Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Psychic Vampires, etc. (was: Casting Love)

Blog Entries

Re: Psychic Vampires, etc. (was: Casting Love)

Quote Originally Posted by VioletImagery
    Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    I'd actually go so far as to create a specific shield that has his name on it and forbids all spiritual/psychic connection.
    Can you tell me how to do this specifically? Like I said, this is totally new to me. Thanks!
    Well, I can tell you how I do it.

First I relax a little (just a few deep breaths, shake off any noticible physical tension, etc., nothing major). Then I consciously release any negative energy I might be dragging around. I do that by stating it aloud: I release and ground all negative energy. (Happily, I don't accumulate negative energy much any more, but I've been practicing how to get rid of it for a long time now, and I've especially had to learn how to avoid generating it myself!) Then I just find my center point (i.e., get a place of balance), and use the statement about being my own authority (above). That all puts me in the mindset. I suppose it's possible to skip any of these (I know it is, actually), but I think it works best if I just take a few minutes and shake off the excess energy and state my authority, etc.

Let's see now. I do this kind of intuitively. I sort of form mental/astral pictures of what I want, it's hard to describe in words. With my mother, I created a fairly large, transparent "bubble" all around me. It extends some distance, because she's got long tentacles, so to speak. When I generated it, I stated clearly that this shield was specifically to forbid her to touch me in any way, physically (which isn't actually an issue, as we're on opposite continents now, but still), mentally, emotionally, or spiritually. I made it a permanent shield just by saying it's a permanent shield. So I stated something like this:

I generate this shield, which draws strength from the heavens and the earth
    to prevent [her full name] from any contact with me, in any form
    the shield to remain until I choose to dissolve it
    And so it is

I mean, actually, I don't always "say" these things, I just kind of.... I go into a light trance, I build the shield, I think the qualities I want it to have, and then I seal it by ... You know in the Genesis creation story, God just says something, and there it is? "And God said, let there be... and there was..." ? Well, it's kind of like that. Only I don't really "say" it in words. I just create it in my mind with the qualities it's meant to have and then I push some energetic will into it, and there it is.

I'm sure there must be specific rituals for this, but that's how I do it. It's actually kind of flexible. You can create your own ritual or visualisations or whatever. So long as it makes sense to you, it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I'd use a mirror shield if they are very mean,
    Like the kids rhyme "I'm rubber and you're glue..."? Maybe the kids are on to something.
    Yeah, actually.

Mirror shields are fairly easy. Relax, centre, visualise yourself surrounded by a transluscent bubble of energy that completely encases you and your aura. You can see out easily, and positive energy can easily move through the membrane of the bubble, but negative energy or ill intentions or similar instantly causes the bubble's exterior to become reflective and send back whatever was sent to you.

You do have to be somewhat careful with this, as it can sometimes provoke the sender of negative energy and ill intent even further, but that's not that common (usually it's only a problem if they're doing it consciously; the ones who do it unconsciously just get back the negativity they sent out and feel really uncomfortable, guilty, afraid, etc., and back off). I've had to resort to this kind of shielding with one particularly nasty person/group I managed to piss off (it was a gossipy, bitchy women's chat group on the net, believe it or not, and I'm sure none of them knew they were psychically attacking me, but they certainly were and they didn't stop until I reflected it all back).

Well, it's not too late for me to change supervisors. Maybe I should consider it.
    Do consider it. It's better not to have to deal with an abuser if you can avoid them.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thank you for all the help, OlderWiser! I also read the sticky on shielding and I'm feeling more confident. I think I must have been doing some sort of shielding instinctively (whenever I imagined myself the past few days, I seemed to be wearing leather armor and that was kind of confusing me since I don't usually think about wearing armor, lol) but having specific techniques should help a lot!

--Kelsey
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Blog Entries

Oh, one other thing I should mention.

You cannot engage with people in an energy exchange (argument, etc.) and expect your shield to keep working. Imagine throwing little balls of energy at someone, only you're still trying to maintain a membranous shield of energy to keep them from throwing energy balls at you.... Doesn't work well.

I'm sure that there are people who can construct a shield through which they can cast negative energy but through which no negative energy can be returned, but in my experience, it's kind of tricky. Engage them in a fight (even if they start it) and you're in the thick of it, you know? Maybe this is more the case for people with ties that are deep and well established, but it's something to keep in mind.

It's a little like a standard Star Trek style invisibility cloak. The minute you fire, you have to lower the cloak, and that makes you visible and vulnerable.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Ok, thanks for the additional piece of advice! I will keep it in mind. I'll let you know how it goes too.

--Kelsey
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2