I agree with ranlinra's post, but I would also like to add that there is a possibility that you actually did encounter a powerful force in your dream. If you think that "a woman scorned" is a powerful force to recon with, then what would happen if you had thousands of them all thinking the same thing!

You may have encountered the collective thought form of all those people out there who think Obama is the next messiah! This thoughtform is in conflict with yours (which I happen to agree with), so of course it will not feel very good when these two energies "bump heads"

The coldness that you felt I believe is significant - when I encounter true negativity (not just someone doing something wrong) in my dreams - their touch - their look - their inner power feels cold - like dry ice or something painful to touch.
I have encountered that. It chills right to the core, and fast, unlike something physically cold which takes time to get at your core. It took time for me to learn what it really was.

So, action - what kind of actions can we take. We could return to beyond meditative state - to that conscious dreaming state - Alpha and Theta or Alpha and Delta state and send good energy to Obama for right choice - send good energy to the People of the United States to see truth. Send good energy to Mother Earth to support us during these changes. Bring the light - the awareness of the light to the situation and beyond to expand out like ripples in a pond so that even what we cannot see could be healed.
Two thumbs up! (I wish we had an icon like that)