Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Single Most Effective Energy Body Exercise

alwayson4 Guest

Re: Single Most Effective Energy Body Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    It seems simple enough, if we didn't need them, we wouldn't have them.

We don't have spirit guides.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    Catch basket concept means that if somebody met their spirit guide, this has been proven true by their own experience. Not having the experience, however, does not disprove anything. You cannot prove with negatives unless you exhausted all cases.

You would find that a good deal of people can report having met spirit guides or having made contact to them.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell
    It seems simple enough, if we didn't need them, we wouldn't have them.

Do you mean "I don't believe in spirit guides, therefore I don't believe we have spirit guides"?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Fish Guest

I met mine on the verge of a projection, when you meet yours there will be no doubt in your mind that is who they are.

alwayson4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Catch basket concept means that if somebody met their spirit guide, this has been proven true by their own experience. Not having the experience, however, does not disprove anything. You cannot prove with negatives unless you exhausted all cases.

You would find that a good deal of people can report having met spirit guides or having made contact to them.

Oliver

In PPSD, it talks about negs masquerading as spirit guides. I do not deny people are contacting spirits. I deny the fact these spirits are guides.

Furthermore there are TWO main points of the Catch Basket article.

a) Base belief system on truth

b) That you have access to all information and guidance through your Higher Self through journaling. It described how to do this as follows

Keep a journal. You write an entry in the journal pertaining to the subject you want to learn more about. You put down what you know for sure. You leave blank areas and questions for what you do not know. You go to bed. You wake up and flesh out your entry with the new knowledge you have gained overnight. Repeat. You may also get hit with knowledge in the middle of the day, if you do this.

I would read the original article if anyone wants to try this.

Blog Entries

In PPSD, it talks about negs masquerading as spirit guides. I do not deny people are contacting spirits. I deny the fact these spirits are guides.
    Yes, but you have nothing to base that on.

It is actually in accordance with the catch basket concept that there are several people on this site who believe in spirit guides because it matches their actual experience, be it in or out of body. They experienced the presence of guiding spirits who acted in accordance with their Higher Selves, acted as out-of-body teachers, counsels and helpers. In fact there is a big enough body of accounts where people relate similar things - the presence of well-intending out-of-body helpers - that actually the probability that there are such helpers and guides is comparatively high.

So, for these people the following requirement of the catch basket concept is fulfilled:

Base belief system on truth
    But in fact, "experience" would be more accurate. "Experience" and "truth" are not identical, not without a perfect observer to begin with. So it would be more accurate to say that the catch basket concept is defined by "basing your belief system on your own experiences".

This does not make these beliefs true, just more likely to be true. Things that are not verified by experience are not automatically untrue, in fact they just remain "unproven" or "unvalidated" until they either happen or are proven wrong by exclusion of all other cases.

So, the catch basket concept is a helpful tool, but success is neither guaranteed nor does it automatically yield truth. It just helps easing the process to get closer to truth.

And finally, it has never been proven nor disproven that all people have the exact same circumstance, similar guides, similar ways to contact guiding spirits, etc. The fact that someone does not perceive a guide might mean either

* that person has none (but others might), or
    * that person has beliefs that skew their perception, or
    * one or more guides exist but have reasons not to act directly, or
    * there are no guides at all.

Again, the last statement is highly unlikely given the credible accounts that state otherwise.

In the catch basket concept article Robert himself states that he found no personal experience that would prove to him that he had a personal guide. That does not disprove the existence of personal guides or of guides in general. It just is the plain statement that Robert has no experience of that. If he choses to believe afterward there is no such thing as a personal guide then that's just a conscious choice Robert makes for himself.

Given what I just said I see no actual proof against guides, just your personal claim that you don't believe in them. A belief might coincide with a fact, but need not.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Which is why I said, it would be better to say "I do not believe in guides, therefore I don't believe there are spirit guides", instead of "There are no spirit guides". Lot simpler and closer to what we have the ability to figure out.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

alwayson4 Guest

Yes, but you have nothing to base that on.

Oliver

You have nothing to base that they are truly your guides and have your best interests at heart. Maybe in some instances, maybe even in 75% of the cases, but definitely not all.

Blog Entries

But unlike you, I did not claim that. I did not claim "We all have spirit guides." or "Everyone has spirit guides." I just find your statement to be highly likely to be untrue.

I operate under the assumption that we either have guides or there are guides available if we need them. Both assumptions seem to be regularly validated all around. The gains far outweigh any possible risks.

What you are suggesting is that people should stay away from any spirit because they have no means to determine whether the spirit is good or bad (you said that before when you stated you refuse to talk to anything below a deity). That is the equivalent of refusing to speak to any person in around you because they might lie to you. That would make social behaviour impossible, and is extreme. I don't believe it is remotely necessary or a good reaction in the long run.

As when in body out of body everybody has at least their own discernment who is trustworthy or not, based on common sense, clues, hints and other impressions. Out of body there might be actually additional clues, including being capable to establish the identity of a spirit by recognition of what Monroe would call the "indent", or a general impression of the other's energy.

So, with time and experience there are multiple tools available to indentify who is friendly and who not, and a set of inner senses develops helping to establish which beings are friendly and how highly developed they are. I would actually say it is impossible to develop such senses without interacting with other spirit beings first. Similarly I believe there is a "sense of truth" or intuition that develops over time that helps gauge how closely something resembles truth. Again, this needs to be learned and exercised.

Assuming that spirits in general are not trustworthy on the other hand totally excludes this possibility. This also removes one primary source of information about the place one is in in the planes and sharply limits one ability to learn. Monroe, Moen and Leland for example did not chose this approach, their results seem to suggest they did the right thing.

Oliver

alwayson4 Guest

What you are suggesting is that people should stay away from any spirit because they have no means to determine whether the spirit is good or bad Oliver

I do indeed suggest that.

Let us say somehow, you determine a particular spirit is INDEED good.

My mom (still alive) is a good spirit, but in terms of life advice.....well there is something that is lacking, and that is putting it mildly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast