Thread: Question from a newbie

Question from a newbie

I recently bought and am reading through Robert's newest book, Energy Work. I am having a lot of trouble working with my own energy, as whenever I perform the exercises, I find myself thinking of other people. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this? It seems no matter how hard I concentrate I can't avoid this, and I know that it can be annoying (to say the least).

Re: Question from a newbie

How long have you been trying? Though some may 'get it' right away, others take months to get some control and years to really get the hang of it. Keep in mind that many of us on the forums have been doing this kind of stuff for a long time.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

I have been trying on and off for a few months. I become hesitant to continue when I know I've made someone angry. Not sure what I'm not getting exactly, but is there maybe something else I should try focusing on?

Blog Entries

Who is "someone" you made angry and how does that relate to your energy work?

Oliver

Jaco Guest

Quote Originally Posted by simmq
    I recently bought and am reading through Robert's newest book, Energy Work. I am having a lot of trouble working with my own energy, as whenever I perform the exercises, I find myself thinking of other people. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this? It seems no matter how hard I concentrate I can't avoid this, and I know that it can be annoying (to say the least).
    Do you practice any concentration techniques. Meditation might help to stop your mind from wandering so much.

Hm...these sound like simple answers. Maybe I'm just being dense. Really I've always had problems with my mind wandering, and the past few years I have been trying to find a way, without drugs (prescribed or not), to focus. When I meditate, I still feel the presence of other people, and it seems all I have to do is think of them once and they will not leave, whether they want to or not. Yes, I need to let go, and even more I have to understand what letting go means. Thanks for the meaningful insights everyone who answered! I know I'll be asking for help later on, hopefully I'll have better questions.

Chris_com28 Guest

I think I know what this is about. I've experienced things like this before. You say you can't do energy work because you feel you made someone angry? It seems the emotion of guilt (forgive me if I misunderstand) is getting in the way of work energy work. Are you sure you've upset people or do you think it could be you just exagerating? Some people get quite worried about insignificant things and beat themselves up about it, which could be happening here.

Energetically it seems like a blockage. Somethings happened or you done something which resulted in something bad whiched caused an energy block. Do you procrastinate with energy work at all? I believe a block would be likely to cause that aswell. You thinking about people while doing energy work may be you accessing feelings caught up in the energy. In which case I think the energy needs to be cleared. Try something like Z Point or EFT while doing energy work. Palehorse also has a website which offers energy scans for a fairly reasonable price. They may be able to tell you more about your problem.

Hope this helps.

007 Guest

Hi
    My mind often wanders when I do things like Energy work, I usually just take a few deep breaths & maybe think 'cancel, cancel' and turn my mind back to the task in hand.
    Do you think that people are going to be annoyed cos they've noticed you're thinking about them? that was my interpretation of your post, & I don't think that's very likely.
    from