Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Energy work and physical effects

Blog Entries

Re: Energy work and physical effects

An easy way to ground is to take any energy you find after cleaning up and move it down below the feet. Doing cleansing work tends to reactivate energies that have been stagnant within blockages and now start acting up again. These energetic residues need to be neutralised or grounded in order to not impact you negatively (again).

The "pinkies", like all other toes and fingers, are termination points of meridian lines. These major energy lines are related to the health of your 12 major organs. I could not unearth which these are for the pinkies, but Mantak Chia lists an exercise in "Iron Shirt Chi Kung" called "Holding the Golden Urn" which employes the pinkie finger/toe lines and actually activates the connection between them. There is a connection between both pinkie fingers and toes, so it is no wonder they feel blocked to you just the same.

The tiredness probably just means that your body is busy flushing toxins. In the beginning that is usually a substantial amount, but when your body has done that you feel so well. I don't think that is directly related to energy storage capacity. There is a limit that grows over time for how much cleansing your body can take. When you go over it you start to feel feverish, inflammed, tired, exhausted, and so on. By recognising this when it happens you learn when it is wiser to stop, and over time also start stopping before it happens. Then you reach your personal comfort zone of energy work, where side effects lessen and you can work without inducing tiredness. There might be times when you make a big step forward or deal with a deeper issue where you have to find this balance again, but once you learn how to recognise your limits, it gets easier to regulate.

Take good care,
    Oliver

Ah. This thread answered a lot of the questions I had about the physical effects of some energy work I've been doing (not NEW, but similar, I think). Thank you, especially Korpos! Everyone I had asked about this other places didn't seem to think I should feel any physical effects or attributed it to something else entirely. I practice fairly infrequently and not very long at one time so I haven't noticed anything nearly as drastic as you describe, Mekhet (so far just a sore wrist), but I wanted to let you know that I've been feeling physical aftereffects that I'm sure are from the energy work itself, not muscle fatigue or some sort of injury.

--Kelsey
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Mekhet Guest

Hey violet! Well, eventually my "symptoms" subsided, but I'm still searching for medical advice. I have a strong suspition of some bone problems, especially joints, so no wonder my whole body gave me a woppin. Either way, my back seems actually better after all of this, and since I've started exercising my energy body, I think I'm developing a better body awareness which allows me to keep my back tension in check (I relax my shoulders and upper back VERY often along the day, and back pain seems to be lower, and most of the time completely gone). Although I still get a little tired which might indicate low muscle strength, so some exercise is still on my plans.

Hi Mekhet,

Thanks for the update! I haven't done any energy work in a while (and also have not had a sore wrist in a while), but I'll see what happens when I get back to it.

--Kelsey
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."