Thread: Astral Projection#4 - "Light as a feather, Stiff as a board"

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Astral Projection#4 - "Light as a feather, Stiff as a board"

Astral Projection #4 - Successful Attempt - October 29 2008
    Note: I skipped ahead with the brainwave generator, and this particular session wasn't one of my official MAP sessions. I was originally going to take a nap for an hour so I would be rested later for when I did my regular MAP routine. Lately I have been too tired by the time I do the MAP routine and have not been getting the most out of my sessions. So this was just going to be a "warm up" so I did not properly prepare for this session...

At around 8pm I went to take a nap, but then decided last minute to listen to the 60 min Exit Training CD I had made using the brainwave generator. The CD only has an hour of sound on it so I had to continue without it once the CD ended. At the end of the CD I was in a trance deep enough that I had limited sensation in my extremities, but still full movement. It took me about another hour to strengthen the trance enough to get vibrations. As soon as the vibrations came I had no problem letting them sweep over my body. As soon at it finished its course I felt as though my energy body was sinking into the bed. When I fell out underneath my physical body I could now see and I was still in my room but I noticed some reality distortions.

I made the mistake of doing this completely in the dark in the basement, so the ambience was very creepy. The only light was the one window which was on the other end of the basement. I wasn’t sure what to do at this point because like one of my other projections I was still paralyzed, but when I tried to make any kind of movement my energy body would just slide forward or backward, still laying flat. It reminded me of “light as a feather, stiff as a board.” I could only levitate myself forward or backward. Eventually I slide myself forward off of the bed but I still didn’t have full control of my body I was still laying horizontally. As I slide off the bed I floated lightly downward and managed to steer my body enough that I ended up at the other side of the basement facing the window.

I felt very dizzy and uncomfortable. The fear in me continued to grow. I tried to keep myself calm, but I felt extremely vulnerable. For some reason the window was closer to the ground, normally there is a washing machine under the window but it was so dark I don’t even know if I was on the ground. I am assuming I was on the ground because the whole time I I could hear and feel my underside scrape against the floor anytime I would move forward or backward. The floor itself sounded like metal with ridges. I tried really hard to make it out of the window and then I tried to imagine myself somewhere else but nothing was happening. It was weird because when I moved forward I could feel like I was moving very fast, and I could hear /feel my underside sliding also very fast but the window stayed the same size. So I got really frustrated. I could not get out of the window or do much of anything. I was having a harder time keeping myself calm. Eventually after sliding back and forth in the dark and never getting anywhere I managed to move my physical body and it snapped me right back into the physical reality.

Afterwards I felt extremely disoriented, almost to the point that I felt sick. I was very lightheaded, sweaty, and shook up from the experience. I have mixed feelings about this whole experience. Was I supposed to do something once I left my body to gain control of myself or did I just not have enough energy?

Blog Entries

Re: Astral Projection#4 - "Light as a feather, Stiff as a board"

I'm not sure it was an energy problem but it sure does sound like it. Did the projection happen while you had the bb.s running, or directly afterwards?
    I used to have uncontrolled projections like that and found that energy work helped the control problem, but position also plays a part in my ability to disengage. A flat surface makes me tense up, making me more prone to bilocation and that 'board' tension feeling. That's why I favor the recliner. Avoids that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Psychonaut1984 Guest

The projection happened about an hour after the brainwave generator was done. Like I said I only had 60 minutes of it on a cd. So when the cd finished I had to rebuild the trance a little bit and then try to go deeper. I didn't get any vibrations or exit sensations for at least 30-60 minutes after the cd ended. When I finally did, it came very sudden, out of the blue, and very fast. I didn't feel like I tensed up at all, I was already extremely relaxed at that point and couldn't feel most of my body. The vibrations just swept over me, and I just sort of "plopped" out into another dimension. I really felt like my energy body fell out from underneath my physical body, only when I did come out I was in the same position but in the RTZ.

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Actually the more I think about it...
    Is it possible that I never exited my body, I was hallucinating that I was moving, and I possibly missed the exit the way Mr. Bruce talks about in the book? I think that would explain the paralysis and why I felt so heavy/couldn't move normally. The sensations that preceded the paralysis were very intense,they full body vibrations along with a sensation that my energy body was squished out the underside of my physical body. So maybe I was just experiencing the subtle energy body duplication. The last time I exited my body I exited with those same sensations, but I think I skipped the paralysis phase.

Blog Entries

I actually talked to Robert once about my (then new) propensity to project while still in-body- he told me I was having an 'astral' astral projection while bilocating. I liken this to 'bringing the astral environment to me, instead of me going to it'- and I think that it is caused partly by some discomfort and also at the propensity of the human mind to adapt to it's environment, and accept it. So now instead of experiencing simultaneous experiences serially, you start experiencing simultaneously- however, there are just so many ways the brain can represent this- hence the 'plank' effect.
    I've had projections in which I bring my entire bed to the experience, or sometimes my recliner.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I actually talked to Robert once about my (then new) propensity to project while still in-body- he told me I was having an 'astral' astral projection while bilocating. I liken this to 'bringing the astral environment to me, instead of me going to it'- and I think that it is caused partly by some discomfort and also at the propensity of the human mind to adapt to it's environment, and accept it. So now instead of experiencing simultaneous experiences serially, you start experiencing simultaneously- however, there are just so many ways the brain can represent this- hence the 'plank' effect.
    I've had projections in which I bring my entire bed to the experience, or sometimes my recliner.
    Oh... Wow, see I had several experiences just like that back in high school. At the time I didn't know anything about astral projecting, it always haunted me because I never knew what was happening and now you just described exactly what I experienced. I'm going to admit, that these things occurred while I was under the influence of a certain psychoactive substance. I never understood because when I would describe my experiences to other people but no one would be able to relate because what I experienced was not typical of the effects for this particular drug.
    Anyway, I was laying on my bed and all of a sudden I blacked out and woke up on this persons front lawn on the otherside of town. I know exactly where it is. I used walk past it frequently. I was completely stunned and confused because I thought maybe I blacked out and wandered across town. Then I noticed someone walking their dog, but they didn't seem to notice me. I looked down and my bed was still there, but it was on top of the lawn. I knew I couldn't have just moved the bed across town. Before I could really react, my surroundings changed and I was paralyzed looking at several reflections of myself, like a mirrored coffin. Then several seconds later I was back in my bed.
    This experience really puzzled me for years. I also noticed that when I would take this substance, if I was near a speaker or the computer while I was coming up I would often hear what seemed like thousands of voices calling to me for help, usually crying or sounding like they were in some kind of despair. It was really disturbing. I grew mildy addicted to this substance off and on, and after awhile it brought me to a really low vibrational state. I used to do it specifically because I would have these experiences but I never knew that I was actually astral projecting.