Thread: universal consciousness v.s. soul v.s. spirit

amazingjourney Guest

universal consciousness v.s. soul v.s. spirit

Are universal consciousness and the spirit the same thing?

In other words, once we go to heaven, are we the universal consciousness?

I would think that souls or spirits are still individuals and will need to learn lessons. Universal consciousness is something that's unchanging, ultimate, the essence of everything, authenticity, the knowing, where "I" doesn't exist.

Blog Entries

Re: universal consciousness v.s. soul v.s. spirit

It depends from what 'technical viewpoint' you're coming from.

The word 'spirit' denotes a state of being- you can be 'in spirit' or have 'spirits' in the sense of emotions- something that seems to indicate some sort of locality. Ephemeral yes, but there is some type of locality implied.
    The word 'consciousness' has a different 'flavor' to it- it has been described as something that is or isn't, in that it can be local or nonlocal- some have postulated a 'consciousness grid', and some have postulated that consciousness is nonlocal or supralocal- but there is a sense of it not being 'something' as spirit seems to indicate to me.

Universal consciousness, now that's a mouthful. Universal means unity of the diverse- and consciousness seems to be a quality of it. But yes, I tend to think you have a good idea of what it is. Essence, atman, unchanging.
    But then I don't really know.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

amazingjourney Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    The word 'spirit' denotes a state of being- you can be 'in spirit' or have 'spirits' in the sense of emotions- something that seems to indicate some sort of locality. Ephemeral yes, but there is some type of locality implied.
    The word 'consciousness' has a different 'flavor' to it- it has been described as something that is or isn't, in that it can be local or nonlocal- some have postulated a 'consciousness grid', and some have postulated that consciousness is nonlocal or supralocal- but there is a sense of it not being 'something' as spirit seems to indicate to me.

Universal consciousness, now that's a mouthful. Universal means unity of the diverse- and consciousness seems to be a quality of it. But yes, I tend to think you have a good idea of what it is. Essence, atman, unchanging.
    But then I don't really know.
    Thank you CF! Yes, locality is a very good point. I think there is something else too.

I mean if we ask the question in another way: what part of us goes on after we pass on? Is it only the unchanging, authentic, knowing part of us, the observers, or does it also include the emotions, psychological components, subconsciousness, where we carry memory of this life and past lives along with us when we move on?

Blog Entries

I can only tell you my opinion- I'd say all of us goes on, but not necessarily 'with us'. The essential "I" ness probably goes on with us, but the memories probably become part of the akashic records. Then the "I" ness of us reincarnates, and we can access the memories via the akashic records, or 'wait' until no manifestation is left, when we evolve into some sort of fully transcended being (or no-being)- but I'm guessing there.

amazingjourney Guest

Thank you CF!

Now another question is : when we pass on, does it feel just like we are OBEing? I know nobody knows for sure.

But if when we pass on, all of our bodies go on at the same time, it probably feels different from OBEing, because

when we OBE, we can be in one of our different bodies only.

I guess my question is are we our whole spirits, when OBEing?

Is this a silly question!

Timotheus Guest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amazingjourney
    Thank you CF!

I guess my question is are we our whole spirits, when OBEing?

Is this a silly question!
    I don't think so no. I don't think our 'whole' spirits OBE, only that part of ourselves that is able to perceive the 'locale' it's going to, and the rest of us is multidimensional. So we are able to experience bilocation and other more complex states, but we're still everywhere else where we 'are'. Of course this is My Opinion.
    ps. There are no silly questions.
    Only the ones I don't know the answer to.
    ps. Tim I didn't read your answer, no time ATM.