Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What do you read at the moment?

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Re: What do you read at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I need to get some 'fun' reading material.
    Gehenna tells me I do too. The vast majority of what I read is informational or practical development type stuff... I'm just no fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I need to get some 'fun' reading material.
    Gehenna tells me I do too. The vast majority of what I read is informational or practical development type stuff... I'm just no fun.
    Well, as a kid I used to read 1,000 pagers about the history of the Italian city states in the Renaissance, the colonial history of England or the WW2. If I was not reading a comic book, it was usually a brick out of the history department.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Well, as a kid I used to read 1,000 pagers about the history of the Italian city states in the Renaissance, the colonial history of England or the WW2. If I was not reading a comic book, it was usually a brick out of the history department.

Oliver
    Hee hee I used to have a kid's encyclopedia about greek mythology that was in the outside wall of the bathroom in a tiny bookcase. It was my bathroom reading material.
    I was way more cultured at 12 than I am now. Nowadays I get my mythology from watching Billy and Mandy cartoons.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Hah, that's awesome... I used to read the encyclopedia a lot as a kid. I also got in trouble a lot in elementary school for reading when I wasn't supposed to be.

Epic geekery FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by DAN
    I can't get enough of Dean Koontz. Velocity has been the best so far followed by Fear Nothing
    From the Corner of His Eye is by far my favorite, followed by Twilight Eyes and Watchers.

I'm a big Dean Koontz fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    I used to read the encyclopedia a lot as a kid. Epic geekery FTW!
    I think I may have you beat. When I was a kid I used to read the dictionary.

I have always been fascinated with words. In English anyway, I have no passion for German.

AmbientSound Guest

I'm (sporadically) reading Relaxing into your Being, by Kumar Frantzis. He is one of the first Westerners to be taught qi gong by a Taoist Immortal. The book has exercises for the Taoist water method of meditation. So far I like what I have read and the exercises are great for stilling the mind and increasing awareness. I also have volume 2 of the series, The Great Stillness. I actually bought the 2nd volume first but wanted to read the first volume before starting the 2nd. I'm also in the middle of Crack in the Cosmic Egg by Joseph Pearce, which is a few decades old but worth a read. It's about how we write the rules of our own reality. Very interesting.

Blog Entries

AmbientSound - these are good books. Interestingly enough theosophy and this school of Daoism seem to have similar ideas about the energy bodies. I read his books first, though, and only starting to touch upon theosophy.

ATM I am reading a Seth book - "The Nature of Personal Reality". It's about beliefs and belief systems and how they create the reality we are experiencing. So far it's good, but hard to read. I also have "The Nature of the Psyche" by Seth waiting to be read, too.

Oliver

I also have "The Nature of the Psyche" by Seth waiting to be read, too.

Oliver
    It's hardly waiting; it's letting me read it.

I like the information Seth gives on dreams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    It's hardly waiting; it's letting me read it.
    It told me something else! I think this book is playing us off against each other! Sneaky!

Oliver

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast