Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: western high magick is extraordinarily complex

Blog Entries

Re: western high magick is extraordinarily complex

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    Don't approach affirmations from the Law of Attraction/New Age nonsense, which seems to be what you guys are doing because many of you said you are trying to get your subconscious to believe your affirmations.
    No. My subconscious often resists, because it believes otherwise. It's more a matter of having a block.

That being said, as I noted, I actually have other, very effective ways of accomplishing what I intend. I use those methods (well, one method in particular) in preference to anything else, including affirmations.

Quite possibly what I do is similar to what you're trying to describe, but just in different words. As I also noted, what I do is very much intuitive and symbolic, very hard to describe in something as clumsy as language.

Quote Originally Posted by star
    The aspects your affirming against have enough intelligence and willpower to resist change. If you find that they forcebly fight against change, you'll want to locate the actual aspect that's angry, and speak to it directly. If you know your Franz Bardon, you can dissect the bugger and change its elementà l structure, forcing a positive change.

Otherwise, this way of dealing with it only takes but a few moments. And is 100% effective in all my cases. Even when I work on the aspects of others.
    Interesting. Thoughtforms? Thought fields... ? Hmmm.

I'm afraid I'm not much into Franz Bardon, but I'm well acquainted with finding parts of my own psyche and dealing with them directly in various ways.

Can you elaborate on how you go about doing that?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Don't approach affirmations from the Law of Attraction/New Age nonsense, which seems to be what you guys are doing because many of you said you are trying to get your subconscious to believe your affirmations.
    Could you just quit calling other people's beliefs nonsense. Someone might return you the favor.

Instead think of what is taught here....HIGHER SELF..throat chakra...astral plane. Remember that you are literally God. While you are chanting the affirmations you are merely proving to your Higher Self how important these things are to you. You do NOT need to believe that they are already true in your life.
    And that's what you believe. Or maybe people like Robert Bruce just deep down believe that affirmations work miracles, and that's why they actually do for them. And maybe that's what the real difference is, and not the form, ritual or style. And the same would not happen for another person, no matter how they do them.

But how would you tell the difference?

Oliver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    stating an affirmation seems to bring into sharper focus the disparity between what actually is and what I desire to be.
    If it does that means that you are putting your attention and belief on what you don't want. If this is the case you must do what the New Thought community (not new age) calls Denials- You need to logically come to the conclusion that what you want is possible and what you don't want is not the right thing, or temporary.

*sigh*
    The purpose of affirmations is to reprogram the already preprogrammed subconscious, to get out of the way of the Superconscious. If we didn't have subconscious minds already programmed with limited thinking, we wouldn't need affirmations, or what I talked about in the earlier paragraph.

Instead think of what is taught here....HIGHER SELF..throat chakra...astral plane.
    This is a technique just like the other one- self realization is fine and dandy if you're ready to accept your divinity. But most people don't, hence the need for these things.
    Remember that you are literally God. While you are chanting the affirmations you are merely proving to your Higher Self how important these things are to you. You do NOT need to believe that they are already true in your life.
    This is contradictory. We are literally God, yes. We actually don't need these things that we are trying to get by doing A or B. But the part of us that believes we need this is the part that needs to use these techniques, and is the part that is preprogrammed to believe otherwise.
    So you see, if you have realized a certain type of transcendent existence, you don't have to do any of this stuff- because you are complete- or more importantly realize you are.
    But for the rest of us, who for some reason or another are still clinging to things of the earth, like food, or love (and yes, love is divine, but we yearn it from other living people), and for some reason don't believe we deserve it, or can't have it, affirmations are one tool that is very helpful to use.
    Of course, all this becomes much easier when we realize that as divine beings we already have them, but this process of realization isn't instantly achieved by using technical means like opening this or that chakra or traveling to the astral plane.
    If anything, I'd say that realization is the way to go. When you can realize your divinity. Everything else, affirmations, energy work, ritual, study, everything, is just tools we use to get this realization (even if 'get' is not the right word).

And please refrain from demeaning movements like the New Age movement. You don't have to like them, or subscribe to their beliefs, but please respect them.
    CF.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ouroboros Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    stating an affirmation seems to bring into sharper focus the disparity between what actually is and what I desire to be.
    If it does that means that you are putting your attention and belief on what you don't want. If this is the case you must do what the New Thought community (not new age) calls Denials- You need to logically come to the conclusion that what you want is possible and what you don't want is not the right thing, or temporary.
    I've heard of the New Thought movement (and read a little about it way back when I first started my spiritual journey) but Denials are something totally new to me. I'll definitely have to check that out.

alwayson4 Guest

*sigh*
    The purpose of affirmations is to reprogram the already preprogrammed subconscious, to get out of the way of the Superconscious. If we didn't have subconscious minds already programmed with limited thinking, we wouldn't need affirmations, or what I talked about in the earlier paragraph.

*sigh*
    I do not buy your New Age/New Thought/The Secret/Law of Attraction explanation. Affirmations work because of the Higher Self and thus via an entirely different mechanism, IMO.

alwayson4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    And maybe that's what the real difference is, and not the form, ritual or style. And the same would not happen for another person, no matter how they do them.

But how would you tell the difference?

Oliver

No

Form and performance counts.

Blog Entries

*sigh*

*sigh*
    I do not buy your New Age/New Thought/The Secret/Law of Attraction explanation. Affirmations work because of the Higher Self, IMO.
    Everything works because of the Higher Self. You are not understanding what I am trying to say.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

star Guest

Bee,

I'll first turn my attention inward, seek out the emotion and locate the area it seems to be derived from. I'll feel around, until I find a intelligence or central location for the feeling. My own aspects are about as evolved as children, or less so. Once you find one you can work with it as is, or move it upwards towards the throat for easier communication.

Its easiest for me when I take a relaxed approached, and don"t be too hard on yourself, you can tramautize them if you become too rough, or remove them.

Ah, they can move.. You may find that some of them disapear or hide, or even find a neg hiding in yourself while working.. The important thing is results - results seperate imagination from the real thing. Even though I work through the mental plane to do this. Its something that takes alittle practice.

alwayson4 Guest

Western magick is based on Judaic thinking.

The problem is that there is no evidence of Judaism before the "return" of the Jews from the Second Baylonian captivity.

There is no evidence for Egyptian captivity (unless they are the Hyskos), King David, Abraham, Moses etc etc. The Torah was first written down during the Second Babylonian captivity. Most scholars agree on this. The debate is whether the material in the Torah actually happened, OR was it made up to keep the "Jews" unified under one philosophy. For example, the making up of the story of Abraham's circumcision covenent, could have provided a unique way for the "Jews" to remain distinct from the Babylonians. But it would have nothing to do with God.

And surely, by making up the story of the Egyptian captivity, the enslaved people could say, "see this happened before"

Then I guess the kaballah was made up to provide a sorely needed mystical aspect that was missing from an incomplete religion

star Guest

If you don't like that system choose another. Its all about finding what fits best isn't it?