Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: western high magick is extraordinarily complex

alwayson4 Guest

Re: western high magick is extraordinarily complex

I really do not know of any other ritualized magick system besides Western

do you?

The only one I can think of is the magick used by Hindu priests in temples. For example, when installing an "idol" into a temple for the first time, the priest will take a yantra (sigil talisman) for that particular diety and put it underneath the idol, and then invoke/evoke that diety into the idol using mantra. Forever on, that idol IS THE DIETY. The talismans are something to behold in of in themselves.

I am Indian, but that type of magick is only passed within the families of the priestly Brahmin class.

Maybe I should get a big bell and ring it during the chanting of my affirmations? That is what the Hindu priests do while chanting mantras during particular rituals.

Jaco Guest

Does it have to be ritualized magic?
    Maybe some other types of pathworking?

The question you need to ask yourself is: is a magic system with very complex rituals is something that you really need? Do you believe that ringing a bell puts cosmic gears in motion?

star Guest

I have an idea for you Always..

I'd suggest working through Franz Bardon's "intitiation into Hermetics" Also Glenn Morris, his first book "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master"

Honestly, rituals are great, and if you can work your astral senses up you can learn a few from the masters themselves, so why putter in the gutter?

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    Affirmations work for me.

But I put a lot of effort into chanting them out loud every day. Chant each one like you would a mantra (say each one multiple times). The key part is putting that kind of effort into it.

wstein, what is energy and sound magick? I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Energy Magic is based on applying metaphysical or chi energy (the same stuff talked about with NEW). Basically, you raise and direct energy in various forms in a way to accomplish your goals. Most hands-on healing is a simple form or energy magic (Reike, Quantum Touch, etc).

Sound magic is done with audible sound often with the voice (chanting, toning, etc) or with aspecial bowls, crystals, shakers, etc. Its actually the sound resonance and timber that does most of the work. Its has limited versatility as it usually requires you to be physically present with what you want to change. It is good for healing, looking for entities, altering people's moods. It is easily done with groups of varying experience. Note: not so useful during OBE.

Much is written about each.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Energy Magic is based on applying metaphysical or chi energy (the same stuff talked about with NEW). Basically, you raise and direct energy in various forms in a way to accomplish your goals. Most hands-on healing is a simple form or energy magic (Reike, Quantum Touch, etc).
    Hey, I do that. I always did it more or less intuitively, just sort of feeling my way (I do most things that way, actually).

I haven't done a lot of hands-on healing, but I'm working my way up to that. I've first been practicing by healing myself.

I need to do some research into energy magic, now that I know what it's called. Thanks.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

alwayson4 Guest

Read this everyone

http://blog.astraldynamics.com/?p=537

Notice the key word is "intensive" i.e. outloud over many hours

alwayson4 Guest

Do affirmations work better if you "sigilize" them? By that I mean, instead of chanting your affirmation, turn the words around into a nonsense-sounding phrase, that way they would get less resistance from the subconscious.

Blog Entries

Only if the sigils mean anything to you personally. They may resonate with the archetype they symbolize if it's meaningful, or if it has the 'support' of belief from large groups of people behind it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I've come to this thread late but wanted to comment because this has been a theme for me lately...

I've kind of come full circle on the subject of ritual and physical aids. Originally my view was along the lines others have stated -- physical tools are just ways to focus my energy and intent, so why can't I just do that without the middle-man?

What I've found since, was that there seemed to be a disconnect between my subconscious mind / energy / etc., and my physical results. Belief system purge? Check. Militantly optimistic? Check. Energy and emotions? Feeling great. Goals, expectations and intent? Well defined and consistent. Outward life? Not changing or showing any correlation to any of the other stuff, in spite of that being part of the reason for focusing so much on the other stuff to begin with.

I don't know how it is for others but the theory in my case was that my subconscious mind was somewhat isolated from physical feedback, and thus didn't fully understand what I meant when I intended physical results. More than likely I'd express a desire, and it would send some part of myself to fulfill it somewhere in the astral, come back and go "job done!"

So then it clicked -- the subconscious mind speaks in symbols, so maybe to get it to understand the concept of physical results, use physical symbols. I further realized that the few times I have done some sort of physical ritual to symbolize my intent, it has worked, and worked well. I was just so stuck on the idea of reliance on energy and intent alone, without fully realizing it, that I didn't do that very often.

I'm sure there will come a time when my conscious and subconscious mind are "bridged" well enough to understand each other's intentions better in practice, though for now, this is what seems to work, and I can't really argue with results.