I decided to condense all my astral projection/OBE logs into one continuous post.

First Astral Projection - July 13, 2008
Hello,
My name is Matt. I'm from northern New Jersey. I just registered on the forum. I'm on my 5th day of the 90 day Astral Projection course.

I'm 23, I actually just had my first intentional projection in July and thats what ultimately lead me to explore this particular route. Since then I've been so intrigued by the experience I can't wait to do it again...

Its kind of weird how I had my first experience because while I am very spiritual and into a lot of things that deal with the metaphysical, I guess I didn't really think it was something that I would be capable of doing under normal circumstances. Anyway one day I was watching this video by this Taoist guru Wan Qi and someone commented about it saying that they achieve projections very easily via sleep paralysis... This sparked my interest because I am very familiar with sleep paralysis.I'm also somewhat experienced with lucid dreaming... Around that time I found the Astral Dynamics website and continued reading as much as I could about astral projection and then by some freak chance over the course of the following few weeks I ended up waking up with sleep paralysis.

As soon as I realized that I was having sleep paralysis I remembered what that person said. In the past sleep paralysis is almost always a horrific experience for me but for some reason because I knew I didn't have to stay in my body I just put all my focus on leaving my body and remained calm. I kind of just lifted my hands out, even though I couldn't see them, then I just "yanked" my upper body forward. I was really skeptical at first, and wasn't even sure that I was out of my body... I actually thought that maybe I just woke myself up because because I didn't experience all the lights and bells people were talking about. It actually wasn't until I was up at the top of my stairs of my room (my room in the a basement) I got stuck behind the door for a bit because I realized I had no hands to turn the doorknob. Thats when it really hit me that I succeeded. I had some problems moving around, my movements were very wobbly as I went through the kitchen. Everything was crystal clear. I just started wearing glasses last year for distance but my vision during this experience was so clear. I noticed I could also feel this dampness in the air from the humidity. I hear this is sometimes associated with being at a lower astral, but I didn't really feel like I was in danger or anything. I hovered through the kitchen and saw my mother in the dining room, she was cleaning. She was dusting all the knick knacks in the entertainment center [I did not recognize these ornaments]. I tried to move an object or get her to notice me. I was still having trouble moving about. I was hovering upright but was extremely wobbly on a 30 degree slant. The bottom part of my body drifted behind me a little. This is where I started having fun. I took off and flew up through and above the house over the back yard. I flew up and down around my property like a bird. The experience was overwhelmingly liberating. I decided to go to the moon. I started soaring very high very fast. I tried focusing on going higher and higher and tried to visualize the moon but I wasn't going as high as I wanted to. Then I descended back over my house and hovered slightly over the tallest pine tree in the back yard.

I floated stationary for a few moments trying to think of where I wanted to go. Then I thought about going to my friend's house. I closed my eyes and tried to visualize being in his kitchen. I started soaring extremely fast. I could feel the direction I was going in. As I was soaring towards my friend's house I noticed this dark figure was trailing behind me. It was all black and looked almost like a skeleton or stick figure, it was very abstract-looking. I was uncertain of what it might be, thinking it might possibly be a demon, however I did not get any negative feelings from it. I looked away and kept on soaring forward but noticed it was trying to get my attention and talk to me. As it got closer I could tell it was a woman. She asked me to come with her. I thought "NO! I don't know if I can trust you." I started to ignore her and keep moving but then she urged me to stop moving. She told me, "Wait!, wait! I'm not going to hurt you. I'm trying to help you. Stop! Don't go any further." Her voice was very sweet and soft. I got a very warm feeling from her. I complied with her advice, and before I could think anything else I snapped back into my body.