs with the Alpha and Theta brain waves. With experience, some journeys could go into the Alpha and Delta - but you should be approached with caution that "disconnect" does not occur and you have "made an agreement" to come back to physical reality.

With conscious dreaming you do have control - but not completely. If you would chose to follow someone into a space that you are not "allowed" or have "payment (experience), then you will not be able to go into that space.
    Or you will find your focus come away from those paths that you are not allowed to follow - so you think that you are in complete control - but there are some limitations in this space as well.

Some limitations are Higher Self imposed to keep you safe.

The beauty of the imagination and the giving of Spirit is still there in Conscious dreaming - ask your Higher Self or a guide to show you that it still holds the magic of the unknown. You will know that it is something new and not of yourself - if it does not follow your normal thinking patterns.

Mekhet Guest

Now that you mention it, I do remember a dream where I wasn't allowed somewhere. It is the only one I remember, and speaking of emotions, it was very strange... Perhaps I can take the chance to explain why?

Simply put, I was a really large wolf in a house (with red walls and no furniture) with someone else. I felt more me in the wolfshape then I usually feel in my own self. More comfortable. (one strange emotion, and I truly believe it's one of the things that made me remember this dream). I also felt extremely protective and powerful, except there was a room in the house, a dark room, where I couldn't enter. And it was really strange because I felt so good about myself. As a wolf.

This dream is a perfect example (for me) of emotions during a conscious dream. I've read about changing shape in the astral realm, but I don't think this was it, it felt too natural and "at home" for me. And it didn't cost any resources for me to mantain (since I believe it was a first timer). I'm puzzled by this dream, I haven't found out what it means (if anything) ever since. And it's been, like, two years.

EDIT: I actually remember the circumstances that made me feel so protective about that person, but logically it would make me feel protective about other two people, and I remembered testing it in my dream, and I didn't feel the same way about them. Also, I was aware of the dream, and being used to manipulate dreams to some extent, I was puzzled as to why I couldn't enter the dark room. Especially feeling that powerful.

ranlinra13 Guest

Mekhet,

Feeling good about being in a particular shape is wonderful and may just be letting you know that it is a powerful dream form for you in your journeys. So, I would use it more and build the relationship with wolf energy.

The dark room may belong to someone else - and trying to get in without permission could be violating the Universal Law of Privacy. (but I'm not feeling this as the reason)

There also may be something dangerous, or some painful side of yourself, hiding in the dark that you may not quite be ready to see or handle. So forcing into the room could hurt you.

You could find out more about the space to determine why you cant go in by asking a guide to join you. Maybe a Black Panther since the room is black - or Crow - or Raven. Ask if they could safely go into the dark room and let you know why you cannot go into there. I would only ask the guide to go into the space if they could safely return from the dark space. Another thing that you may do is see if you could go to a special viewing room within the dream to view what is in the room without having your energy mix with that or who is in the room. Also, ask what powers or lessons that you need to learn in order to go into the space.

I do ask that you not force your way in there until the correct time. In my classes, I share with my students the time that I saw a fiery cave and knew not to enter because of something dangerous. I shared my dream with a friend who also journeys. He thought it would be fun to go in there - I warned him not to. He did then told me in physical life that he went in but got stuck and a part of him was left inside. So, I packed up some tools in dream and went in for "soul retrieval". He then was able to leave - I was not. Rule of that space - one in one out. So, I spent 6 months trapped in that space. My physical body became weaker because a dream body was missing for so long. I finally with much effort and help was able to destroy the cave and escape, but my dream body could not yet be integrated back into me because of how weak it was. I had to heal the dream body then join back with her.

So, great dream with Wolf - be careful of dark forbidding places.

Thank you for sharing.

Mekhet Guest

Wow, I never realized it. Thanks so much for shedding some light in this, finally! It's been puzzling me for eons. I haven't had the dream ever since, but I might just not remember it, I guess. But how do I work with Wolf exactly? I'm not an astral traveler, or much of a consious dreamer, most of them are WILDs. How do I learn more about it? I even tried searching the net for wolf figures but found nothing.

ranlinra13 Guest

Dear Mekhet,

I think that conscious dreaming is a lot like if not the same as WILDS.

Ted Andrews has a wonderful book - "Animal Speak" to learn more about animals. But I would build a personal relationship with wolf. Find a Totem (a statue or picture) of wolf to bring the energy of wolf close to you.

You could create a dream space - it could look exactly like your bedroom - that way you know every part of that space and invite wolf in. Study the color of your wolf - look at his/her eyes. Study the body the looks the smells how he feels. Then practice transforming into the wolf and walking around your bedroom - all in that in between sleep and awake state - or similar to the WILDS.